Any of you like Medieval & Renaissance Music or Gregorian Chant?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you like Medieval & Renaissance Music or Gregorian Chant?

Post by Winston »

Am I the only one who likes Medieval, Renaissance or Classical music? I don't know anyone else who does. The music from those eras seem so soulful, refined and artistic. Modern music is so trashy and degenerate in comparison. How come ancient people had such better taste in music?

Check out this great collection of lute music from the Renaissance.

I also like Gregorian Chants of medieval Catholic monks. It sounds so holy and spiritual. I resonate with it. Maybe because I had a lot of past lives as a Christian during the Middle Ages. Here are some Gregorian Chant pieces.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

I like classical music very much. Some Medieval music is enjoyable too, but I tend not to listen to it.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I kind of like it as well.

Check out the Medieval Babes, they were popular for a while, and they're quite relaxing to listen to. Also they're hot.

And Dead Can Dance have a few medieval inspired albums, I saw them in concert in NYC back in 2005.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

On the first one now. Pleasant to listen to next to a fountain, viewing art.... A little dreary to work by unless I'm already in the "zone".

My favorite to get myself working is Baroque or Viennese Waltz.

Still, good thread, keep it going!

Concentration is money.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Those are some of the genres that I like.

Saltarello and Schiarazula Marazula are two of my favorites. The first time I heard those two songs where when I found the versions by Numius on Soundclick.

The above video has a lot of good medieval music.

I also like the folk music by Blackmore's Night.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Any of you like Renaissance, Medieval or Classical Music

Post by Jackal »

Winston wrote:Am I the only one who likes Renaissance, Medieval or Classical music?
No, most of us seem to be cut from the same cloth here! lol I like Baroque music, especially Bach.

I think you would enjoy Paul Galbraith's albums:

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Bump, bump, bump.

Still on the 1st Tibetan one.

Sonorous, soulful, sweet.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a great two hours of Baroque music called "The Best of Baroque" which contains a lot of masterpieces.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you enjoy classical music, please support the artists by attending your local (paid) performances.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:If you enjoy classical music, please support the artists by attending your local (paid) performances.
How can we do that? The artists referred to in this thread lived during the Medieval and Renaissance periods. LOL. Did you read the title of this thread? LOL

I don't know any modern classical composers. They may be ok. But the ones I listen to lived a long time ago too. lol

Instead of seeking concerts of musicians you like, why not just buy their music on Amazon or their websites? That would be a lot easier and more convenient.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:If you enjoy classical music, please support the artists by attending your local (paid) performances.
How can we do that? The artists referred to in this thread lived during the Medieval and Renaissance periods. LOL. Did you read the title of this thread? LOL

I don't know any modern classical composers. They may be ok. But the ones I listen to lived a long time ago too. lol
Instead of seeking concerts of musicians you like, why not just buy their music on Amazon or their websites? That would be a lot easier and more convenient.

Your thread said "Renaissance, Medieval or Classical".

There are many live classical performances by artists who are keeping the music alive, and composers like Marcel Grandjany wrote good harp pieces in the 20th century.

To a connoisseur, a CD or MP3 is really not the same as attending a live performance.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well I listen to classical composers of the past. Not the modern ones. lol

Btw, I forgot to fire one off to you Momopi. lol I was gonna say this:

Well I'd be glad to help support Bach, Beethoven or Mozart, if they were alive that is...

Hahaha. I just had to get that one in. lol

Btw, speaking of musical geniuses, I have another history question for you.

Why did the greatest classical composers like Beethoven, Bach, or Mozart all die poor and unappreciated? Why didn't they become wealthy in their lifetime? Why do they all have the same pattern? Why were they only legendized after they died? It seems like a pity.

Why didn't they just hold concerts everyday and make lots of money from it?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

1 Hour of Medieval Instrumental Music - Medieval Life

Tracklist

0:00 – Black Wolf’s Inn
4:16 – Wild Boar’s Inn
8:01 – Red Dragon’s Inn
12:19 – Seaside Tavern
16:12 – Two Moon’s Inn
18:41 – Court Minstrel
22:05 – Castle Bard
26:05 – English Bard
27:40 – Cobblestone Village
31:59 – Timber Town
35:33 – Blacksmith’s Forge
39:01 – Darkwood Forest
43:00 – Medieval Faire
47:07 – King’s Banquet
50:09 – Mountain Storm
53:43 – Black Stone Keep
57:18 – Magical Journey

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

1 Hour of Medieval Music - Medieval Times

Tracklist

0:00 – Brown Fox Inn
3:43 – The Innkeeper
7:10 – Sword in the Stone
10:36 – Royal Castle
13:51 – Queen Guinevere
17:21 – Medieval Princess
20:31 – The Chancellor
23:46 – Sir Galahad
27:04 – Kitchen Hearth
30:26 – Lantern's Lodge
33:59 – Forester's Hut
37:23 – Troubadour
40:39 – Court Jester
43:46 – Medieval Festival
47:04 – Young Squire
50:18 – Knights of the Realm
53:47 – Dark Dungeon
57:15 – The Black Knight
1:00:21 – Lady Morgana
1:03:41 – Medieval Castle
1:07:14 – Monks of the Monastery
1:10:28 – Castle of Ruins

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

1 Hour of Medieval and Fantasy Inn Music

Tracklist

0:00 – Black Wolf's Inn
4:17 – Wild Boar's Inn
8:01 – Hooded Rogue Inn
11:30 – Brown Fox Inn
15:13 – Sir Gawain's Inn
18:50 – Warrior's Heart Inn
22:10 – Red Dragon's Inn
26:28 – Seaside Tavern
30:21 – The Captain's Inn
33:52 – Pirate Tavern
37:19 – Viking Tavern
40:39 – Two Moons Inn
43:08 – Ninja Star Inn
46:08 – Leprechaun's Inn
49:06 – Frostblade Inn
52:24 – Forest Imps Inn
56:08 – Dark Elves Inn
59:19 – Goblin King's Tavern
1:02:46 – Dwarf Lord's Tavern