How much medicine is legit?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

How much medicine is legit?

Post by Cornfed »

What percentage of medical practice actually helps people now and what percentage of doctors aren't just thieving, murdering ghouls? Probably not much. The covaids hoax is the motherload of thieving and murdering, but it is just the latest instance. Think of all the suffering inflicted by the quacks with high carb diets and opioid addiction, all the baby killing, now all the child tranny mutilation, the HIV/AIDS hoax etc. And what about their daily practice? Some boomer comes to them complaining that after being a tradesman for 50 years his joints hurt. Do they tell him that's normal and to go home? Of course not. They will claim it might be this or that malady and run tests over and over again, draining taxpayers and the boomer's descendants, until the boomer dies.

When sanity is restored, there should be Nuremberg-style trials followed by the phased replacement of the current horror show with real medical treatment and the execution of most current so-called medical professionals.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How much medicine is legit?

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 5:59 am
When sanity is restored, there should be Nuremberg-style trials followed by the phased replacement of the current horror show with real medical treatment and the execution of most current so-called medical professionals.
You mean when tyranny is restored...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 11:39 am
Cornfed wrote:
Restoring a medical system that turns sick people back into well people and bringing sadistic quack butchers to justice is "tyranny" now?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Let the insanity continue. This shit is fun to watch and laugh at. Let America burn to the ground. BURN THAT SHIT TO THE GROUND.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kangarunner wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 1:04 pm
Let the insanity continue. This shit is fun to watch and laugh at. Let America burn to the ground. BURN THAT SHIT TO THE GROUND.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice to have a medical system you could actually trust?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Cornfed wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 1:09 pm
Yeah, but wouldn't it be nice to have a medical system you could actually trust?
In which country are you talking about this being done? It will NEVER happen in America simply because Americans are the most dishonorable people in the world. You wouldn't trust a two-faced snake would you?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

kangarunner wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 1:16 pm
Cornfed wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 1:09 pm
In which country are you talking about this being done? It will NEVER happen in America simply because Americans are the most dishonorable people in the world. You wouldn't trust a two-faced snake would you?
But if you really made an example by torturing and executing the current quacks and then really emphasized that medicine was only for those interested in curing sick people, as opposed to murdering people in various ways and such like, then things might improve a bit. It would pe worth a try anyway.
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

More scientific illiteracy :roll:
Why the f**k would doctors try to kill ppl
You sound like paranoid loonies
Bet you take painkillers like paracetamol tho and then bitch about doctors who f***ing dragged us thru the pandemic
Reading this kind of shit really pisses me off fella
:evil:
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
What percentage of medical practice actually helps people now and what percentage [deleted rant]
is useless or harmful?

Good question in the revised form, without the ranting. It is widely accepted that western medical practice had overall negative impact until sometime in the late 19th or early 20th century. Prior to that, doctors and hospitals were more dangerous than self treatment. Nosocomial infections was big thing in the 19th century.

Currently, medical industry does an excellent job on trauma and some acute illnesses. For example, doctors do an excellent job cleaning and stitching cuts, setting broken bones, extracting objects that children swallow or stuff up their nose, etc. Note that preceding are problems that can be clearly visualized. Vaccines is another area where modern medicine has worked wonders. Polio, smallpox, diphtheria, etc are not to be scoffed at. Finally, public health (clean water, killing mosquitoes, etc) has probably had the biggest positive impact of all.

When it comes to systemic diseases (heart disease, cancer, arthritis and other joint problems, etc), it isn't clear that modern medicine does much good. Yes, intervention clearly helps with these systemic problems in some cases, but in other cases the intervention is clearly useless or even makes things worse. Note that most of the money in modern medicine is in this realm of dubious value. There simply isn't that much bodily trauma in life, whereas there is heart disease and joint problems everywhere, especially in the very old. Everyone gets old and sickly and eventually dies. If doctors try to prevent all deaths from old age, they can be sure of infinite work, thus infinite revenue. The medical industry figured this out long ago.

I would estimate that at least 80% of medical dollars go towards useless or harmful interventions. Just a wild ass guess however. @HouseMD might want to chime in.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 11:43 am
publicduende wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 11:39 am
Cornfed wrote:
Restoring a medical system that turns sick people back into well people and bringing sadistic quack butchers to justice is "tyranny" now?
I was being sarcastic. I meant "sanity" won't be restored.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Shemp wrote:
November 28th, 2022, 7:46 pm
Cornfed wrote:
What percentage of medical practice actually helps people now and what percentage [deleted rant]
is useless or harmful?

Good question in the revised form, without the ranting. It is widely accepted that western medical practice had overall negative impact until sometime in the late 19th or early 20th century. Prior to that, doctors and hospitals were more dangerous than self treatment. Nosocomial infections was big thing in the 19th century.

Currently, medical industry does an excellent job on trauma and some acute illnesses. For example, doctors do an excellent job cleaning and stitching cuts, setting broken bones, extracting objects that children swallow or stuff up their nose, etc. Note that preceding are problems that can be clearly visualized. Vaccines is another area where modern medicine has worked wonders. Polio, smallpox, diphtheria, etc are not to be scoffed at. Finally, public health (clean water, killing mosquitoes, etc) has probably had the biggest positive impact of all.

