Great Horror Movie Classics on YouTube!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Horror Movie Classics on YouTube!

Post by Winston »

1968 Abridged version of Haxan with English narration. 30 min shorter than the original Swedish version. Great film for @Neo lol <snicker>.

Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages (1968)

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this 1911 Italian silent film based on Dante's Infero with a modern score called "L'Inferno". It's supposedly the first full length Italian film ever made.

""L'Inferno" is a 1911 Italian silent film, loosely adapted from Dante Alighieri's 'The Divine Comedy'. "L'Inferno" took over three years to make, and was the first full-length Italian feature film ever made.
The score was performed live with the film on October 19th, 2016 at RUBA Club in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Recorded direct to 2-track stereo."

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Blood Moon (2014)

A wild west movie with a monster werewolf, a badass combination. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some great old BBC Ghost Story episodes by M. R. James, a great British ghost author. They are spooky without the need for any special effects. They don't make them like they used to. Many say these are scarier than modern ghost movies.

This one is supposed to be the best, called "Whistle and I'll Come To You". It's supposed to be a benchmark by which all ghost stories should be measured by. There's a 1968 version and 2010 version. See below.

1968 version

2010 version

drsigh
2 years ago
Simply dripping with atmosphere, this really is the benchmark by which every other supernatural film should be measured. And Michael Horden is wonderful.

Trance State
3 years ago
I love these, more intense,less shallow,without the blaring music of more modern productions
Here's another good one called "A Warning to the Curious" from 1972. It's supposed to have a lot of dread and atmosphere.

KillerFrank
6 months ago
For being under an hour this lovely little production produces more dread and spooky atmosphere than many feature films. I've watched this several times and it never fails to give me the chills.

JoeDnufc4life
9 months ago
This story is utterly gripping from start to finish. 1970's classic ghost film and Peter Vaughn plays the part very well. Without the special effects and sounds that you see in today's ghost shows , A warning to the curious really sends a shiver down the spine today as It did when it was first broadcast , love the chilling music and the William Ager bloke standing still in the distance really gave me the chills , also at the end when he is chasing mr paxman through the forest is also quite disturbing.
Playlist of more M. R. James ghost stories and BBC Christmas ghost stories.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 95Pb2gVf-I_

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some images and gifs of the scary banshee and death stagecoach from "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" that I saw as a child that scared the dickens out of me. Can you guys imagine this banshee and stagecoach coming for you? lol

http://watchinghorrorfilmsfrombehindthe ... ogill.html
It is at this point that one of the creepiest moments in a film about leprechauns occurs, and subsequently provides sustenance for nightmares all over the Emerald Isle: a spectral banshee materialises in an ominous storm over the cliffs and slowly floats towards Katie with the intent of claiming her soul… The banshee is all eerily billowing cloak and hair, and she keeps her most likely hideous face covered by weeping sinisterly into her hands…

Up until now the film was typical Disney fair: all dancing fairies and comical town drunks, however the suddenness with which it shifts tone is alarming, with barely enough time to thrust your hands over your eyes to avoid seeing the ever advancing banshee. Forget the overrated Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, this creepy character induces enough chills to freeze the tears of a distraught 7 year old.

If that wasn’t scary enough, along comes a death coach to claim poor old Darby, who has offered to take his daughter’s place in the afterlife. Yeah, NOW he decides to take some responsibility. How touching. In traditional Irish folklore, the death coach, or cóiste-bodhar, is driven by a ‘dullahan’ (that’s headless horseman to you and I). And this is Disney! Fear not though, there is a happy ending involving Sean Connery singing 'Pretty Irish Girl.'
More on the death coach and banshee in Irish legend and folklore.

https://www.yourirish.com/folklore/deat ... -ballyduff

https://www.yourirish.com/folklore/banshees-in-ireland

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, some great documentaries about Dracula for you.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Classic 1941 film called "The Wolf Man".

The Wolf Man (1941): After Larry purchases a silver-headed walking stick that represents a werewolf, he is attacked by a creature of folklore. He then transforms into a wolf every full moon and hunts for prey.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another good one.

Horror Express starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.

HORROR EXPRESS (1972) In 1906, in China, a British anthropologist discovers a frozen prehistoric creature and must transport it to Europe by train.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, another good one for you.

The City of the Dead (1960)

The City of the Dead (1960) A young college student arrives in a sleepy Massachusetts town to research witchcraft; during her stay at an eerie inn, she discovers a startling secret about the town and its inhabitants. Starring Christopher Lee.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
January 24th, 2021, 11:51 pm
Jamesbond, another good one for you.

The City of the Dead (1960)

The City of the Dead (1960) A young college student arrives in a sleepy Massachusetts town to research witchcraft; during her stay at an eerie inn, she discovers a startling secret about the town and its inhabitants. Starring Christopher Lee.

I really like this movie, I bought it on blu ray a couple of years ago. Christopher Lee is in the film and it's a well made horror movie.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a film from 1985 called, "Hellhole." Having witnessed her mother's brutal death, Susan (Judy Landers, Dr. Alien) gets amnesia from a fall while being pursued by the killer, Silk (Ray Sharkey, The Idolmaker). Awakening in Ashland Sanitarium, she is once again terrorized by Silk, disguised as an orderly.

To pry an incriminating secret from Susan's brain, Silk forms an uneasy alliance with Dr. Fletcher (Mary Woronov, Rock 'n' Roll High School), a psychotic scientist who has been testing a new lobotomy technique, using helpless inmates as her guinea pigs. These vicious experiments are carried out in the "Hellhole," a torture den awaiting Susan as its next victim.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is another clip from the movie, "Hellhole."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, you will love this one.

Evilspeak (1981)

An outcast military cadet taps into a way to summon demons and cast spells on his tormentors through his computer.

Trailer

Full Movie:

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/evilspeak-1981

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow Jamesbond, check out this 1963 horror film starring Jack Nicholson and Boris Karloff called "The Terror". Look how young Nicholson looked in it. Wow. Full film below.

Description:

The ghostly apparition of a young woman is witnessed by an 18th Century French Lieutenant in Napoleon's army. After two failed attempts to keep up with her, Lt. Andre Duvalier (Nicholson) heads to the castle of Baron Von Leppe (Karloff), where he notices a painting of the Baron's late wife Ilsa, who looks identical to the ghostly woman. Duvalier is now determined to unravel the castle's mystery, and the Baron's hidden secrets. Though officially credited to Roger Corman, The Terror had a total of five collaborative directors, including Nicholson himself, and Francis Ford Coppola.

Directors: Roger Corman, Francis Ford Coppola
Writers: Leo Gordon, Jack Hill
Starring: Boris Karloff, Jack Nicholson, Sandra Knight, Dick Miller, Dorothy Neumann, Jonathan Haze

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 8:28 am
Wow Jamesbond, check out this 1963 horror film starring Jack Nicholson and Boris Karloff called "The Terror". Look how young Nicholson looked in it. Wow. Full film below.

Description:

The ghostly apparition of a young woman is witnessed by an 18th Century French Lieutenant in Napoleon's army. After two failed attempts to keep up with her, Lt. Andre Duvalier (Nicholson) heads to the castle of Baron Von Leppe (Karloff), where he notices a painting of the Baron's late wife Ilsa, who looks identical to the ghostly woman. Duvalier is now determined to unravel the castle's mystery, and the Baron's hidden secrets. Though officially credited to Roger Corman, The Terror had a total of five collaborative directors, including Nicholson himself, and Francis Ford Coppola.

Directors: Roger Corman, Francis Ford Coppola
Writers: Leo Gordon, Jack Hill
Starring: Boris Karloff, Jack Nicholson, Sandra Knight, Dick Miller, Dorothy Neumann, Jonathan Haze

I saw this movie a few years ago, it was pretty good. I believe it was Jack Nicholson's first film that he acted in.