Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Post by Winston »

Some great films featuring virus pandemic scenarios.

The Andromeda Strain
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066769/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Contagion
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Trailer

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just saw Contagion.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

It was made in 2011. It also features a coronavirus that spreads all over the world and started when a bat virus got mixed with a pig virus. It also started in hong kong too.

Wow. What an amazing coincidence that that exact scenario actually happened this year. What are the odds?

Is this predictive programming? Or precognition by screen writers? Like that Titanic story written in 1898?

Also at the end of the movie the only solution was vaccines. Surprise surprise.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FastMaster wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 9:58 pm
I rarely watched movies before but now I watch movies more often in quarantine for example here I found the film COVID-19 www.123movies.haus How is it?
I didn't know there was already a documentary about it. You mean this one?

https://www.123m0vies.haus/pandemic-covid-19/watching/

It's 45 minutes. I guess it's worth seeing.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FastMaster wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 9:58 pm
I rarely watched movies before but now I watch movies more often in quarantine for example here I found the film COVID-19 www.123movies.haus How is it?
I didn't know there was already a documentary about it. You mean this one?

https://www.123m0vies.haus/pandemic-covid-19/watching/

It's 45 minutes. I guess it's worth seeing.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the trailer for the 2020 movie "Fantasy Island" based on the 80's TV series, but is more of a dark comedy horror type of film, not like the lighthearted original series. There's supposed to be a big twist in it too. The trailer looks good too. Check it out.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983946/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If there are any kung fu fans here, you might like to know that a new Ip Man movie is out, starring Donnie Yen again. This time there is Bruce Lee in it. It's called Ip Man 4: The Finale. This time he fights some American military guy. See the trailers below. They look pretty rad.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076298/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Trailers

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you seen the movie "Zorba the Greek"? It was recommended to me. It's a 1964 film that shows the passion, soul and freespirit of Mediterraneans. It's about an English writer who is very prim and proper meets a wildly passionate freespirited gregarious Greek miner in Crete and forms a friendship with him. You can see a lot of the European attitude and passionate soul in it, which is nothing like uptight serious Americans. Here's a clip from it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057831/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

mobdroportugal
Freshman Poster

Post by mobdroportugal »

There are a lot of famous movies here and they are welcomed by the audience.I'm also a big fan of watching movies everyday.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these funny comments about the new movie "Call of the Wild" starring Harrison Ford. The second comment is hilarious, especially the last line. LOL

https://yts.mx/movie/the-call-of-the-wild-2020
Reviewed by jeppeh-45-168564 5 / 10
Why do we always have to check boxes?
Really? How many black mushers were there, with Inuit girlfriends, back in the 1800's. I'm so tired of classic remakes, where the main priority is to show how "culturally diverse" we have become. Just stick to the original script; is that too much to ask?

Reviewed by freonicusmaximus 1 / 10
Dear Hollywood...
Stop trying to PC everything. If you'd made an actual authentic film here, it would have sold like gangbusters. But instead you drop in an African American guy and Asian lady as Francois and Perrault and a CG dog as Buck for Christ's sake. A CG DOG in a classic such as this is insulting. You liberal idiots ruin everything. I hope California breaks off into the Ocean soon.
Trailer

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I haven't seen Robo Cop since I saw it in 1987 at the theatre and that movie kinda predicted what direction we were going.

It's one of the best SCI FI movies ever made probably....
Time to Hide!
andrewfitzpatrick
Freshman Poster

Post by andrewfitzpatrick »

New pick for most bizarre Kung Fu movie I've seen. I didn't look at the title of it and just clicked it when I saw the channel that posted it. Had I saw the title I wouldn't have been as shocked as I was from the opening scene.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:
May 15th, 2020, 6:19 pm
I haven't seen Robo Cop since I saw it in 1987 at the theatre and that movie kinda predicted what direction we were going.

It's one of the best SCI FI movies ever made probably....
That was one of the greatest movies of the 80's. Very gory, but a masterpiece. It's one of those movies where every scene is memorable and a classic and worth discussing and rewatching. Very few films are worth rewatching. Especially action flicks. The satire and black comedy in it was first rate and priceless. I remember every great scene in it still. It was also great allegory the way it revealed how the top echelons of law enforcement and organized crime are in cahoots, because they need each other to survive and get funding, so they have to cooperate and work together at the top. Sad, but true. That's how the real corrupt secretive world works.

Remember the last scene? It was hella rad.

"Dick you're fired!"
"Thank you" Robocop then shoots Dick Jones and he falls out of the skyscraper window all the way to the bottom.
"Good shooting officer. What's your name?"
"Murphy"
Cut. End credits and soundtrack roll.

Remember that? Wasn't that an awesome way to end a masterpiece movie? Very few action flicks are masterpieces like this.

Btw, the soundtrack of Robocop was one of the best wasn't it? See below.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I haven't watched Robo C since 87 as stated, I remember when I saw it it was a classic and very funny but there were alot of good movies at the time so I did not realize then how great it was.

I brought that up because I just ordered the BR directors cut because some people are saying it's the most relevant movie of the last 30 years because how the world is looking as of late....
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What is the BR directors cut? What movie are you referring to? What does BR stand for?

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Winston wrote:
May 18th, 2020, 6:51 pm
What is the BR directors cut? What movie are you referring to? What does BR stand for?
Blade Runner. One of the very best science fiction movies of all time.