List of common movie cliches and tropes that are ridiculous, dumb and nonsensical

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: List of common movie cliches and tropes that are ridiculous, dumb and nonsensical

Post by Winston »

Two more stupid movie cliches I noticed.

1. Why is it that when someone runs out of bullets and their enemy is still approaching, they throw the empty gun at them? lol. What good does that do? Nothing usually. Yet they always do that in movies. Isn't it smarter to keep the empty gun until you can find more bullets? At least that gives you a fighting chance. There's no point in throwing it at someone which doesn't even harm them. Stupid.

2. How come when a creepy or spooky sudden sound is heard in a horror film, the person hearing it is always holding a glass or plate and has to drop it and shatter it and spill the contents onto the floor? That makes no sense. In real life, if I heard a spooky sound that scared me, I'd freeze up for a while, but I would never drop a glass or plate and shatter it. That's totally unnecessary. I can easily put down the glass or plate while in a state of shock and deal with the noise later. No reason to drop it and create a mess for someone to clean up. Stupid and illogical.

Likewise, in a romance comedy, when a character hears shocking news or a shocking secret, he or she also usually drops and shatters the glass or plate they are holding. Again, unnecessary. I can be shocked yet put my plate or glass down without shattering it. Why do movies always show this? It's not that entertaining to see people drop and shatter plates and glasses. It's too common and cliche that it's become predictable. Why don't they do something new? So dumb.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne