Mail Order Feminism

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Mail Order Feminism

Post by pandabear »

Interesting point-of-view, free download.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm? ... id=2311313

Abstract:
Increasingly, working class and lower class men are unable to marry. As their financial prospects have declined, so has their marriageability. American women, whose financial and educational prospects have improved during this same period, are now rejecting relationships with men they no longer view as their equals and this trend is creating a large class of unwilling bachelors. Mail order marriage provides a solution. Mail order marriages provide men with a pathway to marriage and, contrary to popular stereotypes, these marriages are also beneficial for the women.

This article will show that assumptions about spousal abuse in mail order marriages are unsupported and that U.S. law provides effective protections for mail order brides. Moreover, this article will show how, rather than attracting vulnerable and desperate women, mail order marriages empower women. In fact, this article will argue that these foreign brides should be recognized as feminists and not victims. In addition, this article will examine American’s widespread aversion to mail order marriages and consider what this reaction says about modern perceptions of love and marriage.

A rare feminist perspective that isn't totally deranged for a change.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Here concluding sentences:

The argument of mail order marriage advocates is simply that it is time to
stop demonizing these unions and recognize their potential benefits. Mail order
marriages provide options to men and women who find their domestic marriage
opportunities limited and disempowering. These marriages give participants a
way of reasserting control and finding a fulfilling, if unconventional, route to
marriage.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

There is no such thing as a "mail order marriage or mail order brides" ,etc. It does not exist. You can't "order" a bride. It's a terrible term manufactured by media.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

marklambo wrote:There is no such thing as a "mail order marriage or mail order brides" ,etc. It does not exist. You can't "order" a bride. It's a terrible term manufactured by media.
Exactly, it's used as shaming language to paint men who seek out foreign brides as losers. I saw an episode of Dr. Phil where he was bashing men who want to marry foreign women as using "mail order bride" services.

Of course, the women in the audience hated the men on stage who went overseas to find a wife, calling them "desperate" and "losers who can't meet women in America."
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

jamesbond wrote:
marklambo wrote:There is no such thing as a "mail order marriage or mail order brides" ,etc. It does not exist. You can't "order" a bride. It's a terrible term manufactured by media.
Exactly, it's used as shaming language to paint men who seek out foreign brides as losers. I saw an episode of Dr. Phil where he was bashing men who want to marry foreign women as using "mail order bride" services.

Of course, the women in the audience hated the men on stage who went overseas to find a wife, calling them "desperate" and "losers who can't meet women in America."
And it's usually the ugly, obese, and expired women that are the ones complaining. When men choose quality foreign women instead of them, the first reaction they give is saying that the men are desperate. In actuality...it's the other way around. It is desperation if the men are chasing those AW feminists.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Novem
Freshman Poster

Post by Novem »

Definitely rare to get a feminist take on this that does not resort to the usual demonization and shaming. This was actually very refreshing. Wish more women could pursue their own happiness without the need to attack someone else for finding their own happiness outside of 'what they are supposed to do'.

Even so, I don't expect this to become a mainstream opinion anytime soon. Too many segments of the current female population are going to get banished to eternal solitude if all men woke up. It is sacrilege for men to not settle for the females that were ignoring them up until they were used up and emotionally damaged goods. America and the rest of western society raised these women with entitlement complexes and the majority of them will character assassinate any male who isn't following the script.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

marklambo wrote:And it's usually the ugly, obese, and expired women that are the ones complaining. When men choose quality foreign women instead of them, the first reaction they give is saying that the men are desperate. In actuality...it's the other way around. It is desperation if the men are chasing those AW feminists.
Your right Mark, the women that were complaining on Dr. Phil's show were women who were overweight, middle aged and unattractive. They were using shaming language like, "what guy has to go to Russia to find a wife?" Another woman said, "Only guys who are losers with women in his own country would resort to using mail order bride services."

I wish I could go on a show like that, I would put those Anglo bitches in their place. I would explain to them, men in America are fed with the overweight, unattractive and unfeminine women of America and that's why they are going overseas to find a wife. 8)
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

The author has some rather impressive credentials.

http://law.sc.edu/faculty/zug/
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

For a "standard" Feminist take on things:

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2010/09/3 ... ern-woman/