Any good movies with Happier Abroad themes?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any good movies with Happier Abroad themes?

Post by Winston »

Saint Jack. A 1979 movie about a guy who in 1970s Singapore tried to run a brothel there. Lol.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hey Winston, the 2003 comedy/adventure called "Kangaroo Jack" is a good film with a happier abroad theme. This movie starring Jerry O' Connell (plays as Charlie Carbone) and Anthony Anderson ( as Louis Booker) is about these two guys being sent on an errand by New York mob boss (who is played by Christopher Walken) to deliver an envelop to a contact by the name of Mr. Smith (Mark Csokas) in Australian Outback.
However, it's not long when these two arrive there they get into an accident with a kangaroo who they later nicknamed "Jack". Then thinking the animal is dead they decide to pose a picture with it having put a red jacket on it (which contains the envelop). Little did they know the kangaroo was still alive and manages to get away from them having the envelop. And after some failed attempts to capture the kangaroo, two guys enlist the help of a ranch hand named Jessie (Estella Warren) who came to Australia originally as an American college exchange student but who decided to call this country home.
Then as all three being to look for the kangaroo, both the contact and mob representative "Frankie" (Michael Shannon) track them down. However, they manage to get away from them and catch up to kangaroo Jack. And eventually when catching the creature they discover that the money in the envelope was to pay for a "hit" on Mr. Carbone and Booker themselves. In the end Frankie is caught by the police and all three (Charlie, Louis, and Jesse) start a very successful business with the money found in the envelop and live happily ever in Sydney, Australia.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
August 30th, 2020, 10:05 pm
Saint Jack. A 1979 movie about a guy who in 1970s Singapore tried to run a brothel there. Lol.

Just saw Saint Jack. It sucked. Nothing was ever explained or discussed. Why the lazy scriptwriting as if no script existed at all? No one asked what was going on. And when the british man passed out and died, they just gave up on him and didn't even call an ambulance. Wtf? In real life they would have at least called an ambulance to try to resuscitate him.

I hate it when a film leaves many basic questions and explains nothing. Its like youre supposed to read their minds or something. Weird. The women werent even that sexy. Kind of sucked.

So Singapore was dangerous and lawless and violent in 1979? Never knew that.

That guy who plays Jack looks Jewish though and was in my favorite war film "The Bridge at Remagen". Ben Gazzara is his name. Love his face. His face is very distinguished and leaves an impression.

The Jews must have a natural talent for acting and filmmaking, in addition to being good at business and finance and trade.

Why doesnt Donald Trump just let his jewish friends handle the trade deficit and trade deals with china? They should be the masters at such things.

Lol imagine if the top Chinese business leaders in China met up with the top Jewish business execs and financiers in America to negotiate a trade deal, and both sides tried to get the upper hand in the deal on each other. Lol.

That would be a dream team matchup, like a war of the gods or battle of legends or an all star sports matchup. Lol. Like Bruce Lee vs Muhammad Ali. Or Bobby Fischer vs Gary Kasparov. Lol. The top sharks vs the other top sharks. That would be so rad. Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Not sure if this could be considered a HA themed film, but here is a weird movie about a good looking American girl in Tokyo who teaches English in the day and has sexual escapades with random Japanese men at night. Kinda strange. Only for certain tastes. Here's the trailer.

Lost Girls and Love Hotels (2020)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0920462/?ref_=vp_back

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/lost-girls-and-love-hotels-2020

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Winston wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 5:33 am
Not sure if this could be considered a HA themed film, but here is a weird movie about a good looking American girl in Tokyo who teaches English in the day and has sexual escapades with random Japanese men at night. Kinda strange. Only for certain tastes. Here's the trailer.

Lost Girls and Love Hotels (2020)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0920462/?ref_=vp_back

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/lost-girls-and-love-hotels-2020
Wow thank wiseton and whatbout the babel movie also some time in japan and also the lost translation get so so so elding look bul murry almost scores with the young hi status young scarelet jonson
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh you saw those too? Babel was good movie. Very realistic. But the concurrent plots in them were not happy scenarios. So i cant say they are HA themed. Lost in translation was so boring. They just sat around with no expression. It was pointless. Anyone can just sit around with a blank stare like that. Why didnt they go make use of Tokyo and explore around?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Not any movies that I know of.

But there's the hit reality TV series 90-Day Fiancé which features American men/women and their foreign fiancés. You can find lots of clips on YouTube.

We should start a new thread on that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 1:36 pm
Not any movies that I know of.

But there's the hit reality TV series 90-Day Fiancé which features American men/women and their foreign fiancés. You can find lots of clips on YouTube.

We should start a new thread on that.
Theres a lot of HA films that are mentioned in this thread. See above. We do have threads on the 90 day fiancee series from years ago. Several of them. Just search for it.

Welcome back falcon. We missed you.

Btw @Falcon here is a movie for Falcons. LOL

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3532278/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Brothers of the Wind (2015)

Storyline
In a world where it takes courage to fly, a young boy nurtures a baby eagle into adulthood. Searching for their place in the world, they bond over their desire to be free.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New Netflix series about an American girl in Paris. It's full of cliches and stereotypes and every French guy is hot and hits on the American girl character. lol. Yeah right. Obviously caters to AW.

Emily in Paris
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8962124/?ref_=tt_mv_close

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A Happier Abroad related movie worth checking out. Starring Harrison Ford. A man uproots his family to Central America to build a utopia. Trailer below.

The Mosquito Coast (1986)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091557/?ref_=vp_back

An inventor spurns his city life and moves his family into the jungles of Central America to make a utopia.

New TV series with same theme. But this one involves a family of fugitives.

The Mosquito Coast (2021)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11041132/? ... ims_tt_t_3

An idealist uproots his family and moves them to Latin America.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Happier Abroad movie about two old men in America going to Iceland and partying with young people and young women and having a good time and getting a lot of attention from the locals. It looks interesting and shows a lot of beautiful scenes from Iceland. Are Iceland women really this friendly and open? See trailer below.

Land Ho! (2014)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3283556/?ref_=vp_back

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Dating in Iceland. I guess you could call the women "friendly and open." To the nth degree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ScHDSB4xA&t=353s
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw check this out. There was a HA Beatles song that said that Ukrainian girls were better than Western girls. It was called "Back in the USSR". See the lyrics below.

https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/the-be ... n-the-ussr

"Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout"

You can listen to it here: