The Beauty of Theatre

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Mr. Mistoffelees
Freshman Poster

The Beauty of Theatre

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Darlings, I've always been a huge fan of the theatre and the arts. Since William Shakespeare all the way to modern theatrical productions I've always appreciated the talent and beauty which constitutes theatre! 😃

A controversial tidbit of information I'd like to share with y'all is that a lot of theatrical productions can be credited to either Jews or homosexuals. 🥺 sorry haters, but it's true 😌 Jews and homosexuals have contributed works of art and beauty to the stage over the years. This isn't just a fact of theatre either, but also in music and also cinema, two things closely tied with theatre.

UwU theatre is vastly unappreciated today, which saddens me greatly as I believe theatre is one of the greatest forms of human expression.

Oscar Wilde said about theatre: "I regard theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."

👏 👏 👏 so true 🥺

Ever since I saw the theatre production of CATS by Andrew Lloyd Webber I was so captivated and moved and inspired to get myself on the stage as well! To become an aspiring star who people could watch and admire and love. But alas, it appears it wasn't meant to be 😪 nevertheless! I will never give up my dream of taking the stage! I will cling to my vision with all the tenacity I can muster. Keep it bright; and not let the bread-and-butter side of life cloud my ideal or dim it.

CATS is an astounding piece. It truly speaks to your soul, as all great works of theatre should. The music! The choreography! All of it! I can't reiterate enough how much I love this y'all! Its based upon the 1939 poetry collection Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot.

I assume you are all familiar with the works of William Shakespeare? How could you not be and call yourself a man of distinction and culture? The curse of the "Scottish Play" is something which has always intrigued me, though I'm not particularly superstitious. In theatre saying the name of this play is considered bad luck. Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.... 🥺

What about Romeo and Juliet? Such a beautiful tale of love which ends in tragedy and despair! Two lovers who wanted desperately more than anything to be together and who were kept apart by the circumstances of their lives and their family feuds. In the end it shows that love is more powerful than hatred. That these two would rather die than live their lives without the other. 😢 I often lament that I have never been able to find this kind of love. Enduring love which is true and pure!

William Shakespeare is a master of the arts. An inspiration to all modern works of theatre and by far one of the most creative geniuses to have ever lived. Though he was probably gay and Anne Hathaway was probably a guy =^_^=

Theatre isn't there to provide answers. Only possibilities. I just ask the questions. But I believe hope comes from the fact that there is a potential for redemption. At the core, that's what matters in the theatre I'm attracted to. Do we dare to hope? Do we allow ourselves to hope? UwU
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: The Beauty of Theatre

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Shakespeare ruined my childhood. I had his plays forced on me for years through English class. I see nothing inspirational or exceptional about his work. Artists draw inspiration from all sorts of areas, so to attribute every artist's inspiration to the mundane work of one guy is a bit silly and idealistic.

I prefer Blackadder. And if I could travel back in time I would pay Shakespeare a visit to have the very same conversation as the clip above. f**k Shakespeare!
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
jeniferbet
Freshman Poster

Re: The Beauty of Theatre

Post by jeniferbet »

when I'm in the theater, everything becomes so magical, this music, this atmosphere, images, people, everything around is so organic - as if I was born here! I always dreamed of being an actress in the theater