Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Post by kangarunner »

Has anyone seen this movie? I want to watch it. It already has great reviews and a 8 out of 10 IMDB rating. I hope to see more success for Asian Americans in Hollywood and more Asian people represented especially in leading roles in action movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Post by IraqVet2003 »

kangarunner wrote:
September 8th, 2021, 1:08 am

Has anyone seen this movie? I want to watch it. It already has great reviews and a 8 out of 10 IMDB rating. I hope to see more success for Asian Americans in Hollywood and more Asian people represented especially in leading roles in action movies.
Hey Kangarunner, I went and saw this movie last night at the Regal Cinemas theatre. It was a great movie with plenty of action scenes!!! It will worth both your money and time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Someone told me it was very good too. IMDB has a high rating for it. I guess it's not another normal CGI flick. The fight scenes are supposedly good too. Not many Western films have Asian protagonists.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw this movie yesterday. It will be entertaining for the average person. It was very amusing and creative. But the comedy and slapstick and cheap humor were a bit corny and silly. Some of the lines by that Asian female sidekick were way corny and overacting, like she was trying too hard to be funny and sarcastic. The story didn't make much sense either, but that's to be expected in a fantasy series.

Many things made no sense. Why would Shang Chi's father send men to kill him rather than capture him? They were throwing strikes at him that were designed to kill, especially the big white man with the blade arm. And how could they all wreck a bus and street in SF without being detained by the police? And why fight on the outside of a skyscraper rather than inside which is far safer? And why would Shang Chi's mom fight his dad's enemies for him? It's not her business or debt to pay. And why would gangsters wanna fight her and kill her since she was not their target and owed them nothing? A

lot of little things like that made no sense. Doesn't that annoy you guys too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Still it's great to see more movies with Asian Americans in lead roles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

kangarunner wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 11:35 pm
Still it's great to see more movies with Asian Americans in lead roles.
Yes but there was too much racist humor in that movie, as if they were making fun of Asians and Chinese subtlely. Did you notice that? They couldn't do without that. Hollywood does that, it exaggerates racist stereotypes. No one acts totally down to earth. lol

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Check this channel one played in the movie

https://www.youtube.com/user/MartialClub/videos