Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Some good horror films

Post by Winston »

This horror movie called "Choose" looks pretty good and intense.

Trailer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325723/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this new movie called "The Unholy". It looks good and the girl is gorgeous and heavenly. See the trailer below.

The Unholy (2021)

'The Unholy' follows Alice, a young hearing-impaired girl who, after a supposed visitation from the Virgin Mary, is inexplicably able to hear, speak and heal the sick. As word spreads and people from near and far flock to witness her miracles, a disgraced journalist hoping to revive his career visits the small New England town to investigate. When terrifying events begin to happen all around, he starts to question if these phenomena are the works of the Virgin Mary or something much more sinister.

Trailer:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9419056/?ref_=vp_back
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out this horror movie called "The Godsend" from 1980. It's similar to the Omen and pretty creepy. The face of the mysterious pregnant woman will give you the chills. lol

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080802/?ref_=vp_back

Storyline
An English family of six takes in a pregnant woman who disappears shortly after giving birth. They raise the baby girl as their own, but over the years the strange deaths of their children make them consider whether the little girl is more than she appears.

Trailer

Full Film:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
You will like this one too.

The Brood (1979)

The Brood is a 1979 Canadian psychological body horror film written and directed by David Cronenberg and starring Oliver Reed, Samantha Eggar, and Art Hindle. Its plot follows a man and his mentally-ill ex-wife, who has been sequestered by a psychologist known for his controversial therapy techniques. A series of brutal unsolved murders serves as the backdrop for the central narrative.

Full Film:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out this Disney horror film from 1980. It stars the beautiful angelic blonde from Ice Castles too. I didn't know Disney ever made horror movies. lol. See trailer below.

The Watcher in the Woods (1980)

Synopsis
When a normal American family moves into a beautiful old English house in a wooded area, strange, paranormal appearances befall them in this interesting twist to the well-known haunted-house tale. Their daughter Jan sees, and daughter Ellie hears, the voice of a young teenage girl who mysteriously disappeared during a total solar eclipse decades before...

Trailer:

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-watcher-in-the-woods-1980

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond,
Check this out. It looks rad.

The Unholy (1988)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745740/

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-unholy-1988

This one looks rad too. Check out the poster image. The synopsis below sounds intriguing huh?

The Windmill (2016)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2923088/

Synopsis
Jennifer is an Australian girl on the run from her past who washes up in Amsterdam. In a desperate attempt to stay one step ahead of the authorities, she joins a coach-load of tourists embarking on a tour of Holland's world famous windmills. When the bus breaks down in the middle of nowhere, she and the other tourists are forced to seek shelter in a disused shed beside a sinister windmill where, legend has it, a Devil-worshiping miller once ground the bones of locals instead of grain. As members of the group start to disappear, Jennifer learns that they all have something in common - a shared secret that seems to mark them all for doom.

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-windmill-2016

This one has a great synopsis too that sounds intriguing.

https://yts.mx/movies/last-kind-words-2012

Last Kind Words (2012)

Synopsis
17-year-old Eli has just moved with his family deep into the backwoods of Kentucky to work on the isolated farm of a local recluse. Inexplicably drawn into the strange forest that lies beyond the farm, Eli encounters the beautiful, sweet and mysterious Amanda, seemingly the perfect girl. But with the discovery of decaying bodies hanging from the trees, he realizes that the forest - and Amanda - are harboring some very dark secrets. Suddenly, Eli is living in a waking nightmare where the lines between life and death are scrawled in blood, and there is no escaping the terror from beyond the grave.

Reviewed by The_Dead_See 7 / 10

Supernatural love story, beautifully shot but a bit of a messy script

A glance at the DVD cover and blurb of "Last Kind Words" would have anyone believing they were about to watch a sort of generic teen horror movie full of gore and jump scares but that's a long way from the truth. This is a slow-burn coming of age drama and a supernatural love story. It has a haunting, almost hypnotizing southern-Gothic sensibility that's really quite beautiful.

Eli, a 17 year old boy, finds himself moving with his abusive father and meek mother to the remote farmstead of family friend Waylon - played by the ever entertaining Brad Dourif - when the father loses his job. Eli ventures into the woods that surround the farm and meets a strange, alluring young girl called Amanda. As he begins to fall for Amanda he gradually uncovers a story of past tragic events on the farmstead and a rather sad haunting in the woods that goes all the way back to the days of the Underground Railroad.

The only real downfall of this otherwise beautiful movie is a script that's a little unsure of itself and ends up feeling a tad messy and confusing in parts. The pace might bore some - it really is a slow one - but personally I think it just added to the feels. I enjoyed it a lot and for an indie, it's a very strong piece of work.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Have you seen the Hellraiser movies? If so, what did you think of them? They look very intense, graphic and gory. Too graphic and gory for my taste. I prefer spooky mysterious films that leave things to your imagination.

Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

I was a fan back in the day. Thanks for reminding me about them. Looks like a movie marathon is in order this weekend.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The best thing about Hellraiser is the immitation done by Jim Carrey as Fire Marshall Bill in the episode of classroom safety. Pretty Funny for sure...
Last edited by Moretorque on April 29th, 2021, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 11:16 pm
Winston wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 4:54 am
Btw I saw "The Entity" a few months ago. Wow. They don't make them like they used to. It was very well done. Some of the jump scenes and kill scenes were creative, original and well done. I like how they got a team of parapsychologists involved, to make it a group effort. I hate it when it's just the ghost vs one person. And the solutions they came up with for dealing with the entity were creative and intelligent.
Yes, the Entity was an excellent movie. It was very scary, almost as scary as the Exorcist. I thought Barbara Hershey did a great job playing the role of the woman who is physically attacked by the ghost. Ron Silver played her psychiatrist and also did an excellent job.

Here is a short featurette with Dr. Barry Taff examining the case of Doris Bither, the woman who repeatedly claimed to have been sexually violated by a ghost. The case would become known throughout the world as the basis for the book and feature film 'The Entity.'

Some more:

Dr. Barry Taff & Kerry Gaynor filmed at the UCLA Parapsychology Lab in the seventies, discuss the genesis of "The Entity" poltergeist case later made into a movie starring Barbara Hershey (1981). Also, they discuss the Wiseman haunting at Palos Verdes, CA & theories of what poltergeists really represent. This may be the earliest existing interviews of the two ghosthunters. Taff & Gaynor later worked as technical consultants on the movie based on their experiences at the Doris Bither home located on Braddock Street in Culver City where the phenomenon began.

In-depth look into the haunting of Doris Bither.

Reply by Dr. Barry Taff himself to the video above:

Barry Taff
1 year ago (edited)
To begin with, the image of the investigator you refer to at the end of the video is not me, but my colleague at the time, Kerry Gaynor. We never said that the phenomena we experienced at Doris's house were the result of her drinking. Also, back in 1974, there were not yet small, video cameras available to the public for their personal use. Additionally, I wouldn't put too much stock of what Doris Bither's son said during his interview by Javier Ortega. The son must have contradicted himself every other time he opened his mouth during the interview, suggesting that his memory might be somewhat impaired by his substance abuse problems. One last comment here, the primary B&W photographs of the arcs of light framing Doris and those in her room were NOT Polaroid, but from 35 mm. SLR cameras. You need to do far more in depth studying of this case in order to accurately describe what actually took place. If you want some extreme detail on the case, read chapter two "The Real Life Entity Case", or my book Aliens Above Ghosts Below: Explorations of the Unknown. You should have read my book before you posted this video. Other than these few comments, you did a fairly decent job here. Thank You. Dr. Barry E. Taff

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond
You will love this British miniseries about a true haunting in 1977.

The Enfield Haunting
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4036886/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

In August 1977, a series of bizarre and terrifying events begin to take place in a seemingly ordinary house in Enfield, North London.

Review:

decent amount of chills
11 April 2021 | by martin-fennell – See all my reviews

3 part british haunted house mini series made in 2015. Very well acted, and with a good amount of decent chills.

Based on a "true" story from the 70's. I also like that it is filmed as if it was made in the 70's. Well made for british tv.

The conjuring 2 was based on the same case.

Download link:
https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=12698844

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow this one looks very esoteric and interesting and out there. See trailer below.

The Visitor (1979)

Synopsis
John Huston stars as an intergalactic warrior who joins a cosmic Christ figure in battle against a demonic 8-year-old girl, and her pet hawk, while the fate of the universe hangs in the balance. Multi-dimensional warfare, pre-adolescent profanity and brutal avian attacks combine to transport the viewer to a state unlike anything they've experienced... somewhere between Hell and the darkest reaches of outer space.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080100/?ref_=vp_back

The soul of a young girl with telekinetic powers becomes the prize in a fight between forces of God and the Devil.

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-visitor-1979

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some Christmas horror movies with serial killer Santas. Weird plot. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some great indie horror flicks, free to watch on YouTube.

Based on Actual Events.

Samantha plays a 'Fortune Teller' at a local carnival, but she is a skeptic about the 'paranormal' and all things supernatural - she certainly doesn't believe in ghosts. But one afternoon, she performs a seance for a distraught woman that ends in unusual things happening, including an energy surge that blows out the lights and leaves Samantha with a bloody nose. From that point on, and throughout the night, strange things continue to occur. Adding to the eeriness is the fact that today (of all days) happens to be the one year anniversary of her husband, Stephen's, untimely death. Throughout the night, Samantha goes from being skeptical, to thinking she's insane, to believing there actually is a ghost, to ultimately becoming convinced that the entity is her dead husband, Stephen.

Two skeptic researchers investigate a mother's claim that an unknown presence may be trying to communicate with her seven-year-old daughter.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 6:22 am

Some more:

Dr. Barry Taff & Kerry Gaynor filmed at the UCLA Parapsychology Lab in the seventies, discuss the genesis of "The Entity" poltergeist case later made into a movie starring Barbara Hershey (1981). Also, they discuss the Wiseman haunting at Palos Verdes, CA & theories of what poltergeists really represent. This may be the earliest existing interviews of the two ghosthunters. Taff & Gaynor later worked as technical consultants on the movie based on their experiences at the Doris Bither home located on Braddock Street in Culver City where the phenomenon began.

In-depth look into the haunting of Doris Bither.

Reply by Dr. Barry Taff himself to the video above:

Barry Taff
1 year ago (edited)
To begin with, the image of the investigator you refer to at the end of the video is not me, but my colleague at the time, Kerry Gaynor. We never said that the phenomena we experienced at Doris's house were the result of her drinking. Also, back in 1974, there were not yet small, video cameras available to the public for their personal use. Additionally, I wouldn't put too much stock of what Doris Bither's son said during his interview by Javier Ortega. The son must have contradicted himself every other time he opened his mouth during the interview, suggesting that his memory might be somewhat impaired by his substance abuse problems. One last comment here, the primary B&W photographs of the arcs of light framing Doris and those in her room were NOT Polaroid, but from 35 mm. SLR cameras. You need to do far more in depth studying of this case in order to accurately describe what actually took place. If you want some extreme detail on the case, read chapter two "The Real Life Entity Case", or my book Aliens Above Ghosts Below: Explorations of the Unknown. You should have read my book before you posted this video. Other than these few comments, you did a fairly decent job here. Thank You. Dr. Barry E. Taff

I really like this paranormal case of the "Entity" there were a lot of eye witnesses and they have photographic evidence as well.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."