Lying about your age in your profile

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Lying about your age in your profile

Post by Voyager1 »

Does it make sense to do? I used to shave 5 years off my age in my profile then I realized they are going to find out eventually especially if we have a long term relationship.

They will hold it against you if you lie from the beginning.

So I stopped doing it.

I am going to post my real age in my profile. Let the chips fall where they lay. However that saying goes.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Lying about your age in your profile

Post by jamesbond »

I would avoid online dating altogether. Studies show that men outnumber women at least 8 to 1 in online dating. Not only that, a lot of the women who use online dating have no interest meeting men, they only are using it to get an ego boost to see how many men will respond to them.

I have never used online dating but I have friends who have and they told me, most of the women who are using online dating are fat, ugly and single mothers. :shock:

I read an article a couple of years ago that said, a man has to respond to 123 women in order to just get one of those women to respond to him. In order to get a date with just one woman a man is going to have to respond to hundreds of women! Meanwhile, an average looking woman will get 100 guys sending her messages every day!

Don't use online dating, it doesn't work.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I'd have to disagree with you. I've gotten several girlfriends / gotten married from online.

So it does work sometimes.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 1:15 pm
I would avoid online dating altogether. Studies show that men outnumber women at least 8 to 1 in online dating. Not only that, a lot of the women who use online dating have no interest meeting men, they only are using it to get an ego boost to see how many men will respond to them.

I have never used online dating but I have friends who have and they told me, most of the women who are using online dating are fat, ugly and single mothers. :shock:

I read an article a couple of years ago that said, a man has to respond to 123 women in order to just get one of those women to respond to him. In order to get a date with just one woman a man is going to have to respond to hundreds of women! Meanwhile, an average looking woman will get 100 guys sending her messages every day!

Don't use online dating, it doesn't work.
If he's looking for something permanent, sorting through a lot of weeds might be worth it. I do not hear good things about online dating overall, but it works for some people.

If I were single and doing online dating, I wouldn't be sending messages to average women. Do they put up enough information to find them on Facebook or Instagram? If they did and you can find them on another site, then it might make more sense to friend them outside the dating app environment. Those folks on the Catfish reality show can look up photos online and track people down, so it might be possible to find their profile online.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Voyager1 wrote:
December 8th, 2021, 7:52 am
Does it make sense to do? I used to shave 5 years off my age in my profile then I realized they are going to find out eventually especially if we have a long term relationship.

They will hold it against you if you lie from the beginning.

So I stopped doing it.

I am going to post my real age in my profile. Let the chips fall where they lay. However that saying goes.
Yes, you shouldn't lie about that. You wouldn't want to be looking for 25-year-old single women and get matched up with a 40-year-old separated woman, either. I suppose the lying about the age may work if a man looks young and is just trying to use a woman for a night and dump her. But it would not work well for relationships. Do the websites update the ages automatically?

Do all the sites make you show your age? This is very unlike real life where women, in the west at least, do not tell their age. In some countries, they ask each other's age so they know if they have to use an honorific title to address each other.

What other criteria do you use on these sites? Can you sort by height and weight or maybe the ratio? You could sort out fat women that way. I wouldn't suppose there is a 'virgin' button or 'pretty' button you could click to only get those photos. :) 'Mentally stable' would be another good one. Can women sort men by annual income?

I was talking to an American man who met his Indonesian wife online about 8 years ago. They didn't like to say they met online. I made a joke about, 'Click here to get a wife for 50% off.' I can imagine a Black Friday special.

Do you know if there are foreign-focused sites where the ratios are better? If a man talks about how he is marriage -, looking for a wife, etc., does he fair better on these sites than on the US dating apps? Does a man on a US app saying up front that he is looking for a wife get him better responses than more casual posts? If they let them search by keywords, I can imagine some women searching for terms like 'commitment' and 'marriage.' Women might have different criteria if they are looking for a husband as opposed to a date.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 3:04 am
I'd have to disagree with you. I've gotten several girlfriends / gotten married from online.

He's talking about online dating in the US. Not overseas. If you use Filipina dating sites, they work well, but you have to weed through a lot of scammers and leechers. Like anything, it takes time and effort and weeding out.

Taco said he found his wife on Dateinasia remember?

Btw if you lie about your age on your profile, and the girl falls in love with you, she won't care if she finds out later on. But if she's not into you, then of course she will use it against you, because she is looking for any excuse to dismiss you. So it all depends on the attraction and feelings of the girl. I'm sure the girls lie about their height and weight too. Who doesn't lie these days? Everyone bends the truth to some degree. The trick is to bend it a little only so it's not too obvious.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 6:17 pm
Voyager1 wrote:

He's talking about online dating in the US. Not overseas. If you use Filipina dating sites, they work well, but you have to weed through a lot of scammers and leechers. Like anything, it takes time and effort and weeding out.

Btw if you lie about your age on your profile, and the girl falls in love with you, she won't care if she finds out later on. But if she's not into you, then of course she will use it against you, because she is looking for any excuse to dismiss you. So it all depends on the attraction and feelings of the girl. I'm sure the girls lie about their height and weight too. Who doesn't lie these days? Everyone bends the truth to some degree. The trick is to bend it a little only so it's not too obvious.
I agree with Winston. Lying about age or height is harmless. If a girl loves a guy, age won't matter.

Also, what if someone decides to identify as Trans-Age? Then it technically isn't a lie at all.

I thought that I was the only person who thought about Trans-Age but other people online thought the same thing.

Trans-Age is actually the most sane "Trans" because people can look younger but it mainly applies to men. Women can't be Trans-Age.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Online dating in the US is a complete joke, it attracts the bottom feeders (single mothers, fat women, ugly women, mentally ill women). Men outnumber women 8 to 1 on dating sites and many women have no interest in actually meeting men, they just like getting messages from men.

The guys I know who have used online dating have told me that it's a complete shit show. The women have unrealistic expectations, they want a guy who looks like Brad Pit even though the woman herself is fat and ugly! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
When I was looking for a wife, I'd pay attention to different things, character issues and such. Lying as a red flag. If I met a girl and it was obvious that she'd lied about something from the start, I probably would not have kept her around long enough to fall in love with her. Some women are physically attractive and men may give them a 'free pass' on a lot of issues, which can be foolish, too, if you end up with a terrible woman just because she really looks good. In a lot of cases a new dating couple get to know each other and try to convince themselves the other person is attractive, honorable, decent, or whatever they are looking for, or else look for flaws.

A woman may do the same thing. If she's had experience with liars and finds out you are one, then she may move on before she has time to get to know you and like you. If you are looking for someone to be the mother of your children, you want a wise woman to raise children, and also a woman who is smart passing on some smart DNA may be something to consider. If she is easily deceived that may make dating easier if you have things to hide about yourself. But there is a huge downside to that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Tsar wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 6:29 pm
Winston wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:

I agree with Winston. Lying about age or height is harmless. If a girl loves a guy, age won't matter.

Also, what if someone decides to identify as Trans-Age? Then it technically isn't a lie at all.

I thought that I was the only person who thought about Trans-Age but other people online thought the same thing.

Trans-Age is actually the most sane "Trans" because people can look younger but it mainly applies to men. Women can't be Trans-Age.
I emailed one of my congressman and said I identified as so many (five or six, I forget) retired five star generals, and I wanted my retirement. But I was honest about it. I told him I had never severed in the US military, but that I identified as all these generals for retirement purposes. The constitution says we get redress of grievances, and the way that works in our system is these guys get back to us and hope we vote for them next time. He never got back to me about all my five-star general retirement checks. Oh, the injusticed. All those people with cis-identities, with cis-work experience, who are cis-aged, get all the advantages.

Those cis-Harvard graduates get the good jobs, while those who identify as having graduated from Harvard don't get them. Discrimination, I tell you! Of course, I discriminate against non-cis-grade students. If a student earns a C, D, or F, but claimed to identify as an A student in my class, I'd discriminate, too.

And the boys in school can identify as cross dressing lesbian females to go into the girls lockerroom and shower, now. They dress like boys, like girls, but just 'identify.'

Of course, all this 'identify' stuff isn't reality. It's a bunch of foolishness that I am mocking because it deserves to be exposed for the foolishness it is. If you lie to a girl about your age, you are still lying about your age. A lot of these people doing this 'identifying' have something wrong in their mind, either actual mental illness, or their minds are darkened by a foolish evil philosophy.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Tsar lies about his age in his profile so he can get little girls.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 12th, 2022, 11:56 pm
Tsar lies about his age in his profile so he can get little girls.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