New show on ABC, Pan Am

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

New show on ABC, Pan Am

Post by zboy1 »

Hey everyone, I suggest anyone interested in the 60s, international travel, and the aviation industry watch the new show on ABC, Pan Am. I just saw pilot episode on Sunday, and I highly recommend it. This show brings backs lot of memories for me as a child flying on Pan Am in the 80s. It's a pretty classy and glamorous show, surprising since there is so much filth and garbage on T.V. nowadays. The women also act very feminine in it and are not afraid to show it. Also, the style is very reminiscent of Catch Me if You Can, which also dealt with Pan Am and the aviation industry. Here is an intro clip on Youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAkej0zQ ... re=related[/youtube]
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Wait until the wannabe coffee-tea-or-me's realize that a pilot now earns about $20,000/year.
Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Post by Greetercb »

The Pan Am T.V. Program is My Very Own Paradise on Earth. It is a total Drag that Our
Domestic Airlines. ( Delta,American, United etc.) is not that way anymore. Thanks to both Deragulations The ACLU Etc.

Also if I were to run my very own Commercial Airline then I,d Run it just like The Way Pan Am on
T.V. Used To. :cry:
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Greetercb wrote:The Pan Am T.V. Program is My Very Own Paradise on Earth. It is a total Drag that Our
Domestic Airlines. ( Delta,American, United etc.) is not that way anymore. Thanks to both Deragulations The ACLU Etc.

Also if I were to run my very own Commercial Airline then I,d Run it just like The Way Pan Am on
T.V. Used To. :cry:
If you run an Airline today in the U.S. like Pan Am used too, you would get sued faster than you can say lawsuit by all the feminists, minorities, and anyone else you can imagine. That's why all the best airlines are International: Emirates (Middle East), Kingfisher (India), Singapore, Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong), etc.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

The last few times I flew on a U.S. airline I didn't see even a single hot stewardess. They were all aging, grumpy looking, and cold.