Is it smart for a guy to ask a new girlfriend to do a STD Test?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Light
Freshman Poster

Is it smart for a guy to ask a new girlfriend to do a STD Test?

Post by Light »

Is it smart for a guy to ask every new girlfriend to go for a STD Test before he has sex with her? Is it smart for a guy to ask for that to protect against possible STDs?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it smart for a guy to ask a new girlfriend to go for a STD Test?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yes, it is very smart. In some conservative countries, the girls stay virginal until marriage. It might not be so necessary there, but for Western girls who you'll be raw dogging, you'll want to do that without a doubt.

The way to finesse this is to tell her that you are doing it to protect HER, and that you both should do it together just to have peace of mind with each other. Also let her know that you and she cannot be "official" till that's jointly done.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I think it is OK if he is willing to do the test and willing to pay for both tests.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Yohan wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 11:59 pm
I think it is OK if he is willing to do the test and willing to pay for both tests.
Why should the guy pay for both? I think it could be okay if the girl turns out to have no STDs but if she has an STD then she should pay for her own test. That means the girl should pay for her own test and if she's clean maybe the guy could give her the money back after he gets the results.

Girls want sex just as much or more than guys want sex.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Light wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 7:15 am
Yohan wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 11:59 pm
Why should the guy pay for both? I think it could be okay if the girl turns out to have no STDs but if she has an STD then she should pay for her own test. That means the girl should pay for her own test and if she's clean maybe the guy could give her the money back after he gets the results.
Girls want sex just as much or more than guys want sex.
Well, in this case he is asking HER to do the test together.
So he shall pay for that, just my opinion.

In case, she is asking HIM to do the test together, she should pay for both tests.

If they agree to sharing the costs 50/50, I am also fine with it....

That's how I see the situation - not sure of course if others agree with me.
Usoop
Freshman Poster

Post by Usoop »

No it's stupid
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Usoop wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 9:14 am
No it's stupid
Keep believing that until you eventually have sex with a girl that has HIV or Herpes or something else that's bad.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Light wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:27 pm
Keep believing that until you eventually have sex with a girl that has HIV or Herpes or something else that's bad.
Actually you're right. Chlamydia and gonorrhea are very, very common among young people and generally women don't show any visible symptoms, even during penetrative sex. So a test for those two would definitely help. It remains that, even if you catch either of them, they can be easily flushed by taking a one-week antibiotic treatment: pills or injection + pill.

The problem is herpes, HSV-1 or HVS-2, which has no cure and stays in your body forever. Testing for HSV is relatively expensive and not all clinics, especially those in an emerging country in Eastern Europe, Asia or Latin America, have it available. In places like the UK it's usually free but on a 2-month long wait list. Here in the Philippines it's available privately, for around $200.

I think the best protection is always to use condoms with sex partners you don't know well, you don't trust, or both. Condoms reduces contagion from Chlamydia/gonorrhea to almost zero and contagion from Herpes significantly.

HIV contagion from a heterosexual girl in a first-world country who is not a sex worker is very difficult. This is because anti-HIV treatment reduces chances of virus spreading via sexual contact to near zero. The problem is with sex workers who don't know they are positive yet, or women those poor countries in Africa or South East Asia who don't have access to free healthcare.

The real STD to avoid is basically herpes. They say syphilis is also on the rise but I haven't heard anyone who has contracted it. Syphilis is treatable, though it needs to be treated as early as possible because the chances of the bacteria attacking the nervous system are much higher than with chlamydia and gonorrhea.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Is it smart for a guy to ask a new girlfriend to do a STD Test?

Post by WorldTraveler »

Light wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 5:08 am
Is it smart for a guy to ask every new girlfriend to go for a STD Test before he has sex with her? Is it smart for a guy to ask for that to protect against possible STDs?
Only if you are planning on raw dogging her. If not and you're afraid, you probably shouldn't be having sex because you are too neurotic.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

Guilt
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.

Post by Guest »

hypermak wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 12:03 am
Light wrote:
May 20th, 2020, 8:27 pm
I think the best protection is always to use condoms with sex partners you don't know well, you don't trust, or both. Condoms reduces contagion from Chlamydia/gonorrhea to almost zero and contagion from Herpes significantly.
The best protection is no sex at all. Up next to that is what I did. Marry a faithful virgin and do not have sex outside of marriage.

My wife and I have used condoms maybe a dozen times. She does not like the feel, and of course I do not lack the lack thereof. Condoms are kind of like having sex in black and white instead of 4K color. Maybe they can help a young hypersensitive guy last a longer, but otherwise they sap quite a bit of fun out of the experience.

Virgins still exist, even in the west. They may be few and far mbetween. Usually they are women who are still quite young or else have held to strong convictiobs.

But along the theme of the board here, there still are traditional cultures where virginity is the norm and girls who sleep around ruin their prospects for marriage. Indonesia is like that especially in many of the rural areas.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan, why do you keep posting as a Guest? Lol. Do you keep forgetting to log in? Lol. Maybe this guest posting thing is not a good idea after all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 8:10 am
MrMan, why do you keep posting as a Guest? Lol. Do you keep forgetting to log in? Lol. Maybe this guest posting thing is not a good idea after all.
I got confused too, once (for now). Not such a good idea, TBH :)
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Guest wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 6:10 am
The best protection is no sex at all. Up next to that is what I did. Marry a faithful virgin and do not have sex outside of marriage.

My wife and I have used condoms maybe a dozen times. She does not like the feel, and of course I do not lack the lack thereof. Condoms are kind of like having sex in black and white instead of 4K color. Maybe they can help a young hypersensitive guy last a longer, but otherwise they sap quite a bit of fun out of the experience.

Virgins still exist, even in the west. They may be few and far mbetween. Usually they are women who are still quite young or else have held to strong convictiobs.

But along the theme of the board here, there still are traditional cultures where virginity is the norm and girls who sleep around ruin their prospects for marriage. Indonesia is like that especially in many of the rural areas.
Honestly, I hate condoms, too. Lucky me, in the Philippines there is a general tendency to have unprotected sex in all casual encounters bar, perhaps, those with sex professionals. Of all the girls I had sex with, only once I was asked to put a condom on, and that was only for my first and second time with that girl. Plenty of raw, unadulterated pleasure but at a price...being exposes to STDs.

I haven't had a test and so far nothing visible (e.g. penis discharges) have happened.

I am playing Russian roulette, I know...
EricaR
Freshman Poster

Post by EricaR »

Safety first.. In my opnion, there is no issue asking for it.. If she refuses it, As an Adult she is behaving irresponsibly and put someone else's life in danger.. However, it's better to use protection method if you don't want to maintain the relationship for longer.. on the other hand, you also have a responsibility to take STD. If you are aware of your life and health, she is also aware of her life and health