Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

My current favorite movie is Falling Down.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:My current favorite movie is Falling Down.
Why? The ending of that movie was stupid and cliched. The antihero was villainized unfairly too. And he did something stupid at the end too, whereas in the rest of the movie, he was brilliant. He could have gotten away but he did something stupid to get caught. Typical Hollywood. The ending was very disappointing and could have been better. It ended up having a typical cliched ending, even if the premise was good. It also vilified men.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:Why? The ending of that movie was stupid and cliched. The antihero was villainized unfairly too. And he did something stupid at the end too, whereas in the rest of the movie, he was brilliant. He could have gotten away but he did something stupid to get caught. Typical Hollywood. The ending was very disappointing and could have been better. It ended up having a typical cliched ending, even if the premise was good. It also vilified men.
The ending is flawed, but he was doomed and he should have been killed in the ending. The movie isn't perfect, but I found a lot of scenes very satisfying.
johnnyderp
Freshman Poster

Post by johnnyderp »

Winston wrote:Have any of you seen these? They look interesting.

Deliverance (1972)

Intent on seeing the Cahulawassee River before it's turned into one huge lake, outdoor fanatic Lewis Medlock takes his friends on a river-rafting trip they'll never forget into the dangerous American back-country.
This sounds very interesting.

For those who enjoy foreign films, one of my favourites is The Lives of Others, about life in East Germany under the Stasi.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Winston wrote:Have any of you ever seen "The Stepford Wives"? Either the original or remake? The plot sounds very interesting.
I've seen both. The original is great. And, you can see where the Feminist meme "I don't want to be a Stepford wife" comes from.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Deliverance (1972)

Intent on seeing the Cahulawassee River before it's turned into one huge lake, outdoor fanatic Lewis Medlock takes his friends on a river-rafting trip they'll never forget into the dangerous American back-country.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/
This one is an "absolute must see." You'll never forget it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Why? The ending of that movie was stupid and cliched. The antihero was villainized unfairly too. And he did something stupid at the end too, whereas in the rest of the movie, he was brilliant. He could have gotten away but he did something stupid to get caught.
Gotten away to what? He had no money, no prospects and no future. Perhaps he could have dusted off some more of the scum, but that seems to have been not really what he was about in the first place. It just happened. The only thing I don't like about the movie was the way he turned on that military surplus store guy. Sure the guy was not that likeable as a person, but he had the right idea.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

odbo wrote:winston black swan is lesbian programming and will push more young woman into dysfunctional lives than basically any single thing released in the last 20 years. i'd rather have a car accident than watch that evil

if a film has good reviews from mainstream (corrupt) critics it's more of a reason to avoid it

i recommend something..

turn off your tv, don't watch anything you can't control (so only internet and netflix) and ram your head into the wall every time you even think about going to the 'cinema' and giving more money to the whore house that is hollywood. these new "3d" films are even more dangerous because the audience can be implanted with things they can't even detect. there's some great quotes from cameron and the like about this. it's the next generation for subliminals and neuro linguistic programming.

*yes i see that almost subliminal scene at 2:19 of some contrails (used to normalize chemtrails)
Yes. Much sumbliminal programming of the masses going on. They don't observe any boundaries in this regard. Protect yourselves.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendati

Post by In2dadark »

Winston wrote: to help her had a diabolic plot of his own all along.

Exorcismus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1322306/
Checking this one out.

Between Project Free TV & other sources, you can find pretty much anything online for free. f**k Netflix. Too many commercials. Any football, including redzone or other sporting event, series or movie can be had online w/o paying anything. Let me know if anyone needs links.

I like Glann Gary, Glenn Ross as a go to classic & Tin Men as well; being a salesman by trade, I like those type of movies. (fingers are not working. WTF).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here is an Australian prison movie which shows that is possible to stand up to abusive authority even in a seemly hopeless position. It is interesting in that it poses the question of how to deal with bullies when they have the upper hand. BTW, it goes without saying that the real life person the main character is based on was a complete POS who deserved everything he got, but that is not the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJthsJo6Fk
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pandabear wrote:

Deliverance (1972)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068473/
This one is an "absolute must see." You'll never forget it.
I just saw it. Rock mentioned it in a post about small towns, so I got curious about it. It was very strange, unrealistic and nonsensical. The guys' actions didn't make sense. Why did he climb that huge cliff for hours just to shoot an innocent man? They could have just taken off and floated down the river. There's no way they could be followed on foot by their pursuers.

And why would an innocent hunter be standing over a cliff with a rifle and looking down if he was not trying to kill them? How could Burt Reynolds hitting rocks in the rapids cause his leg bone to come out. That makes no sense. Rocks would break your bones internally, not make them bulge out.

Also, why did they not tell the cops where they left Drew's body? There was no reason to cover that up. Nothing they did made any sense. And also, small town hicks do not grab random guys and sexually abuse them. Really stupid. Nothing made any sense.

"Southern Comfort", which was a similar plot, was much more entertaining than this.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Yeah, but when someone yells "Squeal like a Pig!" you'll have that image carved into your brain.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:Have any of you ever seen "The Stepford Wives"? Either the original or remake? The plot sounds very interesting.
I just watched it. Finally a conspiracy theory that makes sense. The movie was okay, not great.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Some that I will recommend, with a religious theme:

Dogma

The Last Temptation of Christ

The Man from Earth

Saved

Citizen Ruth

Marjoe

The Holy Mountain

Orgazmo

Agora

Virgin
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If you like movies with an international theme, Lord of War is quite interesting.