Home workouts for men

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Home workouts for men

Post by Cornfed »

Apparently home workouts have been increasingly popular due to the covaids nonsense. Surprisingly though, when you type something like "home workouts for men" into a youtube search you get a mixture of huge roided-up black guys doing 80s feminine jazzersise type routines and teenage twerps doing teenaged twerp type routines.

It is not that that kind of stuff would have no benefit for the average couch potato, but it would be good if we could post some at home minimal equipment routines that an actual man might be caught dead doing. Here is another one of mine. (BTW, if anyone knows any back exercises that don't require equipment and don't suck, please post them.)

https://rumble.com/vrpw14-home-workout-2.html
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Home workouts for men

Post by gsjackson »

So how do you assess the results of your fast at this point? You look like you're at a pretty good weight.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 3:42 pm
So how do you assess the results of your fast at this point? You look like you're at a pretty good weight.
I guess I'm not in terrible shape for my age, but I'm determined to get rid of the fat on my midsection and make the muscles pop out, so two or three more two week fasts will be necessary.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here's another workout. I find starting with full body exercises that get you into oxygen debt to be a really efficient way of improving aerobic fitness. Just doing this kind of thing some mornings while leading an otherwise sedentary lifestyle has caused me to be the fittest I've been in over 10 years.

https://rumble.com/vstxuy-home-workout-4.html
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

No-one else has any workout suggestions or workouts? That's disappointing given the stupidity of most workouts out there. I think I have made good progress with minimal equipment and high reps. I'm arguably better off without a gym.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here's another workout. Similar theme.

https://rumble.com/vt7wdi-home-workout-5.html
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Cornfed wrote:
January 24th, 2022, 5:18 pm

What kg for ketles

chairs one can hurt shoulders

do top dog leg musle ever need use heavy barbel squatings
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
December 31st, 2021, 12:02 pm
but it would be good if we could post some at home minimal equipment routines that an actual man might be caught dead doing.
I'd rather have an exercise routine that I would __not___ be caught dead doing. I don't mind a strenuous workout if it brings results, but I do not want it to kill me.

I am around a gym I got a great deal on that is fairly complete twice a week. I try to lift weights, and when it isn't too cold, walk/run on some other days in my neighborhood.

For the past few weeks, the gym has been crowded though. I've asked the people that work there when the New Year's Resolution crowd is going to leave. One of them says it's usually busy until Valentine's Day. Maybe that's when some of them just give up on having a boyfriend/girlfriend, decide they will be alone forever, never marry, and just give up on working out.

I suggested they put up a sign that says, "If you want to camp, go to the park. Rotate machines and work another muscle group instead of camping out on a machine." It's frustrating in a crowded gym when someone uses a machine you want and sits there more than 30 seconds for a rest. If people would get up and work muscle groups, I could get weight lifting done fast.

I had weights at one point, got rid of them when I moved across the Pacific, and did the same again. I probably should go get some, maybe the kind that you can remove weight from them at the click of a button without having the rotate that thing.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Spencer wrote:
January 25th, 2022, 1:02 pm
Cornfed wrote:
January 24th, 2022, 5:18 pm

What kg for ketles

chairs one can hurt shoulders

do top dog leg musle ever need use heavy barbel squatings
The weights are only 12kg, necessitating the high reps, but that's OK because high reps seem to be good for various reasons. A heavy barbell would be handy, but maybe is not really necessary because it can lead to injury and you can build up legs with very high reps, which makes sense given what legs are for. Cyclists tend to have good legs.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I've heard also a few places that the dips through a full range of motion can hurt the shoulders. I do them with a machine at about a third to half range of motion.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I have a little back trouble after some incidents in the wildfire disasters in the PNW (excess lifting was required in a hurry), and am going to be trying to do this regularly and see how it works.
I saw Mercola and this gent here Goodman demonstrating this a few years ago, and apparently it has helped a lot of people overcome chronic back pain.

Ah, I think TPTB cancelled a lot of Mercola's stuff because of too much truth-telling about Covid and vaccines, but someone re-uploaded the whole thing to their own YT channel:

My back is not that !@#$ed up yet, but I've noticed the obvious that you older guys already know all too well: As your 30's start ticking up there and heading toward your 40's, recovery from injuries is just not working the same way as in your 20's, 8).
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Here's the best home workout, "Goin' for 40", LOL :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Interesting. I'll look up foundation training.