Any of you fans of Western or Wild West Movies too?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
buddy77
Freshman Poster

Nobody mentioned

Post by buddy77 »

The Wild Bunch? Or how about a hidden gem called
," The Professionals" (with Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster)?

I enjoy that both have the undertone about loyalty and friendship. Yet they both have violent gunfights.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:Sergio Leones 1969 film " Once Upon a Time in the West " is considered by many to be his masterpiece. It was a film where Henry Fonda played a bad guy and that was the first and last time.

I think they should do a remake starring Mr. Wu.
I just saw it, at your suggestion. It was weird. There was little dialogue so I was not clear what was going on and what each character's intention was. The music score was great though. And it included Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda, which are great actors. But I think Henry Fonda was miscast because he looks nothing like a bad guy. He looks way too kind. Charles Bronson acts like he has no desire for women or romance. lol

I think "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" was far better. I also recommend "The Outlaw Josey Wales" starring Clint Eastwood. It has great scenery in it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, "Once Upon a Time in the West" has an incredible music score that's beautiful, epic and moving. Listen to it below. It really moves my soul. Too bad it was used on such a strange movie.

Btw, the full movie is up on YouTube now.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Western movie classics

Post by Winston »

If anyone likes "The Big Valley" western series, the first two seasons are up on YouTube now. Here is the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j_G1Ii ... DGF68RLIqd

I like the characters, but the plots are kind of predictable and full of cliches.

Here is the intro to the series. As you can see, in the early 60's, Americans looked more wholesome, natural, and good-natured. Not cold, robotic, and jaded like they do today.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Western Movies

Post by Winston »

Check out this great 1995 Western movie called "The Quick and the Dead" starring Gene Hackman, Sharon Stone, Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. It's about a quick draw competition where the loser gets killed, held by a tyrant who is unbeatable, and a revenge plot by Sharon Stone's character. It has an incredible sound track theme too, one of the best Western themes, and is very entertaining even if it's a bit cliched.

The Quick and the Dead (1995), Full movie:

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

There is that famous movie by Jodorowsky: "El Topo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjKcuh8pZtE
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is supposed to be one of the greatest Western epics of all time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056085/

How the West Was Won (1962)

A family saga covering several decades of Westward expansion in the nineteenth century--including the Gold Rush, the Civil War, and the building of the railroads.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is interesting. It's like Dances with Wolves, but with a white woman falling in love with an Indian man.

Cheyenne Warrior (1994)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109408/

As war is brewing between the Union and the Confederacy, Matthew and Rebecca are travelling west to start a new life in Oregon. Along the way, they stop at a remote trading post, where they meet up with some Cheyenne Indians. Though the Cheyenne are friendly toward the pioneers, Matthew doesn't like them and warns a group of hunters that hostile Indians are preparing for an attack. In the confrontation that results, only Rebecca and a single wounded Cheyenne warrior named Hawk are left alive. As the winter closes in, and the two are forced to rely on each other for survival, they begin to understand and even feel affection for each other.

Full movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30uekCLdZk

This one looks really good too.

I Will Fight No More Forever (1975)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073138/

Re-enactment of the story of Chief Joseph of the Nez Percé Indians, who lived in the beautiful Wallowa Valley of Idaho and Oregon. In 1877, President Grant opened the Valley to white settlement, and the Nez Percé were given 30 days in which to move to the Lapwai Reservation. The government sent the one-armed soldier-chief, General Oliver Otis Howard, to clear all Nez Percé out of Wallowa Valley. Chief Joseph, in a succession of shrewd military actions, outmaneuvered ten pursuing units of the U.S. Army until his outnumbered band -- sick, starving, and tired -- finally surrendered after a 1700-mile, 108-day fighting retreat. On October 8, 1877, Chief Joseph made his noble speech, "from where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:Btw, "Once Upon a Time in the West" has an incredible music score that's beautiful, epic and moving. Listen to it below. It really moves my soul. Too bad it was used on such a strange movie.

Btw, the full movie is up on YouTube now.

