Woulds this 'Online Dating' Strategy Work

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Woulds this 'Online Dating' Strategy Work

Post by MrMan »

The Bachelor has been on TV for a couple of decades, I think. The dude has 20 or 30 girls or whatever trying to date him, all talking about how they love him so much. Maybe it's scripted. But I've seen the scene where they go in the car after the dude dumps them and talk about having so much love to give and how it never works out, shed tears, etc.

Then they have this Bachelorette show where all these men are willing to compete for one woman, like a 7 or 8 from the previous season, not the best looking one, but whoever the fans, who are probably mostly female, liked the most, or whoever gave the most heartbreaking scene in the car... or whatever.

Anyway, I'd just imagine when the guy rolls off in the car, there are probably hundreds of thousands of women watching him talk about how much he wants someone to love, how he has so much love to give who are saying, "Give your love to me." The most popular one gets 20 or 30 starry eyed girls who all talk about how much they love him, who are willing to shame themselves by competing with him on national TV.

Would this stuff work with a YouTube video? What if you single guys made a video about how dating doesn't work and you have so much love to give... falling short of shedding a few tears. Without women watching the back story, do you think there could be lots of girls who watch it on YouTube who would think, "Give your love to me" and become fan girls? Maybe you'd have to be good-looking, or maybe your looks just match the personal taste of one girl on YouTube.

YouTube might not be the right avenue for this strategy, since they hid their inbox feature and most people don't use it. Facebook, Instagram, or something interactive might be better.

And unless the video is super interesting or has something that captures attention (maybe medical doctor can't find a wife. :{) ), then in order to make it work to get dates, a man might have to pay for the video to show up on women's feeds. You might be able to target by age and gender. You could also target English speakers in countries you are interested in visiting. You can reach a lot more girls for the same dime in some of the developing countries where online advertising is cheap.

You could split test different videos and put parts in to elicit responses from interested women, trying different questions, asking them to reply. Ask them if you are good-looking. Then click their profiles and friend the ones who appeal to you.

All you'd be risking is some money and looking like a wimp in front of thousands of women. But if they don't like you, who cares?
boixos24
Freshman Poster

Post by boixos24 »

Last edited by boixos24 on September 16th, 2021, 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: Woulds this 'Online Dating' Strategy Work

Post by flowerthief00 »

Sleepless in Seattle is fiction for a reason. (bad fiction at that!)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would this 'Online Dating' Strategy Work

Post by MrMan »

MrMan wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 6:20 am
The Bachelor has been on TV for a couple of decades, I think. The dude has 20 or 30 girls or whatever trying to date him, all talking about how they love him so much. Maybe it's scripted. But I've seen the scene where they go in the car after the dude dumps them and talk about having so much love to give and how it never works out, shed tears, etc.

Then they have this Bachelorette show where all these men are willing to compete for one woman, like a 7 or 8 from the previous season, not the best looking one, but whoever the fans, who are probably mostly female, liked the most, or whoever gave the most heartbreaking scene in the car... or whatever.

Anyway, I'd just imagine when the guy rolls off in the car, there are probably hundreds of thousands of women watching him talk about how much he wants someone to love, how he has so much love to give who are saying, "Give your love to me." The most popular one gets 20 or 30 starry eyed girls who all talk about how much they love him, who are willing to shame themselves by competing with him on national TV.

Would this stuff work with a YouTube video? What if you single guys made a video about how dating doesn't work and you have so much love to give... falling short of shedding a few tears. Without women watching the back story, do you think there could be lots of girls who watch it on YouTube who would think, "Give your love to me" and become fan girls? Maybe you'd have to be good-looking, or maybe your looks just match the personal taste of one girl on YouTube.

YouTube might not be the right avenue for this strategy, since they hid their inbox feature and most people don't use it. Facebook, Instagram, or something interactive might be better.

And unless the video is super interesting or has something that captures attention (maybe medical doctor can't find a wife. :{) ), then in order to make it work to get dates, a man might have to pay for the video to show up on women's feeds. You might be able to target by age and gender. You could also target English speakers in countries you are interested in visiting. You can reach a lot more girls for the same dime in some of the developing countries where online advertising is cheap.

You could split test different videos and put parts in to elicit responses from interested women, trying different questions, asking them to reply. Ask them if you are good-looking. Then click their profiles and friend the ones who appeal to you.

All you'd be risking is some money and looking like a wimp in front of thousands of women. But if they don't like you, who cares?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

boixos24 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 6:44 am
You are essentially asking if a sob story will fool women. Maybe the naive ones. But I doubt that relationship would last long.

Women in general are better at reading intentions and feelings. They'd quickly realize, lambast, and mock you for manipulating them. Smth along those lines.

If you want a quick pump and dump, you can just save yourself the effort and go the PAG route :lol:
If it's a numbers game, if a man could get one woman about of 10,000 hits, he might consider that a success...

if he doesn't care about telling a sob story in front of 10,000 women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

amyst wrote:
November 28th, 2021, 1:40 pm
Bachelor is just a nicely written script. There is not much with the reality there in my opinion.
I'm not sure how nicely written it is. Parts of it may be scripted, but I think they also get people drunk, deprive them of sleep, put them in uncomfortable living arrangements and try to stir up some real dissention among contestants. But I have seen parts of the show over the years. I don't follow every episode. Maybe someone who watches it a lot or has researched it would know more.