Risks of the Covid vaccine

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Risks of the Covid vaccine

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 5:14 pm
Covid-19 might have been engineered by a Wuhan lab to be a bioweapon but, on that count, it has failed miserably. Mother Nature is benign and prevailed, putting the virus on the same path to extinction as anything else before.
This is not correct. Japan and South Korea were ones of the first countries which were badly hit by the covid19 virus by infected Chinese tourists from Wuhan area.

Since then, in Japan the virus has been extensively researched, suspecting any foul play from China politics to cover up wrongdoings. In South Korea there was a huge alarming situation at the beginning because the nation felt theatened by some North Korean unknown bioweapon experiments.

However despite both countries possess public and private advanced research institutes absolutely nothing has been found so far that this covid19 virus was artificially created or that this virus had been manipulated.

This does not mean however, that this virus was not kept secretly in this Wuhan laboratory and escaped somehow accidentally.

---------

The covid19 virus will not be extinct - it will be among us for a very long time. However it might become by far less harmless - similar to the Spanish flu which variants are still among us, called now 'seasonal flu' and is now treated by updated vaccine booster shots yearly and some effective medication if required.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Coming soon....

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 10:29 am
Gali wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 6:00 am
Winston wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 4:48 am
Email from my family friend who is a radiologist in a hospital. What do u think?
I would not say that he is an uneducated fool and insane but quite the opposite.
I think, what he says makes a lot of sense.

I wonder however about which country is he talking?
America of course. Hes Asian American. From SF bay area too but lives in Arizona now.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Next email from my radiologist family friend:

"Winston,

I agree with you statistics and data can be spun, and that knife cuts both ways, one side or the other. Overwhelming information from both sides leads to the confusion. We are all subject to confirmation bias compounded with online algorithms showing us content what we tend to agree with. I try my best to make decisions based on the evidence, sources I trust, my own experiences and experiences of the people around me.

All people I know who have been vaccinated had minimal side effects lasting 1-2 days. Personally, I felt chilly for one day after my second dose and fatigue for 1 day after the booster. I do know several people who have had COVID ranging from mild symptoms to severe flu-like symptoms. One person had longer symptoms, where she complained of brain fog and fatigue for months after. I do not know anyone who was hospitalized, but virtually all people I know are vaccinated. I do know two people whose unvaccinated parents have died from COVID.

Appreciate the discussion from your friend.

I think it would be very hard to tease out how many, if any patients have died in the hospital caused directly by the COVID vaccine. Same can be said for any other vaccination, but valid point if number of deaths from heart attacks and/or myocarditis suddenly skyrocketed this past year. Regarding the increased reported side effects, anyone can file a report to Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) of which 85-90% of reports in 2019 were mild such as arm soreness and fever. I do not know the 2020 or 2021 numbers but presume vast majority of reported events are mild unless your friend knows otherwise. I suspect increased reporting could be due in part to the CDC opt-in app on smart phones asking for any side effects days and weeks post-vaccination which was not done for past vaccines. VAERS is used as an early warning system looking for patterns of adverse events that require more in depth investigation. Reported event does not mean direct causation. Link below has more detail.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensur ... index.html

I made no conclusion on long term effects from the vaccine, because these vaccines have only been in use for a year. I can only comment on the mild side effects I had and what I heard from other people.

Myocarditis, uncommonly occurs, but commonly caused by viral infections. 16x risk of myocarditis in patients with COVID versus patients without COVID if you choose to believe the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7035e5.htm

Regarding myocarditis following mRNA vaccination, conclusion of this study in journal Circulation was "Despite rare cases of myocarditis, the benefit-risk assessment for COVID-19 vaccination shows a favorable balance for all age and sex groups; therefore, COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for everyone ≥12 years of age." Almost all cases of myocarditis associated with mRNA vaccination resolved with and without treatment.

Myocarditis With COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161 ... 121.056135

Statement from the American Heart Association regarding vaccination including those with cardiovascular disease.

“As a science-based organization committed to health equity, we are heartened that COVID-19 vaccines have been approved to protect individuals, their loved ones and their communities from the pandemic. The American Heart Association.....strongly encourages everyone to get vaccinated with any approved COVID-19 vaccine as it is available. In particular, people with cardiovascular risk factors, heart disease, and heart attack and stroke survivors should get vaccinated as soon as possible because they are at much greater risk from the virus than they are from the vaccine.”

Regarding cancer patients, I agree this can be complicated as patients undergoing chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrow transplants or immunotherapy may have weakened immune systems and will not elicit the same immune response as in an immunocompetent person. However, most believe some protection from vaccination is better than none, but best evaluated on case by case basis.

COVID-19 Vaccines in People with Cancer
https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatm ... ancer.html

COVID-19 vaccines are now available. Learn more about them, and about people with cancer getting them, here.

Again, question is whether you believe benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks of any adverse effects.
Take care and say hello to your parents."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths by Vaccination Status
Washington State Department of Health November 24, 2021

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Docume ... inated.pdf

A good summary about the situation of unvaccinated, partially vaccinated and fully vaccinated patients,

Clearly, no doubt, fully vaccinated people infected with covid19 are doing far better - less deaths, less ICU.

Similar reports, but not in such details, are also published in UK, Netherlands, also in Austria, countries with a large group of anti-vaxxer and a huge number of infections.

