Why did Flirtation become Taboo in America after 1990 but was Normal/Acceptable before?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Why did Flirtation become Taboo in America after 1990 but was Normal/Acceptable before?

Post by Winston »

New upload!

Winston asks a taboo question that no one dares to touch: Why was flirtation in America normal and acceptable before the early 1990's but became a taboo, transgression, creepy and a form of harassment after that? And why is flirtation still acceptable in saner foreign countries like Brazil, Colombia, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia, Philippines, Thailand, etc? And why does no one dare to touch this question or bring attention to it? Why is it an even bigger taboo than anti-semitism? Yet this should be an important topic because natural flirtation between men and women is an important part of life a fun joyful part of the courting process.

Great comment below my video. So true.

"Erik Fraser
Remember the 90's--- when every single "Movie Of the Week" was about the threat of rape/ harassment/ stalking / murder by some chad? Yes, the programming really started there. Since that time it's been a focus on some magical and malicious combination of 'empowerment' (superiority) themes."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why did Flirtation become Taboo in America after 1990 but was Normal/Acceptable before?

Post by Winston »

Long comments by Dan Cilley below my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJRniVIyPM

"Daniel Cilley
4 hours ago
I was born in California and have lived here my whole life, and I have approached women in public and I have found that a very high percentage of them get creeped out easily. I have had managers kick me out of places, the police called, etc.

But if a tourist woman is in the same environment, but happens to be a tourist from another country, she will be very, very likely to be friendly and totally receptive and appreciative of any attention you are giving her. I proved this in videos where I recorded myself from a first-person view approaching women in Downtown L.A.

When a woman likes you, she will come up to you, even if you are filming her. She will look at you like you are a celebrity, and she will be smiling, giggling, etc. She won't take her eyes off of you.

But in Downtown L.A., and in Los Angeles County in general, the women who have been there for at least awhile will usually be totally closed to meeting strangers. They treat you as though you are a homeless bum asking for spare change.

But it is more than just the woman ignoring you--they seem to have a need to destroy you. They have somehow developed a hate for men. They cannot graciously appreciate attention from a man and politely reject him, but rather, they have a desire to make him out to be a terrible person as though what he has done is criminal, exactly like what Winston is saying. I have experienced this over and over in L.A. but also in the northern part of the SF bay area.

If she doesn't think you are a celebrity or a high-status male, if a more dominant or powerful man is in the vicinity or within easy access such as the police via calling 911, the woman will gravitate toward that authority to verify if your behavior is approved. So, if you are by yourself, this will probably happen.

If you are young and not very well-read or experienced on this subject, you will probably think I am joking, and you will not relate to what Winston is saying--but this is totally true, how women proactively try to ruin an innocent man who just is trying to introduce himself to her, to attempt to engage in a normal natural dating process. He is just trying to do what should be socially accepted as normal and natural, but some evil force has grown within society and women, and now, what is normal and natural is not accepted and embraced and celebrated by society anymore.

Day by day, the truth is being revealed regarding the evil mainstream media. I think what has happened is, people have been conditioned by the media--and they believe what has been programmed into them.

Due to movies, cable TV, VHS player, pop culture, magazines, etc., women have been aware of Hollywood celebrities and they probably think that attracting a celebrity is within reach for them, even if for a short encounter. Only if you look like a celebrity, and have a friend with you at least, would an American woman take you seriously in person.

The amount of potential a man has to stimulate a woman's brain is very low. Since the legalization of weed, combined with the popularization of dating apps, women only settle for the absolute highest-value men. They don't need a man to relieve loneliness, because they have social media 24/7 for that. There is so much junk food, caffeine, entertainment, etc. available, that a man is not worth much anymore.

The only way this situation is going to improve in the short-run is if you go to a entirely different location where women have much less access to stimulation--less population and a smaller men/women ratio, no fast food, no convenience stores, no restaurants, no tobacco, alcohol, weed, drugs, prescription medication, TV, music, movies, internet, radio, etc.

Due to all this stimulation, I think a lot of women have developed a masochism, a need to be abused, humiliated, and physically battered even. This is why American women value "bad boys."

When a nice guy approaches them, it makes them angry and nauseous, because they cannot feel pleasure at all from merely a man approaching them--the cumulative effect of all the stimulation makes the woman numb to all normally pleasurable stimuli, and only pain feels novel enough to evoke some kind of pleasure within her. This explains why negging hot women supposedly works.

It's sick though--what type of person would want to be negative, cynical, sarcastic, sadistic, etc.? It is not natural to be that way.

We need to enforce monogamy or something, because society is becoming increasingly imbalanced, and people are unhappy and barely surviving. I think soon there is going to be an awakening and acceptance about all this, and women are going to be brought back down to Earth, men will be respected, people will be less spoiled, etc."

"Daniel Cilley
3 hours ago
@Thomas It is extremely rare in person in L.A. This place has a very bad vibe. There is like a dark, evil energy field that is everywhere here that is like a weight that is always on your shoulders, stressing you. You can't express yourself. You can't really even speak out loud because people don't appreciate a man speaking. You rarely hear men speaking here in a joyful way.

When restaurant dining was open, it was extremely rare for anyone to initiate a conversation with me. Women don't look at you. And if you approach women, the way they treat you is so negative usually, that it is so depressing and makes you hate where you live and you want to move to a place where the women are better, nicer people.

I have not been abroad, but I videoconferenced with many Filipina girls in 2015 and, many men may not even understand what it feels like to talk to a happy, joyful, feminine girl who accepts you and embraces you--it is seriously a life-changing experience. It is hard to explain this, because you have to feel it to know how it feels, but the love of a good, healthy, feminine woman will take the weight off of your shoulders and you will be on cloud nine, seriously. You will love life and have unlimited enthusiasm. You will suddenly love yourself, even though you haven't changed. You will feel free. You will feel like you are flying.

You can't flirt with women in the U.S.A. because they do not receive attention as pleasurable usually. They always act like you are not good enough for them and they look away from you even if you are standing right in front of them because you are not important enough to focus on. They are overstimulated by the rich American lifestyle, so they do not appreciate what is in front of them."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why did Flirtation become Taboo in America after 1990 but was Normal/Acceptable before?

Post by Winston »

What is this guy smoking? Flirting happens all the time in America, now more than ever? That's the most false statement I ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVJRniVIyPM

Thomas
7 hours ago
People are flirting more than ever now... I don't get what you're talking about.

HappierAbroad
6 hours ago (edited)
where? only in the movies. you never see it in real life. definitely not in america. in brazil or colombia or russia maybe yes.

Thomas
5 hours ago
@HappierAbroad everywhere...online or otherwise. Ultimately if somebody is willing to give you the time of day, you'll know within 30 seconds.

HappierAbroad
1 hour ago (edited)
Thomas, what are u smoking? I never seen anyone flirt in the US. Not since the 80s. Your claim is equivalent to saying no one died in the Vietnam war or WW2. Totally 1000 percent false and u know it and everyone knows it.

Thomas
14 minutes ago
@HappierAbroad happens all the time. If the woman is open to you, visually and on hearing you speak, and you don't say anything stupid, you can pretty much flirt to your heart's content.

HappierAbroad
1 second ago
@Thomas when is the woman in America open to you? once in a blue moon? I'm talking about women you don't know, strangers in public. when has an american woman been open to flirtation to you? can you show us proof? are you talking about total strangers? you said "if" but that doesn't mean that women in public flirt with men in general. You know that's not true. Go outside and see. Everyone ignores you like you don't exist, especially women, they never flirt and are closed and don't want to be bothered. That's the case in North America and NE Asia. We all know that. Why you saying something everyone knows is false including yourself?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great comment by Yohan. So sad yet true.

"Yo Han
To approach women just for a talk in Western countries is now risky and I can only advice men to avoid any flirt at the workplace, you might be jobless the next day accused of sexual harassment even for nothing but a harmless compliment. USA is especially bad. The best is don't do it, in morning when entering the office say 'good morning' and when going home in evening say 'good bye'. We live in a sad lonely, humorless society.
A bit better still in Europe, as women might make fun out of you, react very scornful if they don't want you, but will not accuse you otherwise.
Rampant feminism did a great hateful job.
It is also amazing to see how love from a woman is going through the wallet of men, despite we are all equals. LOL.
To find now as a young ordinary honest man a young nice girl for a long term relationship is very difficult in Western countries.

It is true that women in foreign countries in general are easier to approach and they are more responsive, friendly and appreciate a long term relationship.
About myself, I left Europe for always, moved to Asia more than 40 years ago. I never came back."

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I don't really think flirtation is taboo. The problem I find is that some women only want to flirt and don't want to move on to the next step because they are attention seekers.

Flirtation may seem taboo though, because in this culture, there are many legalized ways for women to punish men and to get revenge that don't really exist elsewhere, and there's a lot more hype about sexual harassment.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The problem is that women expect the man to do the first step - and in case the man is trying to flirt with her, he cannot predict the reaction of the woman he is approaching.

Simply said, the reaction of the Western woman is unpredictable and therefore risky. You might find yourself in big trouble even if you had the best intention. The sad point is that such a behavior of females is fully protected by feminist-friendly laws.

She might like it and continue the conversation.
She might remain polite and say, as an excuse - sorry, I have no time now, or I am not interested, as I have already several boyfriends...
She might say the same in a very angry, rude and loud way.
She might make fun out of you, and telling some BS story to her friends who will consider you as a hopeless loner and loser.
She might just punch you in your face, spit in your face.
She might cry something like 'stranger' and her thug boyfriends show up and three days later you wake up in a hospital.
She might report you to your employer, and you have no job next day.
She might go to the next police station claiming she escaped narrowly a rape attempt....

You just don't know her reaction. I am risk-averse, and better stay away from Western women.

However I never have such a feeling of fear (don't laugh, I really mean that, 'a feeling of fear'), that something might go wrong and a woman might do something to harm me after my relocation to Asia...not in Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand...
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Let's go to the root.

Women never liked men all that much. At least not as much as men like women.

But that's okay if society is structured in such a way that women need men, which is the way societies throughout history have operated.

Western society is structured so that women will NOT need men, so what exactly did we expect?

- flirtation loses its steam
- behavior that was once socially accepted becomes sexual assault
- women become obese and don't make effort to be attractive
- men get divorced and thrown to the curb readily
- birth rates decline
- rates of self-reported loneliness increase
etc

All predictable results in a society where women no longer need men.

Asia is gradually following the West's lead but is not there yet.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great comments under my video:

Experienced Optimist • 1 day ago (edited)
What Winston is talking about is a researched phenomenon that someone brought to my attention - It is called Person Environment Fit. I used to describe it as, "It is not who you are it is where you are at" as environment is of utmost importance to a person's happiness. Therefore, Person Environment Fit basically means that every person has a place on this planet where he/she feels like they simply connect with the environment around them socially, spiritually, psychologically etc...,.

It is up to that person to travel and find that place so that they can enjoy the benefits of an enriching society.

That being said, for me, I never really liked American society. I also understand Winston's A.I. Organic Portal theory, that elaborates about the current state of the soullessness of people. Still I noticed the negative changes in America and the world, accelerated around 2003 -2005. It was when the show "The Jersey Shore" and "The Real Housewives Series" began to air. That marked the beginning of the end for me - there was no turning back at that point. I like to mention now that we live in a type of "Utopia Dystopia" marching gleefully towards our inevitable downfall.

ibrahim Okay • 1 day ago
Winston, your delusion is to consider other parts of the world isolated from America.
these things you tell are the aftermath of a global social engineering and you were lucky to discover those locations which were still not affected by this transformation.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What is this thing called Person Environment Fit? I never heard of it. Who has researched it? Ok I found this, but it only talks about jobs, not social life or dating. I guess that's all that matters in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person%E2 ... onment_fit