Sorry I never got back with you Winston, thanks for taking the movie in. It is considered by many directors to have a style of photography that captures something's like no other film made. Some people and directors consider Sergio the finest director ever because how much patience and attention he had to little details.

The guy who did the Kill Bill series says " The Good The Bad and The Ugly " is the finest direction job ever caught on film, Qinten whatever his name is.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Two great movies about great American Indian leaders.

Geronimo: The Untold Story (1993) - Full movie

About the legendary Indian war hero and leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgrG8kZjWo

Tecumseh: The Last Warrior (1995) - Full movie

About the great Indian leader who tried to unite all Native tribes in a federation against American expansion, and almost succeeded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So1eeVr-NxA

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I have to agree that once I watched Sergio's stuff everything else pales to me in comparison, by the way I still think Tuco would have taken Bruce Lee.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another great Clint Eastwood Western. The beginning has a spooky eerie background sound.

High Plains Drifter (1973)

A gunfighting stranger comes to the small settlement of Lago and is hired to bring the townsfolk together in an attempt to hold off three outlaws who are on their way.

Full movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8IjJGHM8CU

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Im watching a western movie called Wyatt Earp now, starring kevin costner as Wyatt Earp.

Im wondering, how come western films arent as popular anymore? Real men like them. They appeal to real men because they embodied and epitomized the true masculine spirit, drive, ambition and sense of adventure and conquest. Why dont modern men like that anymore? In the 50s, 60s and 70s they were so popular with genuine old fashioned men. You know what i mean?

Why am i one of the few men left who love westerns and feel that they identify with my spirit?

Also in western films the ladies usually are very feminine and lady like and vulnerable, needing the protection of a man. They act like real ladies, the kind that real men wanna marry. So the kind of women in them are ideal as well.

Also how come chinese people are never into westerns? Why am i the only chinese person thats into them?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is the great classic Western theme to "The Magnificent Seven", one of Ghost's favorite Western films. Doesn't it have that western tune to it? lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTjegVjb9Y[/youtube]

Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Winston wrote:Im watching a western movie called Wyatt Earp now, starring kevin costner as Wyatt Earp.

Im wondering, how come western films arent as popular anymore? Real men like them. They appeal to real men because they embodied and epitomized the true masculine spirit, drive, ambition and sense of adventure and conquest. Why dont modern men like that anymore? In the 50s, 60s and 70s they were so popular with genuine old fashioned men. You know what i mean?

Why am i one of the few men left who love westerns and feel that they identify with my spirit?

Also in western films the ladies usually are very feminine and lady like and vulnerable, needing the protection of a man. They act like real ladies, the kind that real men wanna marry. So the kind of women in them are ideal as well.

Also how come chinese people are never into westerns? Why am i the only chinese person thats into them?
Wyatt Earp is the story of a law man protecting the "civilized" town against the out of control and wild cowboys. It is not really a Western. It is more of a roughly factual historical cop drama.
The Magnificent Seven is just a copy of the Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa. That story also is not about adventure and conquest it is about protecting some villagers. Aren't most of Clint Eastwood's "Westerns" also about a lone jaded or tainted "hero" who wacks the "bad" guys and saves the downtrodden or town folk? In those movies the villagers or towns folk were in a subservient role to the heroes. It is not like that anymore. City folk are the powerful ones now. They betrayed, robbed and killed off all their true kings, heroes, and Gods. Now the greedy city folk are on their own against the cowboys, demons, devils, fascist pigs, bandits...whatever. btw Isn't the Chinese movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon kind of a Chinese Western. I think it was popular.
Maybe you like the these kinds of movies because you want to be a hero or are dreaming of one. Personally, I think Westerns are stupid. Who the fck wants to live with nothing? No women, no sex, no good food, no comforts. My ancestors worked so hard to create something first in Europe and then in Canada. But it turns out that if you work or create it just gets stolen by thieves and their traitorous dog men. The result of that is the creators stop creating that which they create be it material wealth and that which is life. A world of nothing.