------------------

Here in Japan, now about 100 million people out of 125 millions, got at least 1 x Pfizer shot - today only 1046 patients are reported in all Japan.
Covid19 is almost not existent anymore, and 12 provinces reported today ZERO new patients AND ZERO patients in hospitals.
Entire hospital wards are now empty.

Vaccine works, but you need around 80 percent of the population to be vaccinated in case of covid-19.

36 million Japanese are 65+ old and the vaccination rate for these vulnerable elderly is today 91.9 percent.
Very few in ICU and very few deaths now....
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Yohan wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 9:58 am

A good summary about the situation of unvaccinated, partially vaccinated and fully vaccinated patients,

Clearly, no doubt, fully vaccinated people infected with covid19 are doing far better - less deaths, less ICU.

Similar reports, but not in such details, are also published in UK, Netherlands, also in Austria, countries with a large group of anti-vaxxer and a huge number of infections.

------------------

Here in Japan, now about 100 million people out of 125 millions, got at least 1 x Pfizer shot - today only 1046 patients are reported in all Japan.
Covid19 is almost not existent anymore, and 12 provinces reported today ZERO new patients AND ZERO patients in hospitals.
Entire hospital wards are now empty.

Vaccine works, but you need around 80 percent of the population to be vaccinated in case of covid-19.

36 million Japanese are 65+ old and the vaccination rate for these vulnerable elderly is today 91.9 percent.
Very few in ICU and very few deaths now....
Sometimes I think you are in the wrong forum Yohan :mrgreen:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:

Any breakdown on the overall mortality of vaxed vs unvaxed?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 10:55 am
Yohan wrote:

Any breakdown on the overall mortality of vaxed vs unvaxed?
Page 13

COVID-19 deaths in unvaccinated and fully vaccinated individuals in Washington
state by age group, February - October, 2021
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Gali wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 10:51 am
Why? Please explain... :lol:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... riant.html
Covid cases in South Africa SOAR 403% in a week after scientists raised alarm about Omicron variant as top doctor calls the TEN PERCENT positivity rate 'scary' - but 87% of those hospitalised are unvaccinated

Leading virologist Tulio de Oliveira urged public to get vaccinated amid the 'scary' surge in infections

The Omicron variant has sent South Africa from a period of low transmission to a rapid growth of new confirmed cases
South Africa recorded 4,473 new cases on Tuesday, a 92 per cent increase from the day earlier and a massive 403 per cent increase compared to the 868 cases recorded last Tuesday
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Yohan wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 10:03 pm
Gali wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 10:51 am
Why? Please explain... :lol:
you lack insanity and craziness :mrgreen:
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Yohan wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 10:05 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... riant.html
Covid cases in South Africa SOAR 403% in a week after scientists raised alarm about Omicron variant as top doctor calls the TEN PERCENT positivity rate 'scary' - but 87% of those hospitalised are unvaccinated

Leading virologist Tulio de Oliveira urged public to get vaccinated amid the 'scary' surge in infections

The Omicron variant has sent South Africa from a period of low transmission to a rapid growth of new confirmed cases
South Africa recorded 4,473 new cases on Tuesday, a 92 per cent increase from the day earlier and a massive 403 per cent increase compared to the 868 cases recorded last Tuesday
There are mixed messages about how dangerous it is

Some say it is mild.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4741694
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
November 30th, 2021, 9:59 pm
Page 13

I mean any breakdown of the overall mortality from all sources between vaxed and unvaxed? You can call anything you want covaids deaths.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
December 1st, 2021, 5:21 am
Yohan wrote:
Page 13

I mean any breakdown of the overall mortality from all sources between vaxed and unvaxed? You can call anything you want covaids deaths.
I am not sure what you mean, maybe something like that?

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2282
ovid-19: Unvaccinated face 11 times risk of death from delta variant, CDC data show
Unvaccinated Americans have died at 11 times the rate of those fully vaccinated since the delta variant became the dominant strain, indicate surveillance data gathered over the summer by the US Centers for Disease Control.

Vaccinated people were 10 times less likely to be admitted to hospital and five times less likely to be infected than unvaccinated people, found one study that tracked adults across 13 states and cities.1
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... tember2021

Deaths involving COVID-19 by vaccination status, England: deaths occurring between 2 January and 24 September 2021
Weekly age-standardised mortality rates and age-specific rates for deaths involving COVID-19 by vaccination status; deaths occurring between 2 January and 24 September 2021 in England.
1.Main points
Between 2 January and 24 September 2021, the age-adjusted risk of deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) was 32 times greater in unvaccinated people than in fully vaccinated individuals.

The weekly age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for deaths involving COVID-19 were consistently lower for people who had received two vaccinations compared with one or no vaccinations.

ASMRs take into account differences in age structure and population size to allow comparisons between vaccination status groups; however some differences between the groups such as health status may remain and partly explain the differences in ASMRs.
https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... ives/95119

CDC Now Reports COVID Cases and Deaths by Vax Status
New tool also reveals numeric differences between vaccines
Unvaccinated people are 11 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, new research has found, bolstering evidence that the inoculations continue to provide powerful protection, even against the delta variant.

The latest studies from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released on Friday also found that vaccinated people were nearly five times less likely to get infected and 10 times less likely to get so sick they ended up in the hospital.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
December 1st, 2021, 8:37 am
Cornfed wrote:
December 1st, 2021, 5:21 am
Yohan wrote:
Page 13

I am not sure what you mean, maybe something like that?
No, I mean a breakdown of deaths OF ALL CAUSES. Do the vaxed generally outlive the unvaxed or vice versa?