When it comes to systemic diseases (heart disease, cancer, arthritis and other joint problems, etc), it isn't clear that modern medicine does much good. Yes, intervention clearly helps with these systemic problems in some cases, but in other cases the intervention is clearly useless or even makes things worse. Note that most of the money in modern medicine is in this realm of dubious value. There simply isn't that much bodily trauma in life, whereas there is heart disease and joint problems everywhere, especially in the very old. Everyone gets old and sickly and eventually dies. If doctors try to prevent all deaths from old age, they can be sure of infinite work, thus infinite revenue. The medical industry figured this out long ago.

I would estimate that at least 80% of medical dollars go towards useless or harmful interventions. Just a wild ass guess however. @HouseMD might want to chime in.
I missed this tag. About a third of money goes to insurers and admin. Of the care that remains, well... Depends on the field. Most of the time genetic medicines can be had for pennies a pill that do the job well enough, but people get sold the newer, fancier pills that are 5% better and 5,000% more expensive (often literally). Most disease is a result of poor lifestyle and life choices, and would be completely averted if people all didn't smoke, didn't drink, ate balanced diets, exercised, and had healthy social lives. Eventually hypertension or diabetes would still hit some people, with heart disease and strokes to follow, but it would be a fraction of what we see today. There's a lot of procedures that are of dubious benefit, such as back surgeries that leave 1/3 of people improved, 1/3 worse off, and 1/3 the same as when they started. The majority of mental illness is caused by society and substance use.

If you cut out the waste and all drugs were generic, healthcare would probably cost 1/2 or even less what it does today. If we had a healthy population, it would probably cut costs in another half, and a healthy society another half still. So in an ideal world, pulling numbers out of my rear, I would imagine health care would optimally cost 1/8th of what it does now.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

HouseMD wrote:
June 7th, 2023, 5:30 pm
If you cut out the waste and all drugs were generic, healthcare would probably cost 1/2 or even less what it does today.
How about cutting out all the fatties as well?

America is McDonalds country. Forget about mental health stats. It's probably 80% of the population with mental health problems.

Have you seen most American nurses.... They're full on single mom nutjobs.

I literally feel sick whenever I think about American women. I think seeing so many fatties causes mental illness in men.

They LIED. People DIED. Doctors got PAID.

We need a more forward-thinking public healthcare system similar to Belgium or UK.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

kangarunner wrote:
June 7th, 2023, 5:44 pm
HouseMD wrote:
If you cut out the waste and all drugs were generic, healthcare would probably cost 1/2 or even less what it does today.
How about cutting out all the fatties as well?

America is McDonalds country. Forget about mental health stats. It's probably 80% of the population with mental health problems.

Have you seen most American nurses.... They're full on single mom nutjobs.

I literally feel sick whenever I think about American women. I think seeing so many fatties causes mental illness in men.

They LIED. People DIED. Doctors got PAID.

We need a more forward-thinking public healthcare system similar to Belgium or UK.
That's the second half of my post- lifestyle
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

HouseMD wrote:
Shemp wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
is useless or harmful?

I missed this tag. About a third of money goes to insurers and admin. Of the care that remains, well... Depends on the field. Most of the time genetic medicines can be had for pennies a pill that do the job well enough, but people get sold the newer, fancier pills that are 5% better and 5,000% more expensive (often literally). Most disease is a result of poor lifestyle and life choices, and would be completely averted if people all didn't smoke, didn't drink, ate balanced diets, exercised, and had healthy social lives. Eventually hypertension or diabetes would still hit some people, with heart disease and strokes to follow, but it would be a fraction of what we see today. There's a lot of procedures that are of dubious benefit, such as back surgeries that leave 1/3 of people improved, 1/3 worse off, and 1/3 the same as when they started. The majority of mental illness is caused by society and substance use.

If you cut out the waste and all drugs were generic, healthcare would probably cost 1/2 or even less what it does today. If we had a healthy population, it would probably cut costs in another half, and a healthy society another half still. So in an ideal world, pulling numbers out of my rear, I would imagine health care would optimally cost 1/8th of what it does now.
I listened to an Alan Watts podcast recently where he talked about how we place too much importance on administration and keeping things filed etc. It was a good lecture. If I can find it again I'll post it here for you.

I think healthcare should be free whichever country you are from. It should be a basic human right along with the right to a property and a livable income.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 7th, 2023, 11:27 pm
HouseMD wrote:
Shemp wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
is useless or harmful?

I listened to an Alan Watts podcast recently where he talked about how we place too much importance on administration and keeping things filed etc. It was a good lecture. If I can find it again I'll post it here for you.

I think healthcare should be free whichever country you are from. It should be a basic human right along with the right to a property and a livable income.
I'm a big believer in universal healthcare and someone that hates pharmaceutical companies and insurers. The vast majority of admin isn't filing stuff, it's endless middle managers that make almost as much as doctors for doing nothing. The same thing has happened in education, where administration growth has exploded while teacher growth has stagnated.

To give you an idea of the problem of administrative costs, admin is 30% of healthcare costs. Every single physician's salary adds up to about 10%. The average health care inflation rate is about 5%. People want to pay doctors less, so let's say you cut our salaries in half- inflation would eat that in a year. Pay us nothing, 2 years. And much of that inflation is drug costs and admin (physician reimbursement rates have lagged inflation since the 90s), which combine to 48% of all healthcare costs. If you want some cuts, that's the meat