How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:53 pm
Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Btw is there a reason older men are still attractive and interesting to see on screen but older women are not? I mean is there a scientific logical reason?
The obvious reason is that females can only bear healthy children up to a certain age and so they evolve to become ugly before that age so we don't waste our time on them.
Corny you are such a pig, no wonder you have had such trouble reproducing piglets...
Time to Hide!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Post by jamesbond »

Cornfed wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Because men age like wine and women age like milk.

I first heard that quote from Tom Leykis, it's funny but it's also very true! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
tiagomoncada
Freshman Poster

Post by tiagomoncada »

Winston wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:07 pm
Have you guys noticed something? There is one advantage men have in show biz over women. Older male stars and actors who turn old or elderly still get plenty of good roles in movies. Like Michael Caine or Morgan Freeman or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart for example, if they can work and withstand the production schedule and are in good enough health to do so that is.

But older women do not. For example, Sophia Loren or Audrey Hepburn didn't get roles once they became older. Once women get old they get depressed and go downhill and become ignored and lonely. That happened to Gone With the Wind star Vivian Leigh too.

Once female stars become a "has been" they have nothing left it seems. Yet when they were young they didn't appreciate their stardom and talk about preferring to raise kids instead. Weird. That happened to Natalie Wood. When she was a star, she felt unfulfilled and preferred to be a mother and have a normal home life raising kids. Then when she became in her 40's, she regretted it and missed being a star again. Funny how that is. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Before Natalie Wood died in a weird drowning accident, she was getting depressed about this because her fame was on its way out and she couldn't bear it, so she even tried suicide once by overdosing on pills, but failed and she was revived in the hospital. So you gotta wonder if when she drowned she subconsciously wanted to commit suicide since she tried it before. Plus it seemed she was destined to die in the water because her mom was told by psychics that she would drown in water someday. It seemed to be fated. And she had a phobia of dark water too.

Also Natalie Wood said that Marilyn Monroe told her before she died that she was on the way out, even at 36, and was getting depressed and hysterical about it. Maybe thats why Marilyn suicided, if she did that is.

How come feminists don't complain about this "injustice" where older men are still attractive and charming but older women are not? They probably have somewhere I'd imagine.
they keep throwing christine amanpour in our faces though despite her old age