How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Post by Winston »

Have you guys noticed something? There is one advantage men have in show biz over women. Older male stars and actors who turn old or elderly still get plenty of good roles in movies. Like Michael Caine or Morgan Freeman or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or Patrick Stewart for example, if they can work and withstand the production schedule and are in good enough health to do so that is.

But older women do not. For example, Sophia Loren or Audrey Hepburn didn't get roles once they became older. Once women get old they get depressed and go downhill and become ignored and lonely. That happened to Gone With the Wind star Vivian Leigh too.

Once female stars become a "has been" they have nothing left it seems. Yet when they were young they didn't appreciate their stardom and talk about preferring to raise kids instead. Weird. That happened to Natalie Wood. When she was a star, she felt unfulfilled and preferred to be a mother and have a normal home life raising kids. Then when she became in her 40's, she regretted it and missed being a star again. Funny how that is. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Before Natalie Wood died in a weird drowning accident, she was getting depressed about this because her fame was on its way out and she couldn't bear it, so she even tried suicide once by overdosing on pills, but failed and she was revived in the hospital. So you gotta wonder if when she drowned she subconsciously wanted to commit suicide since she tried it before. Plus it seemed she was destined to die in the water because her mom was told by psychics that she would drown in water someday. It seemed to be fated. And she had a phobia of dark water too.

Also Natalie Wood said that Marilyn Monroe told her before she died that she was on the way out, even at 36, and was getting depressed and hysterical about it. Maybe thats why Marilyn suicided, if she did that is.

How come feminists don't complain about this "injustice" where older men are still attractive and charming but older women are not? They probably have somewhere I'd imagine.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Clint Eastwood & Charles Bronson - REAL MEN in action movies!

Post by Moretorque »

This is why women need families to stay happy as they age, society today is a mess.... Women do seem to become bitter and hard as they age. Being a women is not easy and men are dealt a better deck....

This is one reason men should respect women more but I do not agree with them being such a privileged class as they have become because of big GOV...
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But dont forget women have more fun and attention and an easy life and extra help and more likes on Facebook when they're YOUNG. Thats not fair to men, as we all know. Why dont feminists mention that? Why are they full of double standards? Why dont they want equality when it doesn't benefit them?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Moretorque wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 12:11 am
Being a women is not easy and men are dealt a better deck....
:?

Looks like feminism has claimed another victim ladies and gentlemen

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Apparently women have a shorter shelf life than men. At least in the movie business. Why don't feminists complain about that? Lol. They probably have no power to change that.

Even Harrison Ford still gets good movie roles today and in the last 10 or 15 years too. Lol. But older women stars are forgotten. Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Re: How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Post by Winston »

One thing you guys should keep in mind if u think women have it better. Even though young women seem to have an easy life with lots of benefits and fun and attention (especially if they are attractive) the thing is they have a void and emptiness that we dont have. That Australian psychologist lady mentioned it in a podcast i sent out.

She said women lack the ability to feel inner strength and wholeness. Thats why they can't live alone in a mountain cabin. Or harmonize both their right and left brains to come up with new ideas or theories. That's why they have to resort to shopping and material things to fill their void, whereas men dont and only shop for useful things (or buy things to impress women of course) or things related to their hobbies.

Men dont buy things to fill a void like women do. Thats because women have an emptiness and incompleteness deep down in their psyche that men dont. Thats a difficult thing to live with.

They try to deny and suppress it of course, but its still there. Because women are not meant to be independent without a man. They are meant to supplement men and be good nurturers to their families. They're not gonna be the first to go outside and challenge an enemy or threat in the middle of the night. Or run out on a battlefield.

So keep that in mind next time you envy a young womans life because she looks like she has more fun and attention and favors and has it easy. That may be true but she also has an emptiness and incompleteness and inability to be create new ideas and inventions, which makes her feel weak and handicapped deep down. If she tries to compensate for it she ends up looking like a she-beast and unnatural.

And of course, women have a shorter shelf life too. Once theyre old theyre ignored and useless unless theyre rich. Especially in show biz and the movie business. So she knows her beauty and benefits have an expiration date. And also older men are still considered attractive and charismatic, but older women arent.

I think deep down women know this but dont wanna admit it. That's why they envy men and think men have it better. No matter how many benefits they get they still look dissatisfied and discontent and insecure. (Unless they have a rich spiritual life like shirley maclaine of course) Thats why when stars like marilyn monroe had everything she was still unhappy and depressed.

Women lack something men have. And they know it. Thats one reason they hate us. Its hard to explain what it is but that's the gist of it.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: How come older male actors still get good movie roles but older female actors don't?

Post by Winston »

Also how come stars like Tom Hanks still get good movie roles no matter how old he gets? Lol. But older women do not? Lol. Isnt that unfair to women? Arent you guys angry and outraged by that? Arent you gonna protest and boycott Hollywood in the name of equality for women? Lol jk.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Theres one exception though. Nicole Kidman still gets good movie roles. But man she still looks young and hot and sexy for her age. How does she do that? Does she have some youth serum? Lol.

Julia Roberts still does too. But not so much anymore. Thank goodness. I hated Julia Roberts. She was way overrated and i don't like her face very much. It looks weird. Lol.

Sally Fields occasionally gets roles too but only as supporting cast. Usually as a mother or grandmother character. Not protagonist or lead.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Guys can still draw at the movies as they age, they do have a longer stale date for sure in many ways. Women are meant to be mothers and need family structure to be fulfilled as I posted and today the family unit is practically gone and they need to establish that young where as men have a much longer window on that....
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But what do women do when their kids are grown up and move out? They cant be actors. So what do they do? Enjoy their retirement? Thats if they're rich. But what if they aren't?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Because men age like wine and women age like milk.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Right. That's the explanation i was looking for. So i guess there are some benefits to being a man then. Women don't have all the benefits like America wants to give them. Btw where did that quote originate from? Isn't that quote taboo in modern America?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw is there a reason older men are still attractive and interesting to see on screen but older women are not? I mean is there a scientific logical reason?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Btw is there a reason older men are still attractive and interesting to see on screen but older women are not? I mean is there a scientific logical reason?
The obvious reason is that females can only bear healthy children up to a certain age and so they evolve to become ugly before that age so we don't waste our time on them.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Cornfed wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 11:08 pm
Thats not always true, but the way they have set the system up to where they made it profitable for women to divorce has created alot of trouble for them long term in having a long term functioning family tree.

We are all finding out now what happens when you marry the state on a world wide scale...
Time to Hide!