Cool Electronic Synthwave, Retrowave Music

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cool Electronic Synthwave, Retrowave Music

Post by jamesbond »

I just found this song on YouTube recently, it came out in 2017 and it's got a nice retro feel to it. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Midnight - River of Darkness

Post by jamesbond »

Here is the same song made into a music video about what a guy goes through after a break up with his girfriend. :(

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

The Midnight are great, but FM-84 is even better in my opinion.
Saw them in concert in Vancouver in May 2019 and they were awesome.
2016's Atlas is my favorite modern synthwave album.
Can't wait for a new album!
Check it out:

https://fm84.bandcamp.com/album/atlas
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 10:58 pm
The Midnight are great, but FM-84 is even better in my opinion.
Saw them in concert in Vancouver in May 2019 and they were awesome.
2016's Atlas is my favorite modern synthwave album.
Can't wait for a new album!
Check it out:

https://fm84.bandcamp.com/album/atlas

I like that kind of music, it's got a nice synthwave retro feel to it. I am going to check out those other synthwave bands you mentioned, if they are anything like 'The Midnight' I am going to love them. :D

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

FM-84 is the best modern synthwave I've heard yet.
The EP's and singles they have are great too but Atlas is stunning.
The reviews for it are stellar.
I bought CD's at the concert and got them autographed.
Sold one for $70, so it paid for the concert and both CD's.

The song "Let's Talk" is a cover of a song by Timecop1983 from 2015.
It's better than the original.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Last edited by HappyGuy on June 14th, 2020, 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HappyGuy wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 11:22 pm

I like that, it's got the Chicago skyline in the background.

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I'm going to The Midnight concert with a friend on November 12th at The Commodore in Vancouver!
I'm really excited because I have become a huge fan after the 2020 Monsters album and my favourite song Dance With Somebody.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow those images and gifs above look like something from Tron or Bladerunner. You guys would love those films.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The Midnight - River of Darkness (Retro Wavesynth)

Post by Winston »

Another cool Retro Synthwave great.

ORAX - The City of Tomorrow

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Cool Retro Synthwave Electronic Music

Post by Winston »

Check out this really cool synthwave track called "By the Sea" by AntiKateX. It sounds very cool and helps you to space out. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check these out. They look like something from Tron or Blade Runner. Really cool and rad.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF8erWTYGWs

Cottard
4 years ago
I envy all of You who lived their 20s/30s in the 1980s in USA. Must have been awesome! ...

Lake Nipissing
2 years ago
Even better time to be a teenager!! 1980s were the high school years!!

Happier Abroad - Expat Living and Dating Overseas
1 minute ago (edited)
not really. the people were very shallow and pretentious. fake in other words. the 70s were better, more down to earth and still had soul. the 60s was the last decade with soul in america. see the movie "my dinner with andre" where they talk about this. if you watch the music videos of the 80s vs the 70s you will notice this difference.

40 seconds ago (edited)
@Lake Nipissing not if you had no real friends and everyone shunned you for no reason, like you were a fish out of water. it was harder to be a loner in the 80s because you had no internet to play with or smart phone. all you had if you had no social life were daytime soap operas. very depressing. nowadays it's a lot easier to be a loner.

1 second ago
also you could be the most outgoing and social person in the world, but in america if no social clique accepts you, you are screwed and forced to be a loner even though you are very social and friendly. it's not true that outgoing people have more friends in america. if people are hostile and unfriendly toward you, it doesn't matter how social you are. it's a myth that being social gets you more friends. didn't even work in the 80s. sad but true.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

In case anyone is wondering what Synthwave is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthwave

"Synthwave (also called outrun, retrowave, or futuresynth[5]) is an electronic music microgenre that is based predominantly on the music associated with action, science-fiction, and horror film soundtracks of the 1980s.[2] Other influences are drawn from that decade's art and video games.[3] Synthwave musicians often espouse nostalgia for 1980s culture and attempt to capture the era's atmosphere and celebrate it.[9]

The genre developed in the mid-to late 2000s through French house producers, as well as younger artists who were inspired by the 2002 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Other reference points included composers John Carpenter, Jean-Michel Jarre, Vangelis (especially his score for the 1982 film Blade Runner), and Tangerine Dream. Synthwave reached wider popularity after being featured in the soundtracks of the 2011 film Drive (which included some of the genre's best-known songs) and the 2010s Netflix series Stranger Things."

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Check out this retro synthwave electronic song! :D