Anti-Anxiety Medication

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Anti-Anxiety Medication

Post by kangarunner »

Anyone here have experience with medication that calms anxiety / mental calming? I've been googling for medication and there seems to be to many to choose from. I just want to have a mind free from bad thoughts and nervousness and just feel very calm. If anyone on here has experience with this sort of medication I would greatly appreciate any advice.

https://www.healthline.com/health/anxiety-drugs

"Benzodiazepines are sedatives that can help relax your muscles and calm your mind. They work by increasing the effects of certain neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that relay messages between your brain cells."

"Benzodiazepines help treat many kinds of anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder. Examples of these drugs include:"

alprazolam (Xanax)
chlordiazepoxide (Librium)
clonazepam (Klonopin)
diazepam (Valium)
lorazepam (Ativan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Anti-Anxiety Medication

Post by kangarunner »

It shows how f***ed up the people are on this forum that no one would reply to this post to help another member out....LOL :lol:

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

To tell you the truth, dude, I'm not a big fan of that kind of medication. I know how pills can mess people up even more.

I took Amitriptyline for anxiety and sleep problems for about 6 months or so and I was more or less fine on that. Amitriptyline is an old-school tricyclic antidepressant but it also has a sedating effect and is sometimes prescribed for anxiety.

I have a friend who takes low doses of a certain benzo (I think it's diazepam) for his anxiety attacks. He says that it helps him relax.

I've microdosed on psilocybin mushrooms for anxiety. Whenever I was going out to a social event, I'd take a few microdoses first and then become super relaxed.

You could look into psychedelics such as psilocybin to help you with your anxiety and maladaptive mindset. @Pixel--Dude, @Tsar and I have all experienced the effects of shrooms for therapeutic purposes.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

When I was little, my dad told me I should only take medicine if I absolutely need it, including stuff like aspirin. That's how he treats medicine. He's in his mid-80's. A lot of older people take a medicine, then another to deal with the side effects of that one, then one for the ED caused by the other medicine, and another to deal with the liver problems caused by that other medicine.

My dad let the doctor talk him into taking one thyroid pill, but I think he's stopped even that. He's energetic, goes all over the place and does what he wants. I asked him what it is like being his age. Does he feel sore, tired, no energy. No, he feels pretty normal. I had an uncle who was like that until he got into his 90's, then went blind, his wife died, then he started getting feeble and eventually passed away.

I try to avoid medicine unless I need it, too. I take some vitamin and health supplements, like vitamin D in the wintertime especially. I drink coffee or tea if I'm sleepy.

These artificial drugs, made from manipulating motor oil molecules and stuff like that, are typically unnatural, and can have all kinds of side effects. It's best to stay away from them.

Ashwaghanda is an herb that is supposed to calm you down. I forget what I was taking it for at one point. It didn't produce altered states of consciousness like a 'drug', and I wasn't stressed, so I don't know if it helped. I read it is supposed to be calming. I've heard that about camomile tea, I think. Running or lifting weights can help you calm down, too after it's over.

What I do if I get stressed is pray. I might work out hard, too.
GerardButler
Freshman Poster

Post by GerardButler »

kangarunner wrote:
March 16th, 2023, 7:18 pm
It shows how f***ed up the people are on this forum that no one would reply to this post to help another member out....LOL :lol:
Blah, you're not a member my group. But I'll help you out anyway, what you really need is probiotics + choline. You have the wrong bacteria that induces extremely high levels of anxiety present in the intestines, usually as result after antibiotics. A nasty infection during gestation can also induce the bacteria out of balance issue and cause the severe type of anxiety... all indicating lack of energy to buffer the immune activity and lack of b-vitamins (usually from bacteria in the intestine, so also indicating a bacteria imbalance). A healthy body repairs damage at the same rate of damage being done. It repairs it as long as there is enough protein/amino acids resources, with enough glutamine to handle the production process and energy byproducts. These drugs just stimulate the brain tissue to produce neurotransmitters, which it might be low due to how much it’s more concerned with fighting an infection... or they block the transmitters that are overpresent due to an infection. The brain is just a drug balance that supports and is somewhere between motivation and energy conservation and health... add in the dimensional analysis of time for those and yeah you have a good model for interpreting patterns, aka intelligence.

It took these people **8*** years to catch on to what I was saying about autism.

Now they ARE saying they're on the autism spectrum. it’s problematic to discuss in limited detail without the science to explain the systemic problems that build up and what supports them but I'm pretty much guaranteed a Nobel Prize 8)
I am an absolute visionary and a philosopher king :wink:
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

GerardButler wrote:
March 16th, 2023, 10:15 pm
Blah, you're not a member my group. But I'll help you out anyway, what you really need is probiotics + choline. You have the wrong bacteria that induces extremely high levels of anxiety present in the intestines, usually as result after antibiotics. A nasty infection during gestation can also induce the bacteria out of balance issue and cause the severe type of anxiety... all indicating lack of energy to buffer the immune activity and lack of b-vitamins (usually from bacteria in the intestine, so also indicating a bacteria imbalance). A healthy body repairs damage at the same rate of damage being done. It repairs it as long as there is enough protein/amino acids resources, with enough glutamine to handle the production process and energy byproducts. These drugs just stimulate the brain tissue to produce neurotransmitters, which it might be low due to how much it’s more concerned with fighting an infection... or they block the transmitters that are overpresent due to an infection. The brain is just a drug balance that supports and is somewhere between motivation and energy conservation and health... add in the dimensional analysis of time for those and yeah you have a good model for interpreting patterns, aka intelligence.

It took these people **8*** years to catch on to what I was saying about autism.

Now they ARE saying they're on the autism spectrum. it’s problematic to discuss in limited detail without the science to explain the systemic problems that build up and what supports them but I'm pretty much guaranteed a Nobel Prize 8)
Thank you for this great answer. IQ Level 1000.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
March 16th, 2023, 7:42 pm
To tell you the truth, dude, I'm not a big fan of that kind of medication. I know how pills can mess people up even more.

I took Amitriptyline for anxiety and sleep problems for about 6 months or so and I was more or less fine on that. Amitriptyline is an old-school tricyclic antidepressant but it also has a sedating effect and is sometimes prescribed for anxiety.

I have a friend who takes low doses of a certain benzo (I think it's diazepam) for his anxiety attacks. He says that it helps him relax.

I've microdosed on psilocybin mushrooms for anxiety. Whenever I was going out to a social event, I'd take a few microdoses first and then become super relaxed.

You could look into psychedelics such as psilocybin to help you with your anxiety and maladaptive mindset. @Pixel--Dude, @Tsar and I have all experienced the effects of shrooms for therapeutic purposes.
I will look into this more. Thank you friend.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrMan wrote:
March 16th, 2023, 8:49 pm
Ashwaghanda is an herb that is supposed to calm you down. I forget what I was taking it for at one point. It didn't produce altered states of consciousness like a 'drug', and I wasn't stressed, so I don't know if it helped. I read it is supposed to be calming. I've heard that about camomile tea, I think. Running or lifting weights can help you calm down, too after it's over.
I've also read GABA has a similar effect. Thanks.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Anxiety is caused by B1,B9 or B12 vitamin deficiency. You need to be on a fat soluble form of vitamins to get good results.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Taco wrote:
March 17th, 2023, 1:31 am
Anxiety is caused by B1,B9 or B12 vitamin deficiency. You need to be on a fat soluble form of vitamins to get good results.
I was watching a video about B2, B6, and B12 yesterday that some versions of it sold are the chemical your body has to convert, not the type ready to use, and the guy recommended the type that was the body was ready to use.

Not sure about the relationship between anxiety and vitamins. There might be some relationship, but I think experientially, we should all realize that it has something to do with our state of mind. You can allow yourself to worry and get stressed if you go that route.
dl7
Freshman Poster

Post by dl7 »

I work In the medical field. I do not recommend benzodiazepines at all. I'd talk to your primary care physician.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

https://nypost.com/2023/04/16/psychedel ... y-retreat/

I just read about this Ketamine therapy. I wonder if I can get that here in Colombia. I just want to have a brief escape from the thoughts in my mind into a dreamworld.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

kangarunner wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 10:06 am
https://nypost.com/2023/04/16/psychedel ... y-retreat/

I just read about this Ketamine therapy. I wonder if I can get that here in Colombia. I just want to have a brief escape from the thoughts in my mind into a dreamworld.
If you are in Colombia, you could go to an ayahausca ceremony.
dancilley
Freshman Poster

Post by dancilley »

Don't do it. There are reasons you are anxious that are within your control to change. Doing drugs will only cause you to become dependent on them, addicted, while not solving the problem.

First of all, if you are single and alone and do not talk to your neighbors or people around you, you will naturally be anxious because you do not have a tribe of people around you to protect you.

Second, if you are around violent people, or if you are afraid that violence may be perpetrated upon you, you will naturally be anxious. Therefore, you need to move into a better location.

Third, like people said above, if you are eating a nutrient-poor diet, that could contribute to it, and if you eat a lot of sugar, that could exacerbate anxiety. Drinking a lot of caffeine could cause it. Eating fruits and vegetables that are very fresh does make a difference. Being in a garden, or being in nature in general, is important.

Fourth, if you have a food sensitivity, that could be the main cause. Gluten causes the cells of the intestine to separate, causing leaky gut. This supposedly causes a condition known as "HPA-axis" dysregulation. Your hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenals all operate abnormally, causing anxiety, because too much adrenaline or epinephrine or whatever is output into the system. Other foods could have an allergic effect on the body, meaning, the immune system attacks the protein in the food, and this causes inflammation, which causes the HPA-axis condition also. Also, inflammation burns up tryptophan, and tryptophan is needed to make serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin is "the happiness neurotransmitter" and melatonin induces sleep. So, if you have inflammation, that will cause you to feel depressed, unhappy, and have insomnia. So, one or more foods may be causing inflammation for you. Also, another possibility is, the folic acid that is added to refined wheat and rice may be harmful for you; many people are a carrier of the MTFHR gene variation which can mess you up (you would need to avoid eating foods which have synthetic folic acid added).

Fifth, as someone said above, probiotics may be beneficial. If you have taken antibiotics in your life, you have killed off good bacteria. Good bacteria produce serotonin and dopamine. Therefore, if you take probiotics, you will feel happier and more motivated. If you drink chlorinated tap water, you are killing off your bacteria. If you eat regular, non-organic wheat, corn, oats, etc., you are also ingesting glyphosate, the herbicide that supposedly is a patented antibiotic.

Sixth, if you watch TV, internet videos, the news, etc., that will definitely cause anxiety because they are always talking about the possibility of nuclear war, global warming, transgenderism, etc. and there are so many ads which keep you feeling inadequate, and all the good-looking and successful content creators will lower your serotonin, because you will be comparing yourself to them and how many subscribers they have, etc.

Seventh, if you attract a good female and harmoniously interact with her and make love with her, that will dramatically lower your anxiety. You may feel that your anxiety is 100% gone while you are with her. @Winston said that being in the Philippines "is like a massage to your soul 24/7," so when you have a lot of happy people and females with whom you are harmonious around you, that will make a big difference.

Eighth, getting good sleep is important. Falling asleep before midnight is important. Using the internet at home is directly the cause of staying up past bedtime.

Ninth, getting at least a decent amount of exercise and sunlight every day is important. Staying home all day and not exercising will lower your mood dramatically.

Tenth, if your financial situation is not strong, you will feel anxious. If you are unemployed, in debt, etc. that is significant. If you are employed and have savings, and have no debt, that will reduce anxiety.
JOIN MY BRAND NEW FREE SPEECH FORUM EMPHASIZING PURE VIRGIN MARRIAGE: https://dancilley.great-site.net/forum

X/Twitter: https://x.com/DanCilleyLTBLP

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@DanCilley
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

dancilley wrote:
April 18th, 2023, 9:14 pm
Don't do it. There are reasons you are anxious that are within your control to change. Doing drugs will only cause you to become dependent on them, addicted, while not solving the problem.

First of all, if you are single and alone and do not talk to your neighbors or people around you, you will naturally be anxious because you do not have a tribe of people around you to protect you.

Second, if you are around violent people, or if you are afraid that violence may be perpetrated upon you, you will naturally be anxious. Therefore, you need to move into a better location.

Third, like people said above, if you are eating a nutrient-poor diet, that could contribute to it, and if you eat a lot of sugar, that could exacerbate anxiety. Drinking a lot of caffeine could cause it. Eating fruits and vegetables that are very fresh does make a difference. Being in a garden, or being in nature in general, is important.

Fourth, if you have a food sensitivity, that could be the main cause. Gluten causes the cells of the intestine to separate, causing leaky gut. This supposedly causes a condition known as "HPA-axis" dysregulation. Your hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenals all operate abnormally, causing anxiety, because too much adrenaline or epinephrine or whatever is output into the system. Other foods could have an allergic effect on the body, meaning, the immune system attacks the protein in the food, and this causes inflammation, which causes the HPA-axis condition also. Also, inflammation burns up tryptophan, and tryptophan is needed to make serotonin and melatonin. Serotonin is "the happiness neurotransmitter" and melatonin induces sleep. So, if you have inflammation, that will cause you to feel depressed, unhappy, and have insomnia. So, one or more foods may be causing inflammation for you. Also, another possibility is, the folic acid that is added to refined wheat and rice may be harmful for you; many people are a carrier of the MTFHR gene variation which can mess you up (you would need to avoid eating foods which have synthetic folic acid added).

Fifth, as someone said above, probiotics may be beneficial. If you have taken antibiotics in your life, you have killed off good bacteria. Good bacteria produce serotonin and dopamine. Therefore, if you take probiotics, you will feel happier and more motivated. If you drink chlorinated tap water, you are killing off your bacteria. If you eat regular, non-organic wheat, corn, oats, etc., you are also ingesting glyphosate, the herbicide that supposedly is a patented antibiotic.

Sixth, if you watch TV, internet videos, the news, etc., that will definitely cause anxiety because they are always talking about the possibility of nuclear war, global warming, transgenderism, etc. and there are so many ads which keep you feeling inadequate, and all the good-looking and successful content creators will lower your serotonin, because you will be comparing yourself to them and how many subscribers they have, etc.

Seventh, if you attract a good female and harmoniously interact with her and make love with her, that will dramatically lower your anxiety. You may feel that your anxiety is 100% gone while you are with her. @Winston said that being in the Philippines "is like a massage to your soul 24/7," so when you have a lot of happy people and females with whom you are harmonious around you, that will make a big difference.

Eighth, getting good sleep is important. Falling asleep before midnight is important. Using the internet at home is directly the cause of staying up past bedtime.

Ninth, getting at least a decent amount of exercise and sunlight every day is important. Staying home all day and not exercising will lower your mood dramatically.

Tenth, if your financial situation is not strong, you will feel anxious. If you are unemployed, in debt, etc. that is significant. If you are employed and have savings, and have no debt, that will reduce anxiety.
@dancilley EPIC answer! A lot of good knowledge. Thank you sir.