Meeting Women in China

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Chinese women wear massive bathing suits on the rare occasions they go to the beach. I'm glad they stay out of the sun. My ex's mom was 55 but her skin was flawless. I was amazed.

Chinese people aren't always so knowledgeable about what goes on in their country. I've seen a lot of Xinjiang migrants in Gz and Shanghai. Their food (a little like Indian) goes down well with the food loving Cantonese, but it was shunned in Shanghai.

Chinese women worry about us and our sleeping. It's OK for them as they have the Asian ability to sleep absolutely anywhere.

I'd like to meet that professor, you see her photos all over the place. Why is she still single?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DCX_10 wrote:I agree with you; the professor is hot. But I would not ask another man's meal. Good job Winston.

My own professor is even hotter. If only I can figure out how to post her pictures here...
You just post the image URL between the image brackets, like this:

Code: Select all

[img]image URL[/img]
Btw, she's not really a professor, just a teacher. I asked her if she was a professor just because she teaches in a university, and what the difference was. Here was her response:
I am a college teacher,I know in US people would say I am a professor. But in China,college teachers have different levels , from assistant, lecturer, vice professor to professor,it is a long way to go. I am just a lecturer now,at least ten year more to be a real professor.
Btw, the Taiwanese girls I met at the picnic last weekend told me that in China, students study much harder and excel much better than in Taiwan. So that's why the Chinese girls I write seem to be better in English. I guess that makes sense, since Taiwan does not have the perfectionistic talented acrobatic performers that China does. Nor does Taiwan have an Olympic team either. So I guess Chinese really do excel right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Taiwan has 23 million people; mainland has anywhere from 1.3-1.6 billion. Taiwan is the population of a smaller province in Mainland. So of course there would be more talented people in absolute number in Mainland.
Winston wrote:
DCX_10 wrote:I agree with you; the professor is hot. But I would not ask another man's meal. Good job Winston.

My own professor is even hotter. If only I can figure out how to post her pictures here...
You just post the image URL between the image brackets, like this:

Code: Select all

[img]image URL[/img]
Btw, she's not really a professor, just a teacher. I asked her if she was a professor just because she teaches in a university, and what the difference was. Here was her response:
I am a college teacher,I know in US people would say I am a professor. But in China,college teachers have different levels , from assistant, lecturer, vice professor to professor,it is a long way to go. I am just a lecturer now,at least ten year more to be a real professor.
Btw, the Taiwanese girls I met at the picnic last weekend told me that in China, students study much harder and excel much better than in Taiwan. So that's why the Chinese girls I write seem to be better in English. I guess that makes sense, since Taiwan does not have the perfectionistic talented acrobatic performers that China does. Nor does Taiwan have an Olympic team either. So I guess Chinese really do excel right?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Meeting Women in China

Post by Rock »

ethan_sg wrote:I seriously recommend you guys take up some basic Chinese lessons either before or just after moving to China, if you're really planning to live there for a while and interact with a larger pool of women.

Basic conversational Chinese isn't that hard to learn if you put your heart into it. The vast majority of girls in China don't speak much English and if you limit yourself to the ones that do, you're often limiting yourself to the ones who are more westernized and less likely to hold traditional family values (not to say that every Chinese girl who speaks good English is this way, it's just a general tendency on average).

Also, an increasing number of foreigners in China are able to speak basic Chinese and being a foreigner that speaks Chinese there earns you far more attention and respect. Being a foreigner who is able to speak some Chinese and practicing it with the locals is always a great way to start a conversation with Chinese girls since many are immediately impressed and amused by the fact that you can speak their language.

Most cab drivers and waiters/waitresses in China don't speak a word of English, so learning basic Chinese will really help you get by in China.

All in all China's a great place to meet women though. They're not just beautiful but approachable, friendly, feminine and far less tarnished by Western material and feminist values than their counterparts in the likes of Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan.

Not just to meet women though, China's also a real great place to travel around and seek adventure. There are literally hundreds of cities in China, the amount of domestic travel you would be able to do there is endless. This is why many 'laowais' (foreigners) who go there to become ESL teachers and are able to speak Chinese never want to leave. Short working hours and an inclusive social environment? Sure beats corporate wage slavery in a developed country anytime.
Gotta agree with you. Going around 2nd or 3rd tier China without Chinese sounds like a nightmare. Even in 1st tier, it’s pretty important once u stray away from western oriented places and areas. And the good news is that very basic conversational Mandarin is probably easier to pick-up for English speakers than most would imagine. Word order is intuitive and grammar is almost non-existent. Biggest challenge I think is tones but Mandarin has just 4 plus a neutral one and they are more straightforward than those in most other tonal languages/dialects. I’m guessing about 200-300 hours of the right type of practice and drilling would get you a nice start and pay back in spades.

Unfortunately, on my last short trip to China (Shenzhen, Donguan, and Guangzhou), I did not have any interesting experiences with the gals like all u studs posting in this thread, lol.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

My <a>Chinese dating experience</a> just gets wierder and wierder. At the moment I have clingy girl issues. But really everything is on hold till I make some progress with my plan to live in China for a couple of years.

The other problem is that if the manageress of my favourite noodle bar in Tianhe sees me walk in with any more women then eyebrows really are going to be raised.

Last year I talked to a Dongguan woman on webcam. I was fixated on her chest! She is a tough one to get a date with but I'd sure like to meet her in person.

So many Chinese women want Western boyfriends/husbands, but only the tip of the iceberg ever make it to online dating sites. Really you need a Mandarin speaking wingman then you're laughing.

Agreed that learning Mandarin is useful. The grammar is stupidly simple, it's really just [i/we/you] [love/hate/want] [noun]. This is how I've picked up my terrible Chinglish of phrases like "i worry you" or "i fierced him" :roll: .
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Re: Meeting Women in China

Post by ph_visitor »

ethan_sg wrote:I seriously recommend you guys take up some basic Chinese lessons either before or just after moving to China, if you're really planning to live there for a while and interact with a larger pool of women.

Basic conversational Chinese isn't that hard to learn if you put your heart into it.
I disagree.

Of the 25 foreign expats that I know, 3 speak any Chinese.

You need to be 25 or younger.

All the men over 35 do not and CAN NOT. It's nearly impossible to older learners. It will take you years to be able to speak at a basic level, something that takes 6 weeks for any Latin Language.

The men over 45 literally cannot speak one word. They cannot hear the differences and when they speak it the locals do not understand anything. These are educated professionals, engineers and such. Masters degrees and above.

Chinese is on the lists of 'Top 10 Most Difficult Languages' for a reason.

If you found it 'not difficult' then you are lucky - you have a talent for Chinese.

Almost everyone else does not.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't understand. Many of the trip reports about China are positive and report that the women are pretty open and easy to meet and that they like foreign men.

However, a fair number of credible sources have also told me that Chinese women in China are cold and closed toward strangers and don't make eye contact.

Yet, my own experience on QQ is that many Chinese girls on there are very sweet, eager and desperate to meet and date me. Their treat me with the same sweetness and admiration as Filipinas do. They are also very talkative and engaging toward me.

How do I reconcile all this? Why the huge discrepancies?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Most Mainland China women are still completely different from Filipinas. They will be friendly, but rarely as openly flirty as many Filipinas are. Rural Yunnan women would be similar to Burmese and Vietnamese, to some extent.

China is an incredibly diverse country, so both claims are true. It really depends on where you go, your background, how they perceive you, and so on.
Winston wrote:However, a fair number of credible sources have also told me that Chinese women in China are cold and closed toward strangers and don't make eye contact.
This is especially true of wealthy women in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, and other large cities. They're no different from Taiwanese women.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Winston, if a Chinese women gives you her virginity and you don't commit to marriage she'll lose lots of face in front of her family, they may even disown her. She'll also become less desirable to Chinese men, she'll be considered a whore. Whether you agree with this or not, this will be the consequence for her. Are you ok with potentially destroying a woman's future marriage and dating prospects?

If you want a less traditional Chinese woman you can find these women in the clubs of Shanghai, they've already gone on the laowai dick train and can't be ruined anymore. Of course these women won't be as sweet and traditional.

I don't get this dual paradigm most guys have on HA. Easy sex means women will eventually turn into American bitches. Male hippies in the 60's thought easy women were a paradise also, until they realized women's initial sexual freedom quickly followed by pickiness that was only restrained by conservative guide posts.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston it's not surprising at all - there are varying opinions on every subject because most things in this world are subjective and relative, and not everyone knows how to put them in perspective or is in a position to put them in perspective.

Go to China and see it for yourself for God's sake, you're a 20 minute boat ride away from the nearest province - Fujian, where the girls even speak the same dialect as you!

You keep erecting artificial and unnecessary obstacles for yourself with ridiculous excuses like you need to write a couple of books first or start a new website - for god's sake you'll be 50 by the time you move - and older you are, the harder it is gonna be for you to get the slim, fair, young, twenty something Chinese girls you crave.

You may think you're busy but your schedule is most certainly not a fraction as restricted, tight and controlled as those of us on this forum with full-time white collared jobs.

You've freed yourself from corporate wage slavery yet you enslave yourself with ridiculous dispensable excuses to postpone chasing your passions and living up to the theme of the site you created.

As some have said, you don't even have to move to China yet (though ideally you would, eventually) but for god's sake - a twenty minute boat ride is all that stands between you and a SHORT VISIT to China!

Your current inertia is an abomination of simple logic, common sense, and everything that this forum you created stands for.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Fujian girls are great. My sister in law's family are from that province. I also chat to a Fujian girl occasionally, and I hope to meet her once I actually get to China. She has the looks of a model and brains as well. Sadly she has a bf, but there are plenty more like her in the coastal cities.

If you want to know what she looks like, she looks a lot like Yuria Kamijio. She's a sexy model, so I'd better not post photos here. Just image google her name. Or get her movies here http://javjunkies.com/main/?s=Yuria_Kamijyo

Wow, a dream wife :D :D :D

I find that Chinese girls only want to chat to me if they want something from me. But maybe that's true of most people. I haven't chatted to any new girls for a while though, I'm waiting till I get to China next month. Also I hit the big 40 which puts off a lot more women, although I also find that it's exceedingly hard for a 30 something Chinese girl to find a husband by that age.

As for the eye contact, well obviously a Western looking man will get a lot more attention in Asia, but the eye contact I've got in China is nothing like what a Western woman or child would get. My brother's baby was so popular in Malaysia old women were taking him out of his pram to get a better look!!!

Eye contact and friendliness from locals isn't something I'm fussed about. In fact I'd rather they ignored me and let me live my anonymous life.

If I was in Taiwan I'd be over to China all the time. In Guangzhou I can remember being in metro cars with a dozen perfect 10's surrounding me. As it is I'm in freezing cold Western Europe and it's taken me 3 frigging goes to get my visa paperwork right!!!!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ethan,
It's not a 20 minute boat ride. Who told you that? If it was that short, there would be a ferry service between Taiwan and China. I don't know of any.

Xiongmao,
How do you reconcile the differences above?

Have you tried approaching girls in China, like people do so easily in the movies?

Why don't you come to Taiwan and meet women too? According to Rock's politically correct portrayal of Taiwan, 99 percent of people love Taiwan and only a few oddballs like me don't. Why don't you come and test his politically correct Travel Channel image of Taiwan? lol

Falcon,
They may not flirt, but they will say sweet things such as "Where have you been? I've been waiting for you for a long time. I want you to visit me." and such.

Drealm,
As far as I know, none of the Chinese girls I'm contacting with are virgins. I don't understand the psychological need for a virgin. It seems more ego-driven than logic-driven.

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Winston wrote:Drealm,
As far as I know, none of the Chinese girls I'm contacting with are virgins.
I don't think you'll do as much damage then.
Winston wrote:I don't understand the psychological need for a virgin. It seems more ego-driven than logic-driven.
It's not a psychological need. It's a practical need based on observing women's behavior.

http://socialpathology.blogspot.com/201 ... -post.html
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston here are a couple of links that show you can take a ferry from Taiwan's Kinmen island or Matsu island to Fujian.

http://fuzhou.chinadaily.com.cn/2010-04 ... 749502.htm
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/nati ... idