Beautiful Silent Films About Earth Out of Balance, World Cultures, Nature

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Beautiful Silent Films About Earth Out of Balance, World Cultures, Nature

Post by Winston »

Here are some amazing artistic silent films with no dialogue about how out of balance our life is and how mechanized and artificial society has become, and the toll its taken on us. They are considered masterpieces and speak for themselves. Very meaningful and worth watching. I'm not going to embed them below because you should watch them on a full screen at the links below.

Koyaanisqatsi (1982) - Shows the madness and mechanization of industrial society and the toll its taken on us. Filmed within the US. Considered a masterpiece. "Koyaanisqatsi" is a Hopi Indian word that means "life out of balance".

http://vimeo.com/41224179

Baraka (1992) - Spectacular scenes from many different countries and cultures showing natural life vs. industrial and the toll its taken on us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-nPGPT9Fc&wide

Powaqqatsi (1988) - An exploration of technologically developing nations and the effect the transition to Western-style modernization has had on them.

http://vimeo.com/41224705

Naqoyqatsi (2002) - A visual montage portrait of our contemporary world dominated by globalized technology and violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnPY8kYuDo&wide

Home (2009) - This one has dialogue, but contains breathtaking scenes. With aerial footage from 54 countries, Home is a depiction of how the Earth's problems are all interlinked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU&wide

Earthlings (2005) - This disturbing documentary film is guaranteed to turn anyone into a vegetarian! Using hidden cameras and never-before-seen footage, EARTHLINGS chronicles the day-to-day practices of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19eBAfUFK3E&wide
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the trailer for "Samsara (2011)". It is the sequel to the silent masterpiece Baraka (1992) by Ron Fricke. "Samsara" is a Sanskrit word that refers to the cycle of birth, life, death, and rebirth. This is a silent masterpiece that shows the cycle of human existence on earth in all its forms and the impermanent transient nature of all things.

You can see the full film by buying it on Amazon.com or getting it from a torrent site. I just saw it and it was quite amazing and profound.

Wikipedia synopsis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsara_(2011_film)

Synopsis

The official website describes the film, "Expanding on the themes they developed in Baraka (1992) and Chronos (1985), Samsara explores the wonders of our world from the mundane to the miraculous, looking into the unfathomable reaches of man’s spirituality and the human experience. Neither a traditional documentary nor a travelogue, Samsara takes the form of a nonverbal, guided meditation."[3]

IMDB info:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770802/

Official website for Baraka and Samsara, which contains ordering info:
http://barakasamsara.com

* Also available on Amazon.com.

Note: Baraka can be viewed in its entirety on YouTube at the link in the previous post above.

Ron Fricke also made an Imax film called "Chronos", which you can see on YouTube at:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Beautiful Silent Films About Earth Out of Balance, World Cultures, Nature

Post by Winston »

New silent film with beautiful music and exotic people and scenes from all over the world.

HUMAN's Musics - A film by Yann Arthus-Bertrand / Composed by Armand Amar

"I am deeply taken with traditional music, it moves me, it connects you to emotion.

The idea with HUMAN was to create songs that would reflect the same emotion generated by the interviews. I wanted things to open up, to open up one’s heart, to let the sadness be without any restraint. HUMAN has been one of these rare moments in my life as a film composer during which I could express all these different cultures at the same time : either working on minimalist songs or meeting with these singers and musicians coming from all around the world. Which note did I first produce ? I had more like a global vision in mind, an atmosphere that would merge into the film and that would bring people together, this was my starting point. The part I created for the Mongolian sequence might be the best summary of the atmosphere I wanted the film to have.

Yann has given me a particular role as a film composer that is very diffrent from the one other directors usually give me. There is a strong friendship between us, an intimate relationship. He’s generous. You follow him because of his fantastic instinct, I can advise on the artistic process being in a way the first audience."

Armand Amard, composer of the HUMAN music.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Apparently, that Humans film is about making you feel sorry for poor people all over the world. I posted this comment under it, which might offend liberals.

"what is this film trying to do? make you feel sorry for poor people? how is that gonna help? like the hindus say, everyone has their karma from their past lives. you can't fix it for them. they gotta fix it themselves. it's not in your power to change the world. how is feeling sorry for people gonna change anything? it's not in our power to change the world. only the global elite have the power to do that."

Me correcting a typical liberal:

Adrian Sava
8 months ago
Watching this movie I don't see religion, politics, race, things that makes us hate, envy, despise, destroy... I see beauty, love, hope, life, a great diversity of human beings. Thank you for creating such an amazing story of the world.

Happier Abroad - Expat Living and Dating Overseas
38 seconds ago
you got it wrong. it's not religion and race. those things are natural to humans. the problem is the global elite that enslave the world economically in an oppressive control system. it's natural for humans to be religious or spiritual, they always have. and it's natural to celebrate racial diversity and respect other cultures. we are not all the same. don't try to pretend to be color blind. the racial issues in the media are manufactured to distract you. in real life most people don't care about race and never talk about it. it's the system that is oppressive. not us.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just added this comment too:

I've lived in the Philippines for many years and have something to share with you. Sorry if this is a bit taboo. But poor people are not all good, kind, and innocent like you all seem to assume. I've noticed that most poor Filipinos do not have a virtuous innocent vibe. They would never return a lost wallet for example with all the cash in it. They sort of have a dark vibe in terms of bad karma, as if their soul or aura matches their poverty. It's hard to explain. So perhaps they were born poor because their aura matches the poverty vibe? And like attracts like. So just like the afterlife, you go where you resonate and vibe with the most. So most poor people in the Philippines have a poor person's frequency and energy. They don't have angst about it as if they are somewhere they don't belong, they act like they accept their place and know their place and are living out their karma, not like they are in the wrong place. There's no inner angst about it. They seem to be at one with their predicament.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To anyone who likes big cities, like Rock, and looks down on anyone outside the city, like Christians did when they called all country dwellers "Pagans" during the Middle Ages, which is very cult like and judgmental and unnatural.

You need to see this masterpiece film with no words or narration or dialogue, only time lapse videos that beautifully and poetically illustrate how life on earth is out of balance, especially in big cities, and how big cities are ultimate failures that turn people into robots and bums, and plunder mother Earth, which is a conscious living organism (See Gaia hypothesis). It is very enlightening. Every hippie loves this film. There are three of them. This is the first one. The two sequels are Baraka and Samsara.

Koyaanisqatsi (1982)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085809/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Storyline
This experimental film looks at the world and more specifically the effect man has had on the landscape and the environment. Without narration, the film shows the world in a pristine condition and untouched: blue skies, beautiful landscapes and endless vistas. The man-made world is much less appealing. Essentially a montage using a variety of film techniques to provide a visually stunning montage of images.