Colombian Ladies

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
mightyking7
Freshman Poster

Colombian Ladies

Post by mightyking7 »

Which places in Colombia should a guy look for a loyal girlfriend/ wife?
My friend has already booked a ticket to Colombia since he's looking for a good woman and most of his experiences have been horrible with women in the states. Either they were ugly or many were nasty to approach.
He is fluent in Spanish. However, he is aware that they are many sluts/whores/gold diggers in Colombia. He asked my advice on where to find good,marriage material women preferably spiritual as he is somewhat spiritual himself.
I post this to get answers for him because I never went to Colombia and I have no intention of visiting there...
Any advice would be great. I told him to join this forum but unfortunately he's antisocial.
Last edited by mightyking7 on November 25th, 2021, 5:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Colombian Ladies

Post by publicduende »

mightyking7 wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 5:14 pm
Which cities in Colombia have the best cities to get a loyal girlfriend/ wife?
My friend has already booked a ticket to Colombia since he's looking for a good woman and most of his experiences have been horrible with women in the states. Either they were ugly or many were nasty to approach.
He is fluent in Spanish. However, he is aware that they are many sluts/whores/gold diggers in Colombia. He asked my advice on where to find good,marriage material women preferably spiritual as he is somewhat spiritual himself.
I post this to get answers for him because I never went to Colombia and I have no intention of visiting there...
Any advice would be great. I told him to join this forum but unfortunately he's antisocial.
I was married to a Colombian woman, from Medellin, and have been there a few times. Not sure how much my advice is worth, since my relationship was a failure. I wasn't overly impressed by Colombian women, especially those from Bogota and Medellin. They tend to be pretentious, reason by stereotypes and pander to many of the less pleasant aspect of American culture.

Sure, some of them are hot, especially when they peruse the wonders of plastic surgery wisely. This doesn't necessarily make them marriage or LTR material. About a decade ago, "speed divorce" was introduced. For a couple without kids and assets in common, divorcing can be done in 15 days by going to a Notary Public. Many women have taken advantage of this to the point that large cities and mid-sized towns are swarming with cougars in their 40s or 50s, still relatively attractive, with good careers (or rich exes) to support them, who love to date much younger men.

I think the better, more marriage-minded and loyal women may be found in the mid-sized towns where life is still relatively simple. Places like Bucaramanga, Manizales, Monteria, maybe Santa Marta on the Caribbean north. These girls might be still interested in being swept off by a Gringo. Yet, cultural barriers might be hard to overcome: they probably won't speak much English (unlike in the Philippines), they will drop bad judgment if you don't know how to dance Latino, or you don't behave like their idea of a man.

I remember my ex-wife criticizing me for trivial stuff like not being interested in dancing salsa or merengue, not wearing a watch (I don't like metal on my skin) or not wearing fancy clothes when we went out. And we're talking about a well-educated woman with an international career and few years abroad.

I used to have a much better idea of Colombians and some of my old posts reflect that outlook. However, after my relationship got cold and sunk, I dropped the love goggles and see Colombians for who they are: a bunch of proud, interesting women who know how to be sexy and passionate but, ultimately, have the same defects of most women the world over.
mightyking7
Freshman Poster

Post by mightyking7 »

publicduende wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 5:35 pm
mightyking7 wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 5:14 pm
Which cities in Colombia have the best cities to get a loyal girlfriend/ wife?
I was married to a Colombian woman, from Medellin, and have been there a few times. Not sure how much my advice is worth, since my relationship was a failure. I wasn't overly impressed by Colombian women, especially those from Bogota and Medellin. They tend to be pretentious, reason by stereotypes and pander to many of the less pleasant aspect of American culture.

Sure, some of them are hot, especially when they peruse the wonders of plastic surgery wisely. This doesn't necessarily make them marriage or LTR material. About a decade ago, "speed divorce" was introduced. For a couple without kids and assets in common, divorcing can be done in 15 days by going to a Notary Public. Many women have taken advantage of this to the point that large cities and mid-sized towns are swarming with cougars in their 40s or 50s, still relatively attractive, with good careers (or rich exes) to support them, who love to date much younger men.

