Why are most men in movies/TV portrayed as abusive pricks, stupid drunkards or weak pussies?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Why are most men in movies/TV portrayed as abusive pricks, stupid drunkards or weak pussies?

Post by Winston »

I'm sure you guys will agree with this one and hate it too.

Have you noticed that in most modern movies, most of the men in them, except the protagonist male, are either:

1. Mean asshole pricks who are abusive and slap people around and hit them for no reason, just so you will hate them and root against them. They especially like to hit women. It seems they are ready to become violent for any reason, even for no reason and always look on edge 24/7.

2. Stupid drunkards who act drunk all the time and have low IQ and act like total losers and dumbfucks all the time, 24/7. You wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. Some act psycho too, and have psycho eyes that make Charles Manson look normal.

3. Weak p***y men who in a crisis situation, will freeze up and cry, so that strong female characters can take charge of the situation and whip them into shape and tell them what to do in order to get through the situation. As if men are weaker than women both physically and emotionally. Yeah right.

The only decent men in movies are usually the protagonist male or hero male only. Most of the other males are one of the above. Have you noticed that? Doesn't it piss you off? I don't know any guy in real life that fits the above, so why is almost every guy in movies one of the above negative caricatures? Stupid. It's very ANTI-MALE for sure. Why does Hollywood hate men so much and have such a low opinion of them?

If any of you seen a Stephen King movie based on one of his books, you will especially see psycho men who are highly abusive and violent for no reason at all, just to make you hate them or fear them. Stephen King especially likes to portray men that way. I don't know why. Does he hate men? Why would he hate his own gender? Is he a self-hating male?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are most men in movies/TV portrayed as abusive pricks, stupid drunkards or weak pussies?

Post by Winston »

I just saw the movie Iron Man 3 and Robert Downey Jr kept apologizing to women and being a p***y. His personality is also very bland. In the old movies Clint Eastwood or Charles Bronson would never apologize to women like that. Lol

I heard women don't like a healthy balance. They either like a nice beta male who is a p***y and doormat. or a jerk and a-hole that treats people like crap. But if u are in between they despise u. Is that true?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are most men in movies/TV portrayed as abusive pricks, stupid drunkards or weak pussies?

Post by Winston »

Have any of you noticed that TV sitcoms especially like to portray men as dumb and stupid and their wives as smarter than them? Even back in the 1950s, great sitcoms like "The Honeymooners" did this. The main guy in it played by Jackie Gleason, was a fat dumb schmuck who was lucky to have a smart wife to whip him in shape and correct his blunders. It was a great show and a legendary comedy classic of course, but it portrayed men as stupid dumbfucks. So even in the 1950s when there was traditional family values, comedy shows had to portray men as dumbfucks.

Obviously because stupid men are FUNNIER than smart men, and also because everyone enjoys laughing at stupid funny people. So they always compare smart women to the stupidest men, not the smartest men. Because male IQ is on a broad spectrum from very low to very high, whereas women's IQ tends to hover in the mediocre range, because they are nurturers, not meant to be geniuses.

Then in the 1980s you had great sitcoms like Cheers, where the bar owner, Sam Malone, has an on again, off again relationship with his waitress, Diane Chambers, who is smarter than him and more intellectual and classy, making Sam look like a dumbfuck. lol

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The Honeymooners more reflected old-fashioned class snobbery, which was still around in an overt way in the '50s. Kramden and Norton were working class, ergo not too swift on the uptake. If they were able to rise to the middle-class status of, say, an insurance salesman, they acquired the gravitas of a Robert Young in Father Knows Best or Hugh Beaumont in Leave it to Beaver.

Moving on from the '50s to the '80s, Diane Chambers was meant to be ridiculed as an over-intellectualized twit with no common sense -- a remnant of the '50s sensibility. But around that time the "entertainment industry" did decide to make middle-aged white males into either heinous villains or buffoons, whose role in every plot was to submit themselves to enlightenment by women, children, negroes or the wise and witty homosexual.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah good observations gsjackson. There definitely is an agenda to make white men look like buffoons. Especially in sitcoms. The only genre where men are portrayed as intelligent is probably science fiction movies and TV shows. The white men on Star Trek for example, all talk and act intelligent and logical. lol.

Even in the movie "The Matrix" Neo is mentored and taught by Morpheus, a black man. So it's a case of the white man being enlightened about the matrix by a black man.

Also, Hollywood likes to show black guys being computer whizzes, when in reality a computer whiz is usually white. No offense to any blacks of course. I don't know why Hollywood likes to do that. Why can't it be more accurate?

Also, Hollywood likes to portray blacks as always being king, innocent, and unjustly accused, and whites as racists and liars. I'm sure @Cornfed will have a lot to say about that. Again, no offense to black people. Just saying what Hollywood likes to portray.