Help me design a dating site

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Help me design a dating site

Post by fschmidt »

I have been working on and off on developing an international dating service. My original idea was to make a mobile app with language translation built in. I worked on this with my partner and we both hated app development (Android and iOS). We got distracted with another project and looked for an app programmer to take over the dating service. While this was happening, Skype announced that they would include language translation.

http://rt.com/news/214875-skype-real-time-translation/

With this, it seemed pointless to invest a lot of effort in developing language translation for our app, so we put the whole thing on hold.

I believe that international dating will really take off when video language translation becomes widely available. I would like to be part of this. My idea now is just to make an international dating website where users can exchange contact info, like skype ID or some other chat ID, and then they can communicate outside the site. This is very easy for me to implement.

My problem with this business is that I am married and so not a user of these kinds of sites. I need at least one serious user of dating sites to work with me on designing this. If I find someone who can help me with design, then I will go forward with this. If not, I will drop it. So please let me know if you are interested in this.
clarkelewis
Freshman Poster

Re: Help me design a dating site

Post by clarkelewis »

Hello! You have found your person! It sounds like you really wanted to do this but received no interest from anyone which suprises me. It seems a lot of guys want to complain, this was a great way to change things in our favor. I knew about the SKype translation, but I wasn't sure how to leverage it. You are right, international dating will take off with video translation. I will tell you the only site one I know who is doing it is AsianDate.com. Very few members on the China side have videos. These guys are slick because I think they hit extract the money the money from women men from both sides.

I was chatting with a women from Columbia and she told me they take money from her checking account each month. Cherrybloossoms.com does not charge the women to post ads, but charges men to be a member and send messages. It is mostly Filipina women. They also offer a instant chat for memebers.

I've been on the sites since last year and it burns me up how they just use men as cash registers. Even AFA is just as criminal from the writing letters standpoint. I don't know about the socials. This is something I really want to do because I feel there are men and ladies all over the world that want to connect and find love. If you think we can pull this off and all in! Another idea would be to start a "real" international dating blog that is not "be-holden" to their advertisers. If you design prototype app, I think we may be able to do some crowdfunding to really blow it out.
I seen what people will throw money at and this should generate some interest. As you can see, I have a lot of ideas. I look forward to working with you on this.

Regards,

Ronald C. lewis
optionstrader4ever@yahoo.com
clarkelewis
Freshman Poster

Re: Help me design a dating site

Post by clarkelewis »

Hello! You have found your person! It sounds like you really wanted to do this but received no interest from anyone which suprises me. It seems a lot of guys want to complain, this was a great way to change things in our favor. I knew about the SKype translation, but I wasn't sure how to leverage it. You are right, international dating will take off with video translation. I will tell you the only site one I know who is doing it is AsianDate.com. Very few members on the China side have videos. These guys are slick because I think they hit extract the money the money from women men from both sides.

I was chatting with a women from Columbia and she told me they take money from her checking account each month. Cherrybloossoms.com does not charge the women to post ads, but charges men to be a member and send messages. It is mostly Filipina women. They also offer a instant chat for memebers.

I've been on the sites since last year and it burns me up how they just use men as cash registers. Even AFA is just as criminal from the writing letters standpoint. I don't know about the socials. This is something I really want to do because I feel there are men and ladies all over the world that want to connect and find love. If you think we can pull this off and all in! Another idea would be to start a "real" international dating blog that is not "be-holden" to their advertisers. If you design prototype app, I think we may be able to do some crowdfunding to really blow it out.
I seen what people will throw money at and this should generate some interest. As you can see, I have a lot of ideas. I look forward to working with you on this.

Regards,

Ronald C. lewis
optionstrader4ever@yahoo.com