Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 3:32 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 3:16 am
Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 2:51 am
November 8th, 2020, 2:41 am
Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 2:27 am
Christianity is not a departure from reason and logic. As I've implied before, God is the source of true wisdom. It is just that the logic, reasoning and wisdom that those who don't believe in the God of the Bible have, is not aligned with Christianity.
I'm glad you posted this because it is an example of the mangled thinking I referred to.

So to you, anything is logical so long as you interpret it as "wisdom from god?"

Sounds like you would benefit from a course in philosophy because your mental gymnastics are anything but logical, but empty rationalizations.
Actually I am a fan of philosophy and wisdom. In any case, you have your beliefs and I have mine.
Correct, and your Christian beliefs are just plain false. I would not have a problem with that if it were not for your constant attempts to draw others into that brain-rotting, cultish mentality.
Some times a person has to agree to disagree in the interests of interpersonal peace and mutual respect. There are many beliefs and opinions that I read online which I find downright insulting, but it doesn't matter to me one bit; at least not enough to even mention it. I know that each person is entitled to believe what he or she wants to believe, even if I personally dislike their opinion. I don't find a need to dislike the person either. I have other interests.
Who are you trying to kid? It drives you mad that I don't agree with your wacky religious views. You're just virtue signaling about it which is fake.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

November 8th, 2020, 3:44 am
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 2:41 am

I'm glad you posted this because it is an example of the mangled thinking I referred to.

So to you, anything is logical so long as you interpret it as "wisdom from god?"

Sounds like you would benefit from a course in philosophy because your mental gymnastics are anything but logical, but empty rationalizations.
Actually I am a fan of philosophy and wisdom. In any case, you have your beliefs and I have mine.
Correct, and your Christian beliefs are just plain false. I would not have a problem with that if it were not for your constant attempts to draw others into that brain-rotting, cultish mentality.
Some times a person has to agree to disagree in the interests of interpersonal peace and mutual respect. There are many beliefs and opinions that I read online which I find downright insulting, but it doesn't matter to me one bit; at least not enough to even mention it. I know that each person is entitled to believe what he or she wants to believe, even if I personally dislike their opinion. I don't find a need to dislike the person either. I have other interests.
Who are you trying to kid? It drives you mad that I don't agree with your wacky religious views. You're just virtue signaling about it which is fake.
You assume that I am interested in you. I am not. Usually I don't respond when you mention me.

But as I say, a person can believe whatever he wishes to believe.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 3:52 am
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:

You assume that I am interested in you. I am not. Usually I don't respond when you mention me.

I would hope not! I am not into guys at all.

But saying a person can believe whatever he wishes to believe is part of the problem. I can believe that the sky is pink, but that does not make it TRUE! You can believe your Christian cult nonsense all you wish, but that does not make it TRUE!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

November 8th, 2020, 4:13 am
Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 3:52 am
Neo wrote:

I would hope not! I am not into guys at all.

But saying a person can believe whatever he wishes to believe is part of the problem. I can believe that the sky is pink, but that does not make it TRUE! You can believe your Christian cult nonsense all you wish, but that does not make it TRUE!
True or false, I do not care what you believe. I seek to evangelize those who seek God. I don't seek to evangelize those who truly are not interested in Him.

I also have no need to seek validation from online strangers. Neither do I need their approval. Therefore no need to signal virtue.

There is only one person I am truly concerned about, whose opinion matters to me, and that is God.

If you don't like Christianity, that's fine with me. That is really between you and God. I have nothing to do with it. I don't hate you for it. I don't belittle you for it. I don't seek to hate on you for it. I don't call you out for it. I don't mention your name when I talk to others about those who don't believe in God. None of that comes from me.

Live your life. I don't criticize you on any level. I am concerned with my own godliness not yours. And I will live mine, God willing. Another person can judge me, but what's that to me? He didn't make me, doesn't feed me, doesn't provide anything for me. Besides that, everyone has an opinion, and lots of them make little sense. That's not my concern.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 4:31 am
I seek to evangelize those who seek God. I don't seek to evangelize those who truly are not interested in Him.
Ridiculous. You no more have any ACTUAL knowledge of god than anyone else in the world. Just because you've been taught (or programmed) with Christian nonsense, does not make you some authority on god and how people can know him/her/it!
Neo wrote: I also have no need to seek validation from online strangers. Neither do I need their approval. Therefore no need to signal virtue.
Then why do you do it constantly? You virtue signaled in the paragraph above as if anyone here believes you are qualified or empowered to evangelize or put people in contact with god. THAT is virtue-signaling of the highest order.
Neo wrote: There is only one person I am truly concerned about, whose opinion matters to me, and that is God.
So god is a person now? And that opinion is a sick one because you should be concerned about the harm you do to people by spewing your Christian filth. That you don't is a clear indication that you're a religious nut stuck in a cult.
Neo wrote: If you don't like Christianity, that's fine with me. That is really between you and God. I have nothing to do with it. I don't hate you for it. I don't belittle you for it. I don't seek to hate on you for it. I don't call you out for it. I don't mention your name when I talk to others about those who don't believe in God. None of that comes from me.
If you are brainwashed with toxic Christianity, that's fine with me. That is really between you and the devil.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

November 8th, 2020, 5:24 am
Neo wrote:
November 8th, 2020, 4:31 am
I seek to evangelize those who seek God. I don't seek to evangelize those who truly are not interested in Him.
Ridiculous. You no more have any ACTUAL knowledge of god than anyone else in the world. Just because you've been taught (or programmed) with Christian nonsense, does not make you some authority on god and how people can know him/her/it!
Neo wrote: I also have no need to seek validation from online strangers. Neither do I need their approval. Therefore no need to signal virtue.
Then why do you do it constantly? You virtue signaled in the paragraph above as if anyone here believes you are qualified or empowered to evangelize or put people in contact with god. THAT is virtue-signaling of the highest order.
Neo wrote: There is only one person I am truly concerned about, whose opinion matters to me, and that is God.
So god is a person now? And that opinion is a sick one because you should be concerned about the harm you do to people by spewing your Christian filth. That you don't is a clear indication that you're a religious nut stuck in a cult.
Neo wrote: If you don't like Christianity, that's fine with me. That is really between you and God. I have nothing to do with it. I don't hate you for it. I don't belittle you for it. I don't seek to hate on you for it. I don't call you out for it. I don't mention your name when I talk to others about those who don't believe in God. None of that comes from me.
If you are brainwashed with toxic Christianity, that's fine with me. That is really between you and the devil.
:|
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This is the kind of movie that @Contrarian Expatriate would love you all to see about the consequences of marriage. lol

@Yohan is this how most Japanese marriages are? lol

Wife (1953) [Japanese]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046468/

Storyline
Tokyo. Mihoko and Toichi Nakagawa's ten year marriage is crumbling out of inertia. Each knows the other isn't happy, they themselves aren't happy, but they don't talk about their problems with each other, each festering in their unhappiness largely so that they will not show especially to their three boarders their problems. Mihiko in particular, old fashioned in her outlook, does not see divorce as an option, that move which would be a stigma she could not tolerate. Both are seemingly oblivious to the fact that others around them are facing similar if not worse situations, and that they themselves are largely the cause of their unhappiness. Things for their marriage get worse when Toichi starts to fall for his work colleague, widowed Fusako Sagara, who returns his affections.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New movie about the medieval war between Ukraine and Eastern Europe vs. the unstoppable Mongolian Empire. Wow this period has never been dramatized before I don't think.

The Rising Hawk (2019)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7439064/

The Mongol Empire had grown to the largest the world had ever known. It's armies now laid siege to much of Eastern Europe. A small village fights for freedom in the frontier landscape of the Carpathian Mountains.

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-rising-hawk-2019

Trailer

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Very funny movie, "Don't tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead."

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow guys. You will love this one. It looks so rad. The colors are so vivid! lol. See the trailer on IMDB below. It's better than the one on YouTube. The colors are so vivid, using 1960s Technicolor which looks better than what they use today.

The Love Witch (2016)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3908142/?ref_=vp_back

A modern-day witch uses spells and magic to get men to fall in love with her, in a tribute to 1960s Technicolor melodramas.

Download link
https://yts.mx/movies/the-love-witch-2016

Synopsis
Elaine, a beautiful young witch, is determined to find a man to love her. In her gothic Victorian apartment she makes spells and potions, and then picks up men and seduces them. However her spells work too well, and she ends up with a string of hapless victims. When she finally meets the man of her dreams, her desperation to be loved will drive her to the brink of insanity and murder. With a visual style that pays tribute to Technicolor thrillers of the 1970s, THE LOVE WITCH explores female fantasy and the repercussions of pathological narcissism.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyone remember this cult classic from 1986? lol. It has it all and is a lot of fun. It was rerun on HBO, Showtime and Cinemax many times. It's by John Carpenter and probably Kurt Russell's best movie.

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/

Movie Reviews
Reviewed by dosriosstudios 8 / 10

Cult Classic

Simply a great cult classic. I saw it when it first came out in 85-86 and thought it was hysterical. I recently watched it again and I still got a lot of laughs. Overall, I really appreciate John Carpenter and Kurt Russell's work in this movie. It was definitely ahead of its time. It has humor, great kung fu (homage to the genre before it was cool), Chinese mysticism, great special effects, and most importantly it never took itself seriously. :-)

I have to agree with the commentary on the DVD, you either love this movie, or you have "never" seen it.

Rent this movie if you are looking for good light fun.

Download link
https://yts.mx/movies/big-trouble-in-little-china-1986

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a good movie from 1946 called, "Dragonwyck." It stars Vincent Price and Gene Tierney. For Miranda Wells (Gene Tierney), moving to New York to live in Dragonwyck Manor with her rich cousin, Nicholas (Vincent Price), seems like a dream. However, the situation gradually becomes nightmarish.
Her relationship with Nicholas intensifies after his wife dies, but his mental imbalance threatens any hope of happiness.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The whole epic masterpieces Dances with Wolves is now on YouTube for free, but with ads. It looks like an official legal upload. So YouTube is now allowing whole movies with ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awXn-EHhC_w

Rewarded for his heroism in the Civil War, Lt. John Dunbar (Kevin Costner) wants to see the American frontier before it is gone. He is assigned to an abandoned fort, where a Sioux tribe is his only neighbor. Overcoming the language barrier and their mutual fear and distrust, Dunbar and the proud Indians gradually become friends. Eventually, he falls in love with the beautiful Stands With a Fist (Mary McDonnell) a white woman raised by the tribe.

Quco
Freshman Poster

Post by Quco »

Knives Out - 9/10!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

"The Big Short" 2015

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs