Top Healthiest Superfoods and Supplements in the World

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The 5 Healthiest Foods in the World

Post by Winston »

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-ben ... tion_Facts

"Barley Grass Nutrition Facts

Barley is a multi-nutrient rich super food loaded with vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3(niacin), vitamin B6, folate, vitamin C(ascorbic acid), vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) and vitamin K(phylloquinone). It contains an abundance of electrolytes such as magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium along with other essential minerals such as zinc, iron, and calcium. Barley grass is also a rich provider of powerful antioxidants, essential amino acids, and beneficial enzymes. It supplies the valuable fiber to the body and does not offer any harmful cholesterol."

Also, even corrupt government sources agrees:

https://www.drugs.com/npc/barley-grass.html

"The juice of barley grass contains beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, pantothenic acid, and folic acid. Minerals present include potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and magnesium. Other constituents are chlorophyll, amino acids, protein, fiber, and enzymes. Cobalamin or vitamin B12 deficiency may be avoided in vegetarian diets by supplementation with dehydrated barley grass juice."

Wow impressive.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. Chlorella has 50x more chlorophyll than wheatgrass does! Health expert David Wolfe explains below.

Jamesbond, you should try chlorella!

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Wow check this out. Chlorella has 50x more chlorophyll than wheatgrass does! Health expert David Wolfe explains below.

Jamesbond, you should try chlorella!
That's interesting, I will have to check out chlorella.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Top Healthiest Foods in the World

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Wow you gotta see this short video about chlorella and its benefits. It will blow you away and mesmerize you! I cant believe something like that really exists! The benefits are so numerous.

Its even good for diabetes. Wow. See the link below. Amazing.

https://draxe.com/7-proven-chlorella-be ... e-effects/

"7. Lowers Your Blood Sugar and Cholesterol

Type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol are two of the serious chronic conditions facing many Americans today. Years of improper eating, stress and a lack of sleep have led many to one or both of these diagnoses.

In a study published the Journal of Medicinal Food, researchers found that doses of 8,000 mg of chlorella per day (divided into 2 doses), helps lower cholesterol and blood glucose levels.

Researchers observed first a decline in cholesterol levels, and then the improvement in blood glucose. They believe that chlorella activates a number of genes at the cellular level that improve insulin sensitivity, encouraging a healthy balance. (8, 9)"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow look! This government study found that chlorella healed cancer in rats.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2613958/

Also this government study shows that chlorella helps those with diabetes and insulin problems.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18800884

Why would the government ever admit to such a thing? Why would the government fund studies using natural superfoods? I thought the government is against all natural cures and remedies? Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

By the way, I found chlorella on vitacost cheaper than on iherb. So if you want to save money, get it on vitacost. See below. It comes in powder form and tablet form. Made in Japan.

https://www.vitacost.com/productResults ... =Chlorella

Millions of people in Japan are now taking it, so it must be very beneficial.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just took my first chlorella drink today with the powder form. It just arrived today. It tastes like condensed seaweed. Not as easy to take as wheatgrass. I would imagine most people would not like the taste. Thats why most take it in tablet form I heard. I can bear it though, since I like seaweed.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Underrated foods that are incredibly healthy:

Fresh papaya (gastrointestinal health)
Grape seeds (Chew them do not simply swallow whole for anti-oxidant, nutrient, and fiber)
100% real maple syrup (anti-oxidants)
Fresh fish (anti-inflammatory for heart health)
Red wines (stimulates stomach enzymes)
Curry spice (Anti-inflammatory and anti-brain plaque)
Water

The curative properties of the above cannot be overstated.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Underrated foods that are incredibly healthy:

Fresh papaya (gastrointestinal health)
Grape seeds (Chew them do not simply swallow whole for anti-oxidant, nutrient, and fiber)
100% real maple syrup (anti-oxidants)
Fresh fish (anti-inflammatory for heart health)
Red wines (stimulates stomach enzymes)
Curry spice (Anti-inflammatory and anti-brain plaque)
Water

The curative properties of the above cannot be overstated.
If one is poor and has to go the GMO route, here's the best way to do it:

- hard-boiled eggs/eggs prepared with no cheese but with garlic and/or onions and/or cilantro (coriander), etc.
- baked chicken and copious amounts EVERYDAY ON NON CHEATING DAYS IF YOU CAN (if you have to have fried chicken, make it once a week at most!)
note: it'll fill you up and you won't have to worry about cheating on no-cheating days but if you become bored easily, prepare it slightly differently
every time or every day (e.g. cook it in curry/spicy flavored East Indian sauces, Thai sauces, etc. Fcuk it - it may bring sodium back in but better
slightly higher blood presure (no hypertension of course ) in lieu of Type II Diabetes from too much processed sugar your body couldn't rid).
- actual spicy pepper blendered-up salsa (in lieu of salty processed hot sauce like Texas Pete, etc.)
- boiled or steamed cauliflower-broccoli-kale-minced-onions-garlic mix
- "brown" simple carbs in lieu of white/yellow-tinted starch/pasta/etc.
- little to no corn (Monsanto has their hand in it - literally) - no microwaveable popcorn (carcinogenic)
- no gum containing aspartame
- avoid cheese unless it's a cheating day
- avoid bread (wheat, "health", doesn't matter) unless it's a cheating day (avoid pizza most of all - think
of pizza as literally a loaf of bread with cheese and sauce on it - that's what pizza really is!)
- eat "breakfast carbs" only on cheating days (e.g. waffles, pancakes, biscuits, toast, etc. - moderate butter is okay for the fat component - we need fat as humans!)
- avoid ice cream or milkshake or smoothie unless it's a cheating day and only eat the small children's size to get your weekly fix
- if you have a sweet tooth, satiate it by eating apples, oranges, grapes, peanuts-raisins-seeds-dates mix, then repeat (switch up from the monotony) before arriving upon your cheating day

In addendum, this works for me when I am being cheap or don't have access to healthy food on a budget.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't know if this qualifies as one of the healthiest foods in the world, but I've made some pickles out of different vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and yellow squash. If kids will eat cucumber pickles, they probably won't object to zucchini if it's pickled and chopped up like hamburger slices. I have pickled all of these with the same spices I'd use for cucumbers. I have used a pickling spice that adds coriander. If I make my own, I use dill and garlic, of course, but if at all possible add mustard seed which seems to be a key ingredient for the better tasting European pickles.

In general, I have heard that pickling is supposed to make vegetables even better for us. If you pickle a big jar of vegetables, you can eat a little of it every day, or a lot, without preparing it every time.

Sauer Kraut is also good to keep around. There are other ways to eat it besides on sausages of dubious origins. I've seen it cooked with chicken in Pennsylvania. The Polish use it in soup. I had some on a chicken sandwich recently and that was really good. If you live in some country where you can't buy sauer kraut, you may be able to make an even healthier version of it at home. Some Asian countries that do not have sauer kraut in most of their stores may have cabbage. If not, you can experiment with local vegetables that are similar. Koreans have a non-spicy version of pecu bokchoy or whatever it is. But in general, Koreans seem to have an aversion to salt. You could try to make a salty version of local cabbage-like vegetables if you need some sauer kraut.

We had a poster here a while back who posted a video that told how important it was to eat fermented vegetables to have gut bacteria to defeat the Illuminati. I don't know about that, but these vegetables are supposed to be very good for you.

The cabbagy vegetables can have a side effect. Before a first date with a girl,for the 24 hours beforehand make sure to eat a lot of these vegetables, along with a mix of lima and pinto beans, with lots of asparagus and Indonesian pete and jengkol as a side dish. Show her whose boss.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

oH DUH:

- CopiOus amounts of water D A I L Y
- Copious amounts of eggs D A I L Y

Multiple Sclerosis disease creeps me out. Get your Vitamin D in with mushrooms (semi-cooked),
butter, and/or eggs almost daily!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow i didnt know omega 3 fish oil was so important and essential. I guess if you dont eat fish, you will have to eat a lot of grounded flax seeds, or take omega 3 fish oil supplements.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/17 ... of-omega-3

https://draxe.com/fish-oil-benefits-health/

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you want to lower your blood sugar level, cut carbs/sugar, exercise and lose weight. I got my blood sugar level down from over 200 to 115.

My Indian coworker suggest fasting and Karela (bitter melon) -- fresh, not the pills they sell on Amazon.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

momopi wrote:If you want to lower your blood sugar level, cut carbs/sugar, exercise and lose weight. I got my blood sugar level down from over 200 to 115.

My Indian coworker suggest fasting and Karela (bitter melon) -- fresh, not the pills they sell on Amazon.
Eating well 80-90 percent of the time is not rocket science, but I think we should eat "carcinogenic" stuff in moderation at most in order to indulge ourselves into our guilty pleasures.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:If you want to lower your blood sugar level, cut carbs/sugar, exercise and lose weight. I got my blood sugar level down from over 200 to 115.

But momopi, all the green superfoods i take are in powder form. Some are in tablet form too. They claim to be fresh because they were freeze dried into powder form to preserve the nutrients and enzymes. So isnt that as good as fresh? It certainly tastes fresh and nutritious.

Congrats on getting your blood sugar down. Did your doctor say it could be prediabetes to have high blood sugar?

Btw if carbs are the culprit then how come americans were not fat in the 1950s? Back then americans ate a lot of pancakes and burgers and bread and pasta too. It was a consumerist society back then too. So why were americans normal and not fat back then? Also the french eat a lot of pastries, croissant and french bread, and italians eat a lot of pasta and pizza and carbs, yet they are not as fat as Americans.

How do you explain that? Something else must be going on. Its gotta be more than just carbs that are destroying America's health. And no its not cars. Americans drove in cars in the 50s too. You gotta use your head momopi and think, not just memorize and repeat like typical asians do. And dont assume that everything has a simple practical reason. That's not true.