I think the better, more marriage-minded and loyal women may be found in the mid-sized towns where life is still relatively simple. Places like Bucaramanga, Manizales, Monteria, maybe Santa Marta on the Caribbean north. These girls might be still interested in being swept off by a Gringo. Yet, cultural barriers might be hard to overcome: they probably won't speak much English (unlike in the Philippines), they will drop bad judgment if you don't know how to dance Latino, or you don't behave like their idea of a man.

I remember my ex-wife criticizing me for trivial stuff like not being interested in dancing salsa or merengue, not wearing a watch (I don't like metal on my skin) or not wearing fancy clothes when we went out. And we're talking about a well-educated woman with an international career and few years abroad.

I used to have a much better idea of Colombians and some of my old posts reflect that outlook. However, after my relationship got cold and sunk, I dropped the love goggles and see Colombians for who they are: a bunch of proud, interesting women who know how to be sexy and passionate but, ultimately, have the same defects of most women the world over.
Do you think my friend might be better off looking in another Latin American country like Costa Rica?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

mightyking7 wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 5:44 pm
Do you think my friend might be better off looking in another Latin American country like Costa Rica?
I think Mexico is the best Latin American country for wives.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

If memory serves, fschmidt, several years ago you concluded Uruguay was the best Latin American country to find a wife. Has your view changed?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

gsjackson wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 12:24 am
If memory serves, fschmidt, several years ago you concluded Uruguay was the best Latin American country to find a wife. Has your view changed?
Uruguay was also good but I was there a long time ago and I am not sure how it is now.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

mightyking7 wrote:
No idea @mightyking7. Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru...they're all women. The younger ones are all hopelessly hooked into social media and injected massive doses of ego-pumping digital hormones.

If a man is a stud in their 20s, max 30s, who is very confident with approaching women, knows how to dance Latino and can take a few drinks without becoming obnoxious, then Latin America is their oyster.

Otherwise, they will end up with the usual scammers/diggers or, if they're lucky, with a modest divorcee or single mom in their late 30s who needs "a man by her side again".

By the way, some chocking statistics. It was not so long ago when they used to say Colombians were "among the happiest people under the sun". Look at where they are now.

Last edited by publicduende on November 27th, 2021, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

publicduende wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 12:44 am
mightyking7 wrote:
No idea @mightyking7. Costa Rica, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru...they're all women. The younger ones are all hopelessly hooked into social media and injected massive doses of ego-pumping digital hormones.

If a man is a stud in your 20s, max 30s, who is very confident with approaching women, knows how to dance Latino and can take a few drinks without becoming obnoxious, then Latin America is their oyster.

Otherwise, they will end up with the usual scammers/diggers or, if they're lucky, with a modest divorcee or single mom in their late 30s who needs "a man by her side again".

By the way, some chocking statistics. It was not so long ago when they used to say Colombians were "among the happiest people under the sun". Look at where they are now.

So their happiness was not sustainable I guess.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Gali wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 1:35 am
So their happiness was not sustainable I guess.
Apparently not. I don't follow Colombian politics and public affairs anymore but, for what I understand, the golden decade of the FARC being kicked out of the cities, the lucrative trade deals with the US and relative economic prosperity ended at least 6 years ago.

Crime has been steadily on the rise even in Medellin, the poster child of Colombian regeneration, the paramilitaries are back and the Venezuelan crisis has been putting immense pressure on the job market, with millions of displaced Venezuelan brother and sisters fleeing hunger and crime and ready to work for 25/30% less than the locals. This from collecting coffee to working in as doctors and nurses, engineers etc.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

On second thought the question was about their opinion about the world not about Colombia. Colombia is often ranked quite high on the scale depending on the way it is measured.
Criticism
Metrics
Critics have pointed out the difference between evaluations and experiences of wellbeing.[53] [54] For instance Colombia came 37th in the 2018 World Happiness Report rankings but first by daily emotional experience in Gallup's Positive Experience Index.[55] The inconsistencies in the results of different happiness measurement surveys have also been noted, for instance, a Pew survey of 43 countries in 2014 (which excluded most of Europe) had Mexico, Israel and Venezuela finishing first, second and third.[56] Others point out that the variables of interest used by the World Happiness Report are more appropriate for measuring national-level rather than individual-level happiness.[57]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Hap ... rt#Metrics