Ali vs. Bruce Lee - Who would win and why

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

ROCK nailed it.

LEEs greatest feat was never competing....it creates the aura of invincibility since nobody can claim beating him.

granted...he was a bad-ass, but he never proved it.

i think a funny fight would of been bruce lee and george forearm! poor bruce wouldve broke a foot or wrist every time he landed a punch on forearms unguarded barrel belly!
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

onezero4u wrote:ROCK nailed it.

LEEs greatest feat was never competing....it creates the aura of invincibility since nobody can claim beating him.

granted...he was a bad-ass, but he never proved it.

i think a funny fight would of been bruce lee and george forearm! poor bruce wouldve broke a foot or wrist every time he landed a punch on forearms unguarded barrel belly!
Well maybe, but people can also use that against him and say that he never really proved himself. Lee's excuse was that tournament fighting had too many rules that real fighting didn't have. Yet I don't get why he couldn't have just adapted his skills to fighting within the rules? Didn't he say that one should be like water and adapt? Why couldn't he adapt to tournament rules then? It didn't make much sense.

He did get in street brawls though, and it is claimed that no one could beat him. One person in Thailand claimed to have filmed one of Bruce Lee's challenger fights as it happened, during the making of "The Big Boss", but ended up destroying the tape for some reason. Go figure.

I can't imagine that happening today, that while you're making a movie, someone comes up and wants to challenge you in front of all the actors and production crew. Sounds like something that would only happen in the movies. People today are too polite to do that. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is odbo's interesting take on why Bruce Lee had to be "taken out".
I don't know the reason for the sacrifice but positive people are always torn down. Bruce Lee got people interested in Asia and the eastern arts. Remember the Anglosphere was very racist and very much against spirituality at that time. Here's a good video to watch on that even though he doesn't mention how the hippie movement was totally controlled http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8f9DoPZ0TU

Bruce Lee inspired me more than any other celebrity and that was like 35 years after he died. Imagine if he had lived just another year... his film Enter the Dragon hadn't even come out yet!

He was a FREE THINKER and pushed individuality.

He got people to think. Not like Muhammad Ali, parroting some political perspective. He spoke from the heart. People could tell the difference. He got people into martial arts. Unlike other sports which push competition versus another group and thus activate the reptilian mind and put you in a lower consciousness, martial arts push you to explore yourself and thus bring you to a higher consciousness.

Bruce Lee did a hell of a lot more than most people! He didn't just observe problems like some famous writers, he got people to change.

When you realize how much he did, is it any wonder he was killed?
In another forum, I read that Bruce Lee had discovered some energy that allowed him to transcend his body and mind, and was about to teach it to the world and awaken the masses. Celebrities are not allowed to do that. So they had to get rid of him, as what he taught would have become a huge threat.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne