Professional Wrestling Thread - "It's Still Real to Me, Damnit!"

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Professional Wrestling Thread - "It's Still Real to Me, Damnit!"

Post by Lucas88 »

It's the Royal Rumble this weekend and so I think that it's the right time to make this thread.

I don't know how many wrestling fans there are on this forum. I know that @WanderingProtagonist is an old-school wrestling fan. I saw him posting again today so I'll tag him. If I remember right, @WilliamSmith also mentioned the WWF a few times including Vince McMahon's steroid scandal. William is into bodybuilding and real masculinity and so I'm sure that he's watched wrestling at least as a casual fan. I'm not sure who else I could tag.

I myself was a massive wrestling fan back in the good old days of the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras. Wrestling was my favorite form of entertainment when I was in school and I was absolutely obsessed with it. These days however I can barely stand watching contemporary wrestling shows at all. The WWE for more than a decade now has been a boring-ass-hell PC wrestling company marketed primarily for kids and without good or even believable storylines. Moreover, the new generation of talent is dominated by dweebish vanilla midgets who don't even look like real athletes at all and couldn't intimidate even a child, and the new "indie" style of wrestling with all of its silly flip monkey acrobatics and complete lack of in-ring psychology is just terrible. AEW and the various indie feds which promote that style are even worse than the current WWE.

Whenever I watch wrestling today (on rare occasions), I'm mostly interested in the old-school legends who make a return at a big PPV event or the few real men who remain in the business such as Brock Lesnar with his freakish 280lb frame, unbelievable athleticism and legitimate MMA background and the current world heavyweight champion Roman Reigns with his baddass tribal chief gimmick and his huge manly Samoan tallywhacker! I also like to watch the female wrestlers who are actually hot and entertaining such as Dana Brooke, Mandy Rose and Asuka. Conversely, I can't stand the manly female wrestlers and feminist-inspired characters who that evil SJW Stephanie McMahon has sought to promote such as "The Man" Becky Lynch, Rhea Ripley and Shayna Baszler. I'd rather WWE bring back the Barbie dolls, the bra and panty matches and the "puppies"! :lol:

In my opinion, the WWF/WWE has gradually gone downhill since the mid 2000s. Since about 2007 the product has been mostly bad.

Here is an overview of the WWF/WWE's historical eras as I see them:

Attitude Era - 1998-2001

In December 1997, Vince McMahon did his famous promo about the old tropes of pro wrestling being passé and how the WWF was no longer going to insult its audience's intelligence. In that moment he was ushering in the most popular era that the industry would ever experience. That era was the Attitude Era characterized by an edgier product and storylines like those of the reality TV of the time. The product featured larger-than-life characters such as The Rock and The Undertaker, mostly believable storylines that appealed to young adults, a more realistic wrestling style involving fast-paced brawling and impactful power moves, extreme violence, profanity, and sexual content. The main angle of the Attitude Era was undoubtedly the Austin vs. McMahon feud. During the Attitude Era, the WWF's weekly flagship show "Raw is War" was consistently getting over 10 million views. The Monday Night Wars, in which the WWF went head to head with rival company WCW, was arguably one of the most exciting times to be a wrestling fan. It was just completely off the chain!

Some wrestling purists criticize the Attitude Era for its supposed poor level of wrestling. They remember it as little more than a glorified soap opera for men. While the early AE did indeed lack on the pure wrestling talent side of things, I would argue that from early 2000 the WWF saw a massive improvement in the quality of its in-ring product with the acquisition of new technical wrestlers such as Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. Kurt Angle also had a phenomenal run that year. I personally believe that from the spring of 2000 to the spring of 2001 the AE reached its peak of maturity.

The Attitude Era came to an end at Wrestlemania X7 - undeniably a candidate for best Wrestlemania of all time - when Stone Cold Steve Austin shockingly made a deal with his arch-nemesis Vince McMahon and brutally defeated The Rock with multiple steel chair shots being assisted by the villainous boss.

Post-Attutude Era - 2001-2002

What followed Wrestlemania X7 was a strange limbo period which would last about a year and would include the botched Invasion angle. Some people simply call this period "Invasion Era", but that name is not completely accurate since their was already a good few months of WWF programming in the interval between Wrestlemania X7 and the Invasion proper, and also there was about another six months of programming after the Invasion angle concluded in the fall of 2001 and before the official inauguration of the Ruthless Aggression Era in 2002. I therefore call this period "Post-Attitude".

The few months just after Wrestlemania X7 was a strange time. Austin was now a heel allied with Vince McMahon and part of a stable with Triple H known as "The Power Trip". Many fans hated that time with Austin as a heel. However, the PPVs were still pretty solid and with awesome moments including the legendary Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon match at King of the Ring (the one where Kurt repeatedly suplexed Shane through the glass panels). During that time WWF was still on fire, the fans' grievances with the Austin angle notwithstanding.

Then, in the summer, the Invasion happened and we saw many WCW and ECW wrestlers appear on TV to do battle with the WWF loyalists, all of them except the true WCW superstars (with the exceptions of Booker T and DDP). The Invasion angle is universally recognized as a complete flop. It was botched from the beginning and not believable at all. The whole thing was such a wasted opportunity. Still, there were some good-quality PPVs. That year's Summerslam was an awesome event with The Rock vs. Booker T. It wasn't all bad.

Obviously the WWF won at the Survival Series PPV and WCW and ECW were "officially" put out of business. The WWF acquired most of the talents from those now defunct companies and developed a huge roster. However, the company no longer had a well-defined direction. It was in a weird limbo state and didn't really know what to do now that it was the only player in the game. The Undertaken was awesome during that time with his American Baddass biker character and as the villainous Booger Red. The former ECW talent RVD was also on fire. Chris Jericho also emerged as a main event star going over both The Rock and Stone Cold in one night to win the Undisputed Championship.

Ruthless Aggression Era - 2002-2007

The Ruthless Aggression Era officially began in the spring of 2002 when Vince McMahon, in the middle of the ring and surrounded by the entire roster, did another famous promo encouraging the new hungry upcoming talent and talking about a need for "ruthless aggression". It featured a new crop of extremely athletic wrestlers, outstanding athletic feats, improved technical wrestling, and good entertaining storylines but toned down a little in comparison to those of the Attitude Era. The breakout superstars of this era were Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Batista. Edge would also become a formidable main eventer towards the end of the period. During the Ruthless Aggression Era, the roster was absolutely stacked. There was the influx of the former WCW and ECW talents like "Pig Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Bill Goldberg, many of the Attitude Era legends were still around such as The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker, and many new young talents quickly carved out a name for themselves. The sheer density of the roster even brought about the Brand Split as Raw entered competition with Smackdown.

The early Ruthless Aggression Era was still a great time in wrestling. In my opinion, it was on par with the Attitude Era, not as popular but actually better in some ways. While Raw was suffering Triple H's Reign of Terror, Smackdown was on fire with intense action every week with Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Los Guerreros and many others. Wrestlemania 19 in 2003 was also a stellar Wrestlemania, another definite candidate for best Wrestlemania of all time. Lesnar vs. Angle was awesome!

The second half of the Ruthless Aggression had a completely different vibe. The product had acquired a new fanbase in the younger generation and now there were new main eventers reaching their peak, most notably Batista and Edge. There were also hot divas like Melina.

The Ruthless Aggression Era came to an end some time around late 2007 and early 2008 following the tragic double homicide-suicide of Chris Benoit. The WWE was blamed by the media for that tragedy and would subsequently tone down its product and attempt to create a more family-friendly image.

PG Era - 2008-2011

During this time the WWE went full PG and turned into a complete kids show. It was totally unwatchable with its corny humor for kids, its lame characters and storylines, and its boring "slow-style" wrestling. I lost interest for the most part. All I remember from this period was Alberto del Río as the champion and Mark Henry's "Hall of Pain". The "Summer of Punk" was the highlight of 2011 but was still quite overrated.

Universe Era/Reality Era - 2012-?

The WWE did get a little better from around 2012 with the introduction of some new baddass stables like The Shield and The Wyatt Family. WWE had somewhat of a resurgence in the early to mid 2010s. Brock Lesnar also returned to the company after his successful MMA career and went on an ass-kicking spree.

However, from around 2015, the WWF saw a progressive "indification" of its product with more flippy vanilla midgets being brought in to cater to the indie smarks and it just became boring as hell once again. I remember Daniel Brian being all the rage with his lame "Yes Movement" and then everything going downhill from there. I tuned out and stopped watching wrestling completely for a long time.

As for today, I can't give an accurate analysis of the current WWE product. I only watch the occasional big PPV such as Wrestlemania, Summerslam and the Royal Rumble. Even then I tend to fast-forward through a large chunk of it.
Last edited by Lucas88 on January 27th, 2023, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Professional Wrestling Thread - "It's Still Real to Me, Damnit!"

Post by Lucas88 »

Questions for wrestling fans

What are your favorite eras in wrestling and why?

Who are your most beloved wrestlers past and present?

This is a thread to discuss anything you want about wrestling, its culture, its history, its behind the scenes, etc.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Lucas88 wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 8:31 pm
It's the Royal Rumble this weekend and so I think that it's the right time to make this thread.

I don't know how many wrestling fans there are on this forum. I know that @WanderingProtagonist is an old-school wrestling fan. I saw him posting again today so I'll tag him. If I remember right, @WilliamSmith also mentioned the WWF a few times including Vince McMahon's steroid scandal. William is into bodybuilding and real masculinity and so I'm sure that he's watched wrestling at least as a casual fan. I'm not sure who else I could tag.

I myself was a massive wrestling fan back in the good old days of the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras. Wrestling was my favorite form of entertainment when I was in school and I was absolutely obsessed with it. These days however I can barely stand watching contemporary wrestling shows at all. The WWE for more than a decade now has been a boring-ass-hell PC wrestling company marketed primarily for kids and without good or even believable storylines. Moreover, the new generation of talent is dominated by dweebish vanilla midgets who don't even look like real athletes at all and couldn't intimidate even a child, and the new "indie" style of wrestling with all of its silly flip monkey acrobatics and complete lack of in-ring psychology is just terrible. AEW and the various indie feds which promote that style are even worse than the current WWE.

Whenever I watch wrestling today (on rare occasions), I'm mostly interested in the old-school legends who make a return at a big PPV event or the few real men who remain in the business such as Brock Lesnar with his freakish 280lb frame, unbelievable athleticism and legitimate MMA background and the current world heavyweight champion Roman Reigns with his baddass tribal chief gimmick and his huge manly Samoan tallywhacker! I also like to watch the female wrestlers who are actually hot and entertaining such as Dana Brooke, Mandy Rose and Asuka. Conversely, I can't stand the manly female wrestlers and feminist-inspired characters who that evil SJW Stephanie McMahon has sought to promote such as "The Man" Becky Lynch, Rhea Ripley and Shayna Baszler. I'd rather WWE bring back the Barbie dolls, the bra and panty matches and the "puppies"! :lol:

In my opinion, the WWF/WWE has gradually gone downhill since the mid 2000s. Since about 2007 the product has been mostly bad.

Here is an overview of the WWF/WWE's historical eras as I see them:

Attitude Era - 1998-2001

In December 1997, Vince McMahon did his famous promo about the old tropes of pro wrestling being passé and how the WWF was no longer going to insult its audience's intelligence. In that moment he was ushering in the most popular era that the industry would ever experience. That era was the Attitude Era characterized by an edgier product and storylines like those of the reality TV of the time. The product featured larger-than-life characters such as The Rock and The Undertaker, mostly believable storylines that appealed to young adults, a more realistic wrestling style involving fast-paced brawling and impactful power moves, extreme violence, profanity, and sexual content. The main angle of the Attitude Era was undoubtedly the Austin vs. McMahon feud. During the Attitude Era, the WWF's weekly flagship show "Raw is War" was consistently getting over 10 million views. The Monday Night Wars, in which the WWF went head to head with rival company WCW, was arguably one of the most exciting times to be a wrestling fan. It was just completely off the chain!

Some wrestling purists criticize the Attitude Era for its supposed poor level of wrestling. They remember it as little more than a glorified soap opera for men. While the early AE did indeed lack on the pure wrestling talent side of things, I would argue that from early 2000 the WWF saw a massive improvement in the quality of its in-ring product with the acquisition of new technical wrestlers such as Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero. Kurt Angle also had a phenomenal run that year. I personally believe that from the spring of 2000 to the spring of 2001 the AE reached its peak of maturity.

The Attitude Era came to an end at Wrestlemania X7 - undeniably a candidate for best Wrestlemania of all time - when Stone Cold Steve Austin shockingly made a deal with his arch-nemesis Vince McMahon and brutally defeated The Rock with multiple steel chair shots being assisted by the villainous boss.

Post-Attutude Era - 2001-2002

What followed Wrestlemania X7 was a strange limbo period which would last about a year and would include the botched Invasion angle. Some people simply call this period "Invasion Era", but that name is not completely accurate since their was already a good few months of WWF programming in the interval between Wrestlemania X7 and the Invasion proper, and also there was about another six months of programming after the Invasion angle concluded in the fall of 2001 and before the official inauguration of the Ruthless Aggression Era in 2002. I therefore call this period "Post-Attitude".

The few months just after Wrestlemania X7 was a strange time. Austin was now a heel allied with Vince McMahon and part of a stable with Triple H known as "The Power Trip". Many fans hated that time with Austin as a heel. However, the PPVs were still pretty solid and with awesome moments including the legendary Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon match at King of the Ring (the one where Kurt repeatedly suplexed Shane through the glass panels). During that time WWF was still on fire, the fans' grievances with the Austin angle notwithstanding.

Then, in the summer, the Invasion happened and we saw many WCW and ECW wrestlers appear on TV to do battle with the WWF loyalists, all of them except the true WCW superstars (with the exceptions of Booker T and DDP). The Invasion angle is universally recognized as a complete flop. It was botched from the beginning and not believable at all. The whole thing was such a wasted opportunity. Still, there were some good-quality PPVs. That year's Summerslam was an awesome event with The Rock vs. Booker T. It wasn't all bad.

Obviously the WWF won at the Survival Series PPV and WCW and ECW were "officially" put out of business. The WWF acquired most of the talents from those now defunct companies and developed a huge roster. However, the company no longer had a well-defined direction. It was in a weird limbo state and didn't really know what to do now that it was the only player in the game. The Undertaken was awesome during that time with his American Baddass biker character and as the villainous Booger Red. The former ECW talent RVD was also on fire. Chris Jericho also emerged as a main event star going over both The Rock and Stone Cold in one night to win the Undisputed Championship.

Ruthless Aggression Era - 2002-2007

The Ruthless Aggression Era officially began in the spring of 2002 when Vince McMahon, in the middle of the ring and surrounded by the entire roster, did another famous promo encouraging the new hungry upcoming talent and talking about a need for "ruthless aggression". It featured a new crop of extremely athletic wrestlers, outstanding athletic feats, improved technical wrestling, and good entertaining storylines but toned down a little in comparison to those of the Attitude Era. The breakout superstars of this era were Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Batista. Edge would also become a formidable main eventer towards the end of the period. During the Ruthless Aggression Era, the roster was absolutely stacked. There was the influx of the former WCW and ECW talents like "Pig Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and Bill Goldberg, many of the Attitude Era legends were still around such as The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker, and many new young talents quickly carved out a name for themselves. The sheer density of the roster even brought about the Brand Split as Raw entered competition with Smackdown.

The early Ruthless Aggression Era was still a great time in wrestling. In my opinion, it was on par with the Attitude Era, not as popular but actually better in some ways. While Raw was suffering Triple H's Reign of Terror, Smackdown was on fire with intense action every week with Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Los Guerreros and many others. Wrestlemania 19 in 2003 was also a stellar Wrestlemania, another definite candidate for best Wrestlemania of all time. Lesnar vs. Angle was awesome!

The second half of the Ruthless Aggression had a completely different vibe. The product had acquired a new fanbase in the younger generation and now there were new main eventers reaching their peak, most notably Batista and Edge. There were also hot divas like Melina.

The Ruthless Aggression Era came to an end some time around late 2007 and early 2008 following the tragic double homicide-suicide of Chris Benoit. The WWE was blamed by the media for that tragedy and would subsequently tone down its product and attempt to create a more family-friendly image.

PG Era - 2008-2011

During this time the WWE went full PG and turned into a complete kids show. It was totally unwatchable with its corny humor for kids, its lame characters and storylines, and its boring "slow-style" wrestling. I lost interest for the most part. All I remember from this period was Alberto del Río as the champion and Mark Henry's "Hall of Pain". The "Summer of Punk" was the highlight of 2011 but was still quite overrated.

Universe Era/Reality Era - 2012-?

The WWE did get a little better from around 2012 with the introduction of some new baddass stables like The Shield and The Wyatt Family. WWE had somewhat of a resurgence in the early to mid 2010s. Brock Lesnar also returned to the company after his successful MMA career and went on an ass-kicking spree.

However, from around 2015, the WWF saw a progressive "indification" of its product with more flippy vanilla midgets being brought in to cater to the indie smarks and it just became boring as hell once again. I remember Daniel Brian being all the rage with his lame "Yes Movement" and then everything going downhill from there. I tuned out and stopped watching wrestling completely for a long time.

As for today, I can't give an accurate analysis of the current WWE product. I only watch the occasional big PPV such as Wrestlemania, Summerslam and the Royal Rumble. Even then I tend to fast-forward through a large chunk of it.
I was into Wrestling those same eras you brought up, but the current product is aimed at passive soy boy males, if you mentioned that you are into the whole bra and panty stuff they will demand that you be castrated simply because they feel that back then women were treated like shit and not as "equals" nevermind the fact Lita use to leap off ladders and shit like the Hardy's or that Trish could actually wrestle but was just sexy as hell. Now the women must have the same type of matches as the men, that means, female royal rumbles, female hell in the cell, female elimination chamber, everything is done in such a progressive political manner now that you can tell that they are trying to push some kind of agenda. You even have some jerk offs who complain about how racist Vince is because he wouldn't give the Championship to Kofi. That's how that whole Kofi Mania shit got started, and the guy was not championship material. He became one because people bitched and complained. When Lesnar quashed Kofi under 3 seconds total and beat him lol his fans got mad and started race card throwing yet again because a goofy ass black wrestler got his ass kicked by a big white wrestler, with an actual background in real fighting. When Kofi lost again this time it was to Bobby Lashley, so people couldn't complain that it was racist when a much bigger black male still kicked his sorry clown ass.

The women they have now are given attention by their beta male fans that think female wrestling is much "better" now because of people like Rhonda Rousey and shit. Wrestling today certainly has become boring leftism though. Everything about it feels like this, they even have "diversity" within the ref division because now they have women referees calling the matches which just looks out of place when they shout at some of the guys much larger than themselves. They even have it narrowed down by race for each gender. So now there's one black male ref, one black female ref, one Asian male ref, a latino male ref, and a few white male refs and one white female ref. Back in the day they had at least one or two guys that called every match. I forget his name because he was of the legendary refs that use to be around during the attitude era and ruthless era both I believe.

They have a lot of female wrestlers now that I thought were f***ed up transsexuals like Sasha Banks I thought was one. There's that extremely ugly one that's often hanging with Rhonda now that always look tired in the face.
I don't know their names by heart, I only recognized the more popular ones like Becky that you mentioned and then there is that other one Bayley who got uglier with age, but didn't use to look that bad before. I strongly hate Daniel Bryan, that guy really ruined wrestling and for some reason his fanboys are some of the saddest people I've seen because they actually believe he was THAT good. Then you have those homo queers the New Day coming out throwing food at the audience, Big E use to lick his hand and spank other men across the ass, and then swivel his hips sexually over their fallen bodies like the gay f**k that he is. I remember Val Venis use to do that to women not other men lol.

Then in 2020 when that whole Floyde shit happened some of the black male wrestlers were sporting BLM arm bands and logos on their wrestling gear. Keith Lee did this, and that Cedrick Alexander dude who came out as gay was also wearing BLM logos and arm bands on his clothing during matches. The product really has become boring progressive leftism bullshit over the years. They try hard but it's not working other than for people who are leftist and even they don't seem into the product. They have Seith Rollins coming out dressed like the worse f***ing dresser now, sometimes wearing lingerie looking clothing suitable for a woman, bad suits with awful tacky mix matched colors because he's trying to imitate the Joker but is outright horrific and was better off when he was doing the whole Shield Gimmick with Reigns and Dean Ambrose who left and went to AEW where he ended up with that douchbag gimmick he was doing prior to leaving WWE. He became more muscular but he looked much better how he was before he shaved off his hair and got bigger.

Vince sold the company to Saudi Arabia so now Arabs own WWE, this happened recently. Most people were upset about that. When I try to watch WWE now I do skip a lot of it because I can't stand it at all anymore. They do still have a few guys there that look masculine enough like Sheamus and Drew, but ever since Sheamus started talking like a millennial dumbass with that "BANGER! AFTER BANGER!" I can't take that guy seriously anymore ever since he started saying that. He's trying so hard to connect with this pitiful generation by talking in such an obnoxious way now. It's bad enough they have to put rap music on for their show intro, they use to have some heavy hitting metal music back in the day for Raw but now all of that is gone. You have guys like AJ styles coming out with a awful rap song for his intro that doesn't even fit his damn character at all.

They even pandered to the New Day and had them win the belts 11 times. No one else in the tag team division ever held the belts that many times not even their best tag teams like the Dudly's, Christian And Edge, Matt and Jeff, none of those guys held the belt 11 times but new day did because of their ethnicity, Kofi and Xavier woods were given those titles 11 times for progressive reasons.

The current product also love to always broadcast political moments like Black History Month, Women History stuff, they exploit the whole Make a Wish Foundation because it makes them look good to show sick dying kids on their show that they get to smile and take photos with to boost their own damn self image which is not something they use to do at all in the past. During breast Cancer awareness, they put up pink ropes and some of the men will sport the female ribbon on their gear and shit which I always thought was teeth gnashing unbearable since women aren't the only ones that get cancer, but because it's about women. WWE decided to make it about women.

The entire product is terrible. If you ever browsed around youtube or WWEforum you'll find people that actually defend this crap product or will call out the attitude era as being "overrated" They can't accept the fact that the current product is pandering leftist garbage.
A lot of what use to be good entertainment is killed because of leftism/politics became a big deal with these corporations. You have so many people who come out as gay, trans, etc in sports these days just to look like "heroes" for the LBGTQ groups it's hard to not hate the whole damn thing and what has become of it. Just like all the other sports that got ruined because of progressive garbage. And for some reason Wrestlers love to show you their personal life, therefore they broke character by doing this. After I seen footage of what Undertaker's real life was like at home, and how he wasn't really related to Kane, it killed the entire Undertaker character for me big time. Now everything just looks even more fake and unreal because of this. Listening to the Miz talk about his spoiled daughters makes you want to slap the guy in the face, and he brags about a lot of crap movies he's been in that nobody cares about. Even if these are scripts it's trash writing. I don't think anything will ever go back to being how it use to be as long as leftism remains in entertainment, and even then it still feels too late.

I mean the announcers also suck too, Cory and Biron both come off as male feminist at times. The bloodline storyline stopped being interested when they added Zamy Zayne to the group. I cannot stand this phony ass homeless looking bum pretending he's family with the Bloodlines. That whole "Usi" thing he started is just downright annoying, it's just as bad as Daniel Bryan's retarded ass yes chants. Now people shout "USI! USI! USI!" mad annoying. Reigns held the title for as long as he has because they honestly dont have any other stars to replace him besides Bobby Lashley and Brock who are currently both still active in their 40s. Drew could be up there as well but they turned him into a dork just like they did Sheamus. Reigns kind of sucks, the guy struggled with Daniel Bryan a few times, and I could never take him struggling up against DB seriously at all, it just looked horribly bad, it made Reigns as a Samoan look bad struggling with a midget ass vegan bitch that probably gets cucked daily by his wife that has to shout "YES!" Constantly like a full blown retard.

I witnessed the same thing happen to Brock when they had him wrestling that little man, Fin Balor. Brock actually struggled with the guy and Fin Balor is small as hell, the poor script writing makes even guys with actual fight background look bad when they can't even take down small weaker guys quickly. The only time they actually made it believable with a popular small guy, is when Kofi got squashed by Lesnar and Bobby both, he didn't get a single hit off any of them. Soon as the match begin they mauled the sh*t out of him which Reign seem to struggle with even with men he should be able to knock out instantly.

I remember that time Fin Balor acted like he was possessed after getting knocked on the floor lol looked cartoony as hell. Taker use to shoot lightening out his hands, that was at least entertaining. I never liked the American badass gimmick though, a lot of people said they hated that gimmick. I use to be a huge 1-2-3 Kid fan too, but hated the guy when he became X-Pac and joined up with Degeneration X...He use to be cool as 123 Kid. The X-Pac gimmick turned him into a moronic asshole just like everyone else in that group, I couldn't stand him in Degeneration X. I felt the same way when they ruined Razor Ramon and put him in NWO. A lot of people hated Hollywood Hogan as well.

None of them could top The Ultimate Warrior, he was literately my first favorite of all time. Wrestlers like that don't exist anymore, people blame a lot of the shit changes on Chris Benoit for killing his family and then taking his own life due to roid rage. After that, the product started to slowly change and become something I no longer recognize as being fun or enjoyable anymore. Triple H is also a bitch for a guy that's suppose to be all "masculine", because he stabbed Chyna in the back just so he can get in Stephanie's rich p***y so he can become wealthier himself.

Stephanie also hated Chyna, or at least acted jealous of her and didn't want her in that useless WWE hall of Fame. The day before she died, she made a video...She looked depressed, sad, and hurt by what happened. The woman even did porn at one point, and lost a lot of her muscle mass so she certainly no longer had that Xena Warrior Princess look about her anymore after she fell down hard after Triple H cheating on her with Stephanie.. She just looked real pitiful in that video she made before she died. I felt sorry for her and hated Triple H ever since because Chyna actually seemed like a loyal woman. But Triple H chose the bitch with money. So he chose a feminist and that's the only way he knew he would remain relevant and on top is if he dropped Chyna and married a wealthy feminist.

Stephanie wasn't always like that though. Back in the day she was down with all the bra and panty stuff too. It just seems like as she got older she became one of the worse type of women. Entertainment as a whole is f***ing boring now because of leftism killed everything. Comedy, Comics, Video games, movies, television, art, everything is just flat out depressing ever since the assholes pushing progressiveness took over.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I watched a bit of wrestling when I was five, not the Hulk Hogan stuff, in the 70's before I'd heard of WWF. I didn't like the bragging. I didn't care for Muhammad Ali's bragging back then. A lot of the guys had big bellies, too. I wanted to watch TV and there were no cartoons on, Batman wasn't on, and there were maybe three networks to watch.

But I always hated WWF and WWE even as a kid. Angry men would boast and brag, followed by the fakest-looking wrestling. I did watch a bit of GLOW, Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, which was so fake as to be almost a bit comical. I don't remember the girls being especially Gorgeous, either. Again, that was if I wanted to watch TV and nothing else was on.

I came back from overseas, and my brother told me that people were going crazy for wrestling. This was probably in the early WWE days. I ended up riding with him to a friends house, and the guy had wrestling on.....ugggghhhh... the negative entertainment value sucking my energy out just from being in the same room where it was on TV. I hoped I hadn't lost any IQ points from it. And one of the characters was tied up while another wrestler, a villain, had him imprisoned and an imposter was wrestling in his place.... and yeah, there were still people out there saying it was real. If it was real, why didn't they go rescue the imprisoned wrestler, or why didn't the police get involved? It would be kind of funny if an idiot police officer who thought WWE was real arrested the villain wrestler who kidnapped the other wrestler in their skit.

I totally get why someone would watch MMA or boxing, but the WWE stuff is just too dumb for me. I can watch that, but I don't get into it. This sort of thing, and any kind of TV sports, is a time sink (yet another), and I realize I'm watching people beat each other up in a situation where they could seriously injure or even kill one another by mistake... for personal entertainment.

I did see a YouTube clip of social distance wrestling during the Covid lockdown that was funny where people were pretending to grab each other from across the ring and responding like they'd been grabbed, etc.

That being said, I have ideas for wrestlers. One could be the English Gentleman, a wrestler who talks with an English accent who wears a bow-tie, kind of like a male dancer outfit, who doesn't brag but talks about sportsmanship and politely discusses having a good game, a good wrestling match, and if he looses talks about a stiff upper lip.

They could also have a flatulence themed wrestler who uses his special flatulatory move on other wrestlers faces when he has them pinned down.

I talked to a guy who'd actually worked as a professional wrestler. I think he was on the bottom rung of the profession. He hurt his back and quit. In spite of how fake it is, those guys take a lot of damage with all that floor slamming, etc. I asked if there was anything to it, that whoever did the fake moves the best won. He said basically whoever kissed the owners backside the most got to be the champion. I don't remember if he was actually in WWE or some lesser known league.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 27th, 2023, 10:42 pm
Stephanie wasn't always like that though. Back in the day she was down with all the bra and panty stuff too. It just seems like as she got older she became one of the worse type of women. Entertainment as a whole is f***ing boring now because of leftism killed everything. Comedy, Comics, Video games, movies, television, art, everything is just flat out depressing ever since the assholes pushing progressiveness took over.
You certainly know a lot about wrestling and it seems that you're a fan of the same kind of things in wrestling that I like.

The WWF/WWE had the perfect formula worked out in the Attitude Era's mature period and the Ruthless Aggression Era (especially the first half). They knew how to consistently put on great shows and entertain a young adult audience. Raw, Smackdown and PPVs would begin with some edgy Nu Metal track and pyro, we'd get convincing cinematic vignettes which explained the storyline or feud leading up to the match, the commentary would sound like that of a professional sports event, most of the matches were short and hard-hitting, the divas were sexy and drew in a male audience, and the main events always had a big-time feel. The wrestlers were muscular and looked like real athletes. The storylines were aimed at young adults and could actually hook you in. The wrestling style was grittier, more violent and more realistic and was therefore more casual-friendly. Moreover, the PPV events were relatively short coming to about 3 hours for a regular PPV. The company didn't use to bore the audience with 5 or 6 hours of filler and boring formulaic content. The WWF/WWE was doing everything right.

Going PG in 2008 was a terrible thing for the company. Some argue that the PG rating isn't the problem and that the WWE just needs to come up with better storylines but I would argue that the PG guidelines only serve to limit creativity and prevent creative from writing more believable content and are therefore the major reason why for more than a decade now the company has mostly put out goofy-ass cringy bullshit that no adult fan with normal mental functioning could ever take seriously. Since 2008, most of the characters have been completely bland and boring and their feuds have been largely unremarkable. This is the reason why the WWE has struggled to make new superstars in the last decade or so.

Then, as you've correctly stated, all of the agendas which the WWE has been pushing in recent years have also served to make the product unwatchable. Obviously Vince doesn't give a shit about any of the woke bullshit but the corporate sponsors definitely want it promoted on WWE programming and Triple H (aka Hunter Hearst Homo) and Stephanie seem to be big SJWs nowadays. Now it's unbearable to tune in to a WWE show only to have feminism and the homo agenda rammed down our throats. The roster is full of vanilla midgets who look and act like total dweebs, the "Women's Evolution" thing just comes across as obnoxious as hell, and The New Day's constant ass slapping and other not-so-subtle homoerotic antics are just awful. I don't wanna see that shit on my TV. This new generation just completely sucks. Nowadays I can only enjoy the older stuff. The world was a completely different and much better place in the early 2000s.

The current commentary team is terrible like you've mentioned. Michael Cole is a boring nerd. Why the hell is he even on commentary? Cory Graves and Byron Saxton are both charisma vacuums and totally suck. The WWE once had "Good Ol'" JR and Jerry "The King" Lawler on commentary. JR sounded professional as hell and The King was f'n' hilarious and made every Raw or PPV show so much more entertaining. Now JR works for that shitty outlaw mudshow AEW while The King isn't even featured on TV. Why couldn't they have kept those guys on commentary? They also used to have Tazz on commentary for Smackdown. Tazz was a baddass and had credibility and charisma and could even make Michael Cole look good. Now he works for AEW too. The WWE also got rid of their best Spanish-language commentator Carlos Cabrera who was entertaining and had great chemistry with Marcelo Rodríguez. Now Marcelo does commentary with Jerry Soto who's boring as hell. The WWE could get the best commentators if it wanted. But it lets a rival company take the best talent, keeps actually good commentators like The King and Booker T off TV, and instead puts boring uncharismatic nobodies on commentary. :?

Well, WWE once had the right formula down to a tee but then they gave up that formula and its product progressively went to shit.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
January 31st, 2023, 3:50 pm
January 27th, 2023, 10:42 pm
You certainly know a lot about wrestling and it seems that you're a fan of the same kind of things in wrestling that I like.

The WWF/WWE had the perfect formula worked out in the Attitude Era's mature period and the Ruthless Aggression Era (especially the first half). They knew how to consistently put on great shows and entertain a young adult audience. Raw, Smackdown and PPVs would begin with some edgy Nu Metal track and pyro, we'd get convincing cinematic vignettes which explained the storyline or feud leading up to the match, the commentary would sound like that of a professional sports event, most of the matches were short and hard-hitting, the divas were sexy and drew in a male audience, and the main events always had a big-time feel. The wrestlers were muscular and looked like real athletes. The storylines were aimed at young adults and could actually hook you in. The wrestling style was grittier, more violent and more realistic and was therefore more casual-friendly. Moreover, the PPV events were relatively short coming to about 3 hours for a regular PPV. The company didn't use to bore the audience with 5 or 6 hours of filler and boring formulaic content. The WWF/WWE was doing everything right.

Going PG in 2008 was a terrible thing for the company. Some argue that the PG rating isn't the problem and that the WWE just needs to come up with better storylines but I would argue that the PG guidelines only serve to limit creativity and prevent creative from writing more believable content and are therefore the major reason why for more than a decade now the company has mostly put out goofy-ass cringy bullshit that no adult fan with normal mental functioning could ever take seriously. Since 2008, most of the characters have been completely bland and boring and their feuds have been largely unremarkable. This is the reason why the WWE has struggled to make new superstars in the last decade or so.

Then, as you've correctly stated, all of the agendas which the WWE has been pushing in recent years have also served to make the product unwatchable. Obviously Vince doesn't give a shit about any of the woke bullshit but the corporate sponsors definitely want it promoted on WWE programming and Triple H (aka Hunter Hearst Homo) and Stephanie seem to be big SJWs nowadays. Now it's unbearable to tune in to a WWE show only to have feminism and the homo agenda rammed down our throats. The roster is full of vanilla midgets who look and act like total dweebs, the "Women's Evolution" thing just comes across as obnoxious as hell, and The New Day's constant ass slapping and other not-so-subtle homoerotic antics are just awful. I don't wanna see that shit on my TV. This new generation just completely sucks. Nowadays I can only enjoy the older stuff. The world was a completely different and much better place in the early 2000s.

The current commentary team is terrible like you've mentioned. Michael Cole is a boring nerd. Why the hell is he even on commentary? Cory Graves and Byron Saxton are both charisma vacuums and totally suck. The WWE once had "Good Ol'" JR and Jerry "The King" Lawler on commentary. JR sounded professional as hell and The King was f'n' hilarious and made every Raw or PPV show so much more entertaining. Now JR works for that shitty outlaw mudshow AEW while The King isn't even featured on TV. Why couldn't they have kept those guys on commentary? They also used to have Tazz on commentary for Smackdown. Tazz was a baddass and had credibility and charisma and could even make Michael Cole look good. Now he works for AEW too. The WWE also got rid of their best Spanish-language commentator Carlos Cabrera who was entertaining and had great chemistry with Marcelo Rodríguez. Now Marcelo does commentary with Jerry Soto who's boring as hell. The WWE could get the best commentators if it wanted. But it lets a rival company take the best talent, keeps actually good commentators like The King and Booker T off TV, and instead puts boring uncharismatic nobodies on commentary. :?

Well, WWE once had the right formula down to a tee but then they gave up that formula and its product progressively went to shit.
I'm not sure if you saw the Royal Rumble this year, but the crowd went nuts when Roman Reigns lost his shit and brutally beat the f**k out of that bitch Sammy Zayne, they started chanting "f**k YOU ROMAN!" I've never heard the audience ever do this. They sounded mad as hell that he beat the shit out of that annoying guy. Then his cousin Jey walked out like he was ashamed and disappointed in Reigns for what he did which I thought was just terrible writing turning any of the Bloodline members soft all because of Sammy being part of the group and Reigns viciously beating him for his betrayal. I really hated the F you chants though, they didn't even censor it either. You actually heard the entire stadium full of Texans shouting it hard at the top of their lungs.

They really sounded pissed off with Reigns savage behavior. If you look it up on youtube the video is still there. People say that it's good heat for his heel character, but I don't know. Not all "heat" is good heat in my opinion, not when people sound like they really hate you and not just the character. I remember when that one guy had lost to the point where all the male kids in the audience started crying. The camera zoomed in on a bunch of male boys crying because what's his face was defeated.
I forgot his damn name though, but I didn't see any of the girls crying, just the male kids and their mothers covering their eyes and everything. The crowd gets very emotional nowadays about a lot of what goes on in the ring. So if some twat like Daniel Bryan gets beaten the way Sammy did, the crowd will lose their shit over that vegan midget f**k.

I've seen wrestlers do much worse than what Reigns character had to do, and the crowd still never chanted f**k YOU. It didn't sound like giving heat to a wrestler to build up their character, it sounded like an audience of people who were really pissed off and hated him for real vs it simply being part of a show like they wanted to just bum rush the ring and attack him physically. I'm surprised no one actually did that. I kept getting these fake ass attitude era vibes from the whole not censoring the f**k you chants. It was a terrible attempt since I don't recall anyone in the attitude era being that pissed with their heels to say f**k you to them. They normally chant Asshole if they really hate the heel, but the f**k you one was new to me since I don't recall any audience saying this in the attitude era or ruthless era, and they had heels that would tomb stone the f**k out of their own mother or father.

There are also clips on youtube that showed Stone Cold use to stunner even women, he did it to everyone.
They would never allow that now, except in todays current wrestling climate sometimes the women are allowed to strike the men. Rhea Ripley tossed guys into steel steps and even beat the shit out of them to help Judgement Day win matches, no one tried to strike her back either. I seen Rhonda Rowsey beat the shit out of male security with her boyfriend, and Becky forced a Baron Corbin to submit after she got him in a submission move. This dude is huge as all f**k, and they literately had him tap out to her. A week later they did let him hit her with his special move finisher which was rare. But still having him tap out to her was sad and unreal. This happened about 3 years ago I believe.

That one chick with Karion Cross low blowed Drew Mcyntire in the nuts. A few years back Nya Jax invaded the male Royal Rumble and she got attacked by the male wrestlers which was rare to see. I believe that happened like four or six years ago, not sure.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

February 1st, 2023, 2:21 am
I'm not sure if you saw the Royal Rumble this year, but the crowd went nuts when Roman Reigns lost his shit and brutally beat the f**k out of that bitch Sammy Zayne, they started chanting "f**k YOU ROMAN!" I've never heard the audience ever do this. They sounded mad as hell that he beat the shit out of that annoying guy. Then his cousin Jey walked out like he was ashamed and disappointed in Reigns for what he did which I thought was just terrible writing turning any of the Bloodline members soft all because of Sammy being part of the group and Reigns viciously beating him for his betrayal. I really hated the F you chants though, they didn't even censor it either. You actually heard the entire stadium full of Texans shouting it hard at the top of their lungs.

They really sounded pissed off with Reigns savage behavior. If you look it up on youtube the video is still there. People say that it's good heat for his heel character, but I don't know. Not all "heat" is good heat in my opinion, not when people sound like they really hate you and not just the character. I remember when that one guy had lost to the point where all the male kids in the audience started crying. The camera zoomed in on a bunch of male boys crying because what's his face was defeated.
I saw the Royal Rumble the day after the event. The PPV was pretty boring until the Reigns vs. Owens match which, in my opinion, resembled a Ruthless Aggression Era main event rather than one from this era. I enjoyed the match and its aftermath a lot.

What we must understand is that a large part of the crowd at the Royal Rumble will have been hardcore smarks. Their reaction to Reigns was so hostile because he had just brutalized two of their beloved indie darlings. These are the kind of fans who'll literally go on Reddit to bitch for hours about their favorite wrestler being booked to lose in a scripted fight. They don't represent the majority of the casual fanbase who watch from home. The hardcore smarks will hate Roman for abusing Owens and Zayn but the typical casual fan doesn't give a shit. To the typical casual fan Owens is nothing more than an overrated fat indie midcarder and Zayn a bum taxi driver indie jobber. Roman on the other hand is a legitimate face of the company.

I watched a video about the Jey Uso angle. It explained that this is a case of long-term storytelling because Jey was the first within the Bloodline to feel Roman's wrath back in 2020 when the Bloodline storyline was just kicking off. Apparently Jey is the more independent-minded member of the faction who was from the beginning more willing to challenge Roman's authority. If the Bloodline is going to implode, it makes sense that it would be Jey who walks out on them. The interesting thing is that the Usos are still tag team champions. It's obvious that they're gonna use Jey's rebelliousness as a source of future drama within the faction. Maybe Owens and Zayn will challenge the Usos for the tag team belts at Elimination Chamber and win, thus putting more strain on the Usos' relationship. Maybe the Bloodline will completely implode at Wrestlemania allowing Cody to defeat Roman for the world championship.

As for Reigns and the fans though, he is legitimately hated by the hardcore smarks. They resent the fact that Roman is being pushed to the moon by Vince McMahon (because Roman actually looks like a superstar) while their technical workrate indie jobber favorites are stuck in the midcard. The hardcore smarks always despised Roman. But to the casual fans he's a believable main eventer - especially as a heel. He's also a major merch seller.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Lucas88

I didn't know you are a fan of Professional Wrestling.
I used to be a fan of WWF attitude and it's successor WWE Raw and Smackdown. My favorite Wrestlers were Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, John Cena, Big Show, Andre the Giant, Eddy Guerrillo, Kurt Angle, Rikishi, Triple H and Vince Mcmahon.

I was a fan back in 1998 then up to late 2000's. After that, I grew out of it and lost interest. But it was a complete blast to watch wrestling when I was in elementary and middle school. Now I watch UFF MMA. My current favorite is Sexy Yama or known as Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
February 1st, 2023, 9:59 am
February 1st, 2023, 2:21 am

I saw the Royal Rumble the day after the event. The PPV was pretty boring until the Reigns vs. Owens match which, in my opinion, resembled a Ruthless Aggression Era main event rather than one from this era. I enjoyed the match and its aftermath a lot.

What we must understand is that a large part of the crowd at the Royal Rumble will have been hardcore smarks. Their reaction to Reigns was so hostile because he had just brutalized two of their beloved indie darlings. These are the kind of fans who'll literally go on Reddit to bitch for hours about their favorite wrestler being booked to lose in a scripted fight. They don't represent the majority of the casual fanbase who watch from home. The hardcore smarks will hate Roman for abusing Owens and Zayn but the typical casual fan doesn't give a shit. To the typical casual fan Owens is nothing more than an overrated fat indie midcarder and Zayn a bum taxi driver indie jobber. Roman on the other hand is a legitimate face of the company.

I watched a video about the Jey Uso angle. It explained that this is a case of long-term storytelling because Jey was the first within the Bloodline to feel Roman's wrath back in 2020 when the Bloodline storyline was just kicking off. Apparently Jey is the more independent-minded member of the faction who was from the beginning more willing to challenge Roman's authority. If the Bloodline is going to implode, it makes sense that it would be Jey who walks out on them. The interesting thing is that the Usos are still tag team champions. It's obvious that they're gonna use Jey's rebelliousness as a source of future drama within the faction. Maybe Owens and Zayn will challenge the Usos for the tag team belts at Elimination Chamber and win, thus putting more strain on the Usos' relationship. Maybe the Bloodline will completely implode at Wrestlemania allowing Cody to defeat Roman for the world championship.

As for Reigns and the fans though, he is legitimately hated by the hardcore smarks. They resent the fact that Roman is being pushed to the moon by Vince McMahon (because Roman actually looks like a superstar) while their technical workrate indie jobber favorites are stuck in the midcard. The hardcore smarks always despised Roman. But to the casual fans he's a believable main eventer - especially as a heel. He's also a major merch seller.
That does make a lot of sense, I do see people often saying how Zayne should win the belt on that wrestling forum. They did this with Kofi, knowing full well Kofi isn't championship material. Big E wasn't champion material either. Im surprised Woods haven't won it yet.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 1st, 2023, 11:16 am
@Lucas88

I used to be a fan of WWF attitude and it's successor WWE Raw and Smackdown. My favorite Wrestlers were Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, John Cena, Big Show, Andre the Giant, Eddy Guerrillo, Kurt Angle, Rikishi, Triple H and Vince Mcmahon.

I was a fan back in 1998 then up to late 2000's. After that, I grew out of it and lost interest. But it was a complete blast to watch wrestling when I was in elementary and middle school. Now I watch UFF MMA. My current favorite is Sexy Yama or known as Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama.
Yeah, I became a huge wrestling fan in 2000 during the height of the Attitude Era. My cousin showed me some WWF events and I was immediately hooked. I used to watch every Raw and Smackdown as well as every PPV event which in the UK back then were broadcasted for free on regular TV. Even after the Attitude Era ended, I remained a huge fan of the WWF/WWE until the mid 2000s when I started training in Jiujitsu and MMA and lost interest in wrestling for the most part.

I started watching wrestling again in the early 2010s. I was going through a hard time and saw wrestling as some light-hearted escapism. WWE had gotten a little better at that point since the horrible PG Era which began in 2008. But around 2015 WWE started to rapidly go downhill. The "NXT Era" was underway and the roster would increasingly be flooded with Triple H's indie jobber projects. The product became unbearable and I stopped watching for the most part, barring the occasional major PPV such as Wrestlemania or Summerslam.

Nowadays I too watch more MMA than WWE. It's always fun to watch the latest UFC event with @Pixel--Dude and my brother. A few years ago I went through a phase in which I became obsessed with the old-school UFC events. I had the first 30 or so downloaded to my laptop and obsessively watched them all. That was when the UFC was more of a freakshow with almost no rules and anything could happen.

As for my favorite wrestlers, I always liked The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker (as The American Baddass), Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and RVD. The WWF/WWE had so much talent back in the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras.
February 1st, 2023, 12:45 pm
That does make a lot of sense, I do see people often saying how Zayne should win the belt on that wrestling forum. They did this with Kofi, knowing full well Kofi isn't championship material. Big E wasn't champion material either. Im surprised Woods haven't won it yet.
Zayn isn't championship material. Lol! The hardcore smarks don't understand what draws money. They want to turn the WWE into a glorified indie niche product just for them but casual fans have no interest in the boring uncharismatic dweebish vanilla midget indie jobbers who the smarks like.

Cody is set to face Roman for the championship at Wrestlemania. Who knows who'll face him at Elimination Chamber. A rematch with Owens? A match with Zayn? I don't think that Zayn is a believable challenger nor is he main event material for a big PPV. If he does challenge Roman for the belt, it should be on a regular Smackdown and Roman should absolutely squash him in less than five minutes.

I wonder why Cody is receiving such a big push so soon. Not so long ago he was the executive vice president of rival company AEW. There's a theory that AEW was an inside job secretly done in partnership with WWE in order for the company to serve as a false competitor to the WWE. My boys Technical Work Rate Productions did a series of videos on it. If true, Cody would have been Vince's plant in AEW and now he's being rewarded with a win at the Royal Rumble and a massive push going into Wrestlemania where he might even go over Reigns for the championship.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
February 1st, 2023, 2:10 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 1st, 2023, 11:16 am
@Lucas88

Yeah, I became a huge wrestling fan in 2000 during the height of the Attitude Era. My cousin showed me some WWF events and I was immediately hooked. I used to watch every Raw and Smackdown as well as every PPV event which in the UK back then were broadcasted for free on regular TV. Even after the Attitude Era ended, I remained a huge fan of the WWF/WWE until the mid 2000s when I started training in Jiujitsu and MMA and lost interest in wrestling for the most part.

I started watching wrestling again in the early 2010s. I was going through a hard time and saw wrestling as some light-hearted escapism. WWE had gotten a little better at that point since the horrible PG Era which began in 2008. But around 2015 WWE started to rapidly go downhill. The "NXT Era" was underway and the roster would increasingly be flooded with Triple H's indie jobber projects. The product became unbearable and I stopped watching for the most part, barring the occasional major PPV such as Wrestlemania or Summerslam.

Nowadays I too watch more MMA than WWE. It's always fun to watch the latest UFC event with @Pixel--Dude and my brother. A few years ago I went through a phase in which I became obsessed with the old-school UFC events. I had the first 30 or so downloaded to my laptop and obsessively watched them all. That was when the UFC was more of a freakshow with almost no rules and anything could happen.

As for my favorite wrestlers, I always liked The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker (as The American Baddass), Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and RVD. The WWF/WWE had so much talent back in the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras.
February 1st, 2023, 12:45 pm
Zayn isn't championship material. Lol! The hardcore smarks don't understand what draws money. They want to turn the WWE into a glorified indie niche product just for them but casual fans have no interest in the boring uncharismatic dweebish vanilla midget indie jobbers who the smarks like.

Cody is set to face Roman for the championship at Wrestlemania. Who knows who'll face him at Elimination Chamber. A rematch with Owens? A match with Zayn? I don't think that Zayn is a believable challenger nor is he main event material for a big PPV. If he does challenge Roman for the belt, it should be on a regular Smackdown and Roman should absolutely squash him in less than five minutes.

I wonder why Cody is receiving such a big push so soon. Not so long ago he was the executive vice president of rival company AEW. There's a theory that AEW was an inside job secretly done in partnership with WWE in order for the company to serve as a false competitor to the WWE. My boys Technical Work Rate Productions did a series of videos on it. If true, Cody would have been Vince's plant in AEW and now he's being rewarded with a win at the Royal Rumble and a massive push going into Wrestlemania where he might even go over Reigns for the championship.
There has to be a lot of Smarks then because I swear when Daniel Bryan was there,
that guy use to get so much damn attention from everyone. He's the one that ruined wrestling, every time he came out I would skip his shit.
If he comes back to WWE from AEW he's going to get the loudest welcoming ever. It's going to be on par when Jeff and Matt finally came back, everybody went crazy nuts when that happened, they were so damn excited but of course that didn't last too long since Jeff and Matt are both out it seems. Sometimes I look at Impact wrestling just to laugh at it...They have so many WWE rejects on that show. When I saw Bubby Ray Dudely on there I was like "damn, seriously? He's on there now too?" I was wondering why him and Devon didn't stay in WWE, Ray went to a show that's beneath both WWE and AEW despite they are both shit products.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Mercer wrote:
February 1st, 2023, 2:38 pm
@WanderingProtagonist, I'm sure you've noticed that literally all mainstream entertainment and media now is hardcore woke propaganda meant for NPCs, females, and soyboys that love whatever the TV tells them to. Like you've said when you go on forums the NPCs will defend all of this garbage and become pissed when you tell the truth about how shitty it's all become.
Yeah and I thought the tv networks was trying to get rid of it because of low ratings.
Damn I wish Television was like it was years ago. The more I think about all of this the more I wish to leave but I'm sure if I went to some foreign country none of that shit they have on would be able to replicate or replace how great American television use to be. I mean yes this country blows, but I can admit our entertainment was the greatest back in the early 2000s, 90s, 80s, 70s, hell even the 50s and 40s had a lot of good stuff that no other country could dethrone entertainment wise. As kids we had Nick Arcade, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, The Original All That when Kenen and Kel were still young, you know good wholesome shows.

Then Adult swim had some funny stuff late at night, Comedy Central had interesting late night shows such as Insomniac with Dave Antell, the Man Show was hilarious shit too. Howard Stern use to have some okay content before he became a bitch and a sell out. I use to also watch E! whenever Wild ON! Was on, Brooke Burke use to tour around the world to show you all the parties and night life scenes in various countries including some in the West. I Tv just seemed like it was more about entertaining than trying to indoctrinate people. This is why I have such a problem with the West now, someone figured that we were enjoying certain things too much and they decided to change all of that. Now it's propaganda and more and more leftism shit on television.

Even some of those talk shows in the early 2000s was watchable. I mean we had some negatives back then too but now it just feels like everything is like that instead of a few things that come on. VH1 and MTV would play some great content every now and then before they introduced all the garbage reality television which started with The Real World, the Road Rules. It only got much worse after that.

My cousin would fall asleep with the BOX Channel playing which was a music channel you could call and order music videos, the only downside to it though is that most of the music was just Pop/Rap/R&B I don't think they had any rock music, or electronica songs.
In the mid 2000s there was G4TV, but like I said...People were escaping reality so much with all the good entertainment that someone got pissed off and decided they would rather America have more miserable and mean spirited mutha fuckers vs people are just too laid back and relaxed. Who ever is charge of everything don't want happy people what so ever in this country. NONE. That's why our movies suck now, television is trash, everything went to shit because the powers over the nation don't want this. They probably have the fattest organisms when they see all the white people hating themselves now vs the past when they weren't like that. And they're just waiting for the moment when another white cop kills a black person, then it's 2020 all over again. That's the only "fun" they know how to have now. Riots and people going ape shit in liberal states.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

February 2nd, 2023, 1:35 am
There has to be a lot of Smarks then because I swear when Daniel Bryan was there,
that guy use to get so much damn attention from everyone. He's the one that ruined wrestling, every time he came out I would skip his shit.
If he comes back to WWE from AEW he's going to get the loudest welcoming ever. It's going to be on par when Jeff and Matt finally came back, everybody went crazy nuts when that happened, they were so damn excited but of course that didn't last too long since Jeff and Matt are both out it seems. Sometimes I look at Impact wrestling just to laugh at it...They have so many WWE rejects on that show. When I saw Bubby Ray Dudely on there I was like "damn, seriously? He's on there now too?" I was wondering why him and Devon didn't stay in WWE, Ray went to a show that's beneath both WWE and AEW despite they are both shit products.
The smarks are just a vocal minority. You'll find a lot of them at WrestlingForum, thesquaredcircle subreddit and other online spaces and they'll often attempt to "hijack" live events (that's what they call it), but they don't constitute the majority of wrestling fans. Unfortunately, in recent years, Triple H has catered to the smarks. He's been pushing his boring uncharismatic NXT jobbers and indie signings and promoting the "indified" style of wrestling that we see today, even though that shit doesn't draw. Daniel Bryan was simply the first noteworthy example of this phenomenon. Triple H catering to the smarks was a terrible idea. It only served to swamp out many casual fans who can no longer relate to the current product. Now there are many "lapsed fans" like you and I who want to watch wrestling but can no longer stand what the WWE has to offer. We are the majority fanbase but Triple H foolishly favored the smarks over us. That's what empowered the smarks.

WWF/WWE always did way better when it catered primarily to a casual audience. Just look at the ratings that Raw and Smackdown were getting during the height of the Attitude Era. Nowadays, in the smark era, Raw and Smackdown often get abysmal ratings while AEW Dynamite is doing even worse. Wrestling now sucks because wrestling companies are caving in to what the smarks want rather than pushing what has always been known to draw with a casual audience.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Lucas88 wrote:
February 2nd, 2023, 8:47 am
February 2nd, 2023, 1:35 am
The smarks are just a vocal minority. You'll find a lot of them at WrestlingForum, thesquaredcircle subreddit and other online spaces and they'll often attempt to "hijack" live events (that's what they call it), but they don't constitute the majority of wrestling fans. Unfortunately, in recent years, Triple H has catered to the smarks. He's been pushing his boring uncharismatic NXT jobbers and indie signings and promoting the "indified" style of wrestling that we see today, even though that shit doesn't draw. Daniel Bryan was simply the first noteworthy example of this phenomenon. Triple H catering to the smarks was a terrible idea. It only served to swamp out many casual fans who can no longer relate to the current product. Now there are many "lapsed fans" like you and I who want to watch wrestling but can no longer stand what the WWE has to offer. We are the majority fanbase but Triple H foolishly favored the smarks over us. That's what empowered the smarks.

WWF/WWE always did way better when it catered primarily to a casual audience. Just look at the ratings that Raw and Smackdown were getting during the height of the Attitude Era. Nowadays, in the smark era, Raw and Smackdown often get abysmal ratings while AEW Dynamite is doing even worse. Wrestling now sucks because wrestling companies are caving in to what the smarks want rather than pushing what has always been known to draw with a casual audience.

That's probably why Vince sort of got upset with Taker when he finally had to retire because of how old he was getting. Vince wanted to keep using him for big events but Taker just couldn't do it anymore. I don't understand why Triple H favor those guys like Richochete though. I mean its not like he's the size of those guys, what is he trying to prove by pushing them? Granted they will never be champions, but once Reigns is done holding the titles and if Cody takes the belt, then you really have no one left to carry that company anymore. I use to hear people talk about how AEW was better than WWE but seeing guys like Chris Jericho trying to barely hang in there doesn't make those shows better. They even have Sting, he tries to coach that one guy that's a smaller version of him with the skull like painting on his face. Some reason they made him champion even though he doesn't look like one. Then when X-Pac came out it was just depressing...He's bald and looks drugged all out.

Back in those early days everyone had a favorite. My cousin was a huge Bret Heart fan, my brother liked Owen Heart. They definitely don't have those type of guys around anymore. So now I think what they try to do is make the smarks feel like the guys who look like themselves are whom they can relate to. Therefore we end up with a bunch of dorky mfers like that one guy the Miz was feuding with, that Johnny Gorgano clown. To make matters worse they mocked that Japanese Tosawa or however his name is spelled, they had him wrestle with one of the women wrestlers and she decimated his ass...Made the poor guy look like a fuckin fool. Whenever they have women vs male matches they find some guy that looks pitiful and then have him try to out wrestle women that end up humiliating him.

I don't understand why they do that but it happens often. I only remember once when women wrestled men seriously and that was back when Chyna was around but even then she never wrestled a guy that could actually beat her ass though. It's not like she went toe to toe with someone like Steve Austin, Kane, Booker T, Scott Stiener. I mean she was a fit woman and had muscle but still she use to wrestle nobodies in the ring when they had female vs male matches and I don't think no other female wrestler ever wrestled with males seriously in the WWE. When they do it nowadays it's always to humiliate some jobber. But that Japanese dude wasn't always a jobber though, when they had the 2.5 or whatever it was called where all those midget guys came from originally. He did at least out wrestle other guys. Now they have him getting humiliated by the female division. They never disrespected Tajiri like that, the Japanese guy from the attitude or ruthless era that use to spit the "poison" mist in people's faces before hitting them with a buzz saw kick.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

@WanderingProtagonist

Here's a video from Casual Que about how smarks ruined wrestling: