Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Some good horror films

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
November 28th, 2020, 11:15 pm
Berg wrote:
November 27th, 2020, 11:56 pm
I have been searching for a horror movie I don't know the name but in this movie there are Dracula and this movie is black and white.
So can anyone tell me the movie name?

The original Dracula came out in 1931 and was in black and white.
Have you seen "Dracula Untold"? I just saw it and it was pretty good. It's more of a medieval war action movie though than a horror movie. It was pretty rad.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829150/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_4

"As his kingdom is being threatened by the Turks, young prince Vlad Tepes must become a monster feared by his own people in order to obtain the power needed to protect his own family, and the families of his kingdom."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

Can you send me the link to this movie?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Berg wrote:
November 29th, 2020, 11:49 pm
Can you send me the link to this movie?
Which one are you referring to?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, this one from 1985 looks good.

House (1985)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091223/

Download link
https://yts.mx/movies/house-1985

Trailer

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, this one looks interesting. The trailer looks really creepy. You will probably like it.

Madhouse (1981)

Trailer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093468/

Download link
https://yts.mx/movies/madhouse-1981

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow guys. You will love this one. It looks so rad. The colors are so vivid! lol. See the trailer on IMDB below. It's better than the one on YouTube. The colors are so vivid, using 1960s Technicolor which looks better than what they use today.

The Love Witch (2016)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3908142/?ref_=vp_back

A modern-day witch uses spells and magic to get men to fall in love with her, in a tribute to 1960s Technicolor melodramas.

Download link
https://yts.mx/movies/the-love-witch-2016

Synopsis
Elaine, a beautiful young witch, is determined to find a man to love her. In her gothic Victorian apartment she makes spells and potions, and then picks up men and seduces them. However her spells work too well, and she ends up with a string of hapless victims. When she finally meets the man of her dreams, her desperation to be loved will drive her to the brink of insanity and murder. With a visual style that pays tribute to Technicolor thrillers of the 1970s, THE LOVE WITCH explores female fantasy and the repercussions of pathological narcissism.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 3:00 pm
Jamesbond, this one from 1985 looks good.

House (1985)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091223/

Download link
https://yts.mx/movies/house-1985

Trailer

I will have to check it out.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow i finally found the disney film i been looking for since 1980 because it contained the scariest ghost i ever seen as a child which i never forgot. I thought for years it was "legend of sleepy hollow" but nothing in any of the sleepy hollow films had the scene i remembered.

Someone on reddit was asking about it too. Today i googled "movie about ghost in flying chariot" and finally found it. Its called "darby o'gill and the little people" and stars sean connery. Its about leprecauns and is a disney movie and seems like a kid movie until the banshee appears at the end. I cant believe a kindergarten school would take me to see such a scary film or that disney in the old days would make something that scary for kids.

Heres some clips of that banshee that froze me and paralyzed me to the bone and soul. In the comments section many people said the same thing, that it was the scariest thing they ever saw too. Lol

Have u guys ever seen this? You should see it on a big screen in a dark room like i did when my kindergarten class took me to see it in the theater. I cant believe a disney film would have such a frightening scene. They never make ghosts that scary in any modern films. I wonder why.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond,
Check out this HG Wells film called "The Food of the Gods" about giant rats terrorizing a town. The giant rats look real and terrifying and cool. lol. See the trailer below.

Trailer - The Food of the Gods (1976)

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-food-of-the-gods-1976

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow Jamesbond, check out this HA horror movie about a guy who goes to Italy and finds a hot Italian girlfriend only to find out that she's a monster or werewolf. lol

@hypermak I could easily go to Italy and pick up a hot girl like this right? lol. So could you right? lol. In Italy you could easily find hot girls sitting along like in the trailer below right? lol

Trailer for Spring (2014)

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/spring-2014

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some images and gifs of the scary banshee and death stagecoach from "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" that I saw as a child that scared the dickens out of me. Can you guys imagine this banshee and stagecoach coming for you? lol

http://watchinghorrorfilmsfrombehindthe ... ogill.html
It is at this point that one of the creepiest moments in a film about leprechauns occurs, and subsequently provides sustenance for nightmares all over the Emerald Isle: a spectral banshee materialises in an ominous storm over the cliffs and slowly floats towards Katie with the intent of claiming her soul… The banshee is all eerily billowing cloak and hair, and she keeps her most likely hideous face covered by weeping sinisterly into her hands…

Up until now the film was typical Disney fair: all dancing fairies and comical town drunks, however the suddenness with which it shifts tone is alarming, with barely enough time to thrust your hands over your eyes to avoid seeing the ever advancing banshee. Forget the overrated Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, this creepy character induces enough chills to freeze the tears of a distraught 7 year old.

If that wasn’t scary enough, along comes a death coach to claim poor old Darby, who has offered to take his daughter’s place in the afterlife. Yeah, NOW he decides to take some responsibility. How touching. In traditional Irish folklore, the death coach, or cóiste-bodhar, is driven by a ‘dullahan’ (that’s headless horseman to you and I). And this is Disney! Fear not though, there is a happy ending involving Sean Connery singing 'Pretty Irish Girl.'
More on the death coach and banshee in Irish legend and folklore.

https://www.yourirish.com/folklore/deat ... -ballyduff

https://www.yourirish.com/folklore/banshees-in-ireland

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some great old BBC Ghost Story episodes by M. R. James, a great British ghost author. They are spooky without the need for any special effects. They don't make them like they used to. Many say these are scarier than modern ghost movies.

This one is supposed to be the best, called "Whistle and I'll Come To You". It's supposed to be a benchmark by which all ghost stories should be measured by. There's a 1968 version and 2010 version. See below.

1968 version

2010 version

drsigh
2 years ago
Simply dripping with atmosphere, this really is the benchmark by which every other supernatural film should be measured. And Michael Horden is wonderful.

Trance State
3 years ago
I love these, more intense,less shallow,without the blaring music of more modern productions
Here's another good one called "A Warning to the Curious" from 1972. It's supposed to have a lot of dread and atmosphere.

KillerFrank
6 months ago
For being under an hour this lovely little production produces more dread and spooky atmosphere than many feature films. I've watched this several times and it never fails to give me the chills.

JoeDnufc4life
9 months ago
This story is utterly gripping from start to finish. 1970's classic ghost film and Peter Vaughn plays the part very well. Without the special effects and sounds that you see in today's ghost shows , A warning to the curious really sends a shiver down the spine today as It did when it was first broadcast , love the chilling music and the William Ager bloke standing still in the distance really gave me the chills , also at the end when he is chasing mr paxman through the forest is also quite disturbing.
Playlist of more M. R. James ghost stories and BBC Christmas ghost stories.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 95Pb2gVf-I_

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this old spooky ghost story film I found while searching for another movie. It's from 1921 and is a hidden gem and made in Sweden. It's about a ghost carriage and ghost rider who collects souls. It's in black and white but that makes it spooky and eerie. No audio dialogue though, text and music only.

Here's a review of it by an enthusiastic horror fan.

Here's the full film on YouTube with English subtitles.

ElPajaro
Freshman Poster

Post by ElPajaro »

The Biden Presidency...

I'll show myself out.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

ElPajaro wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 4:55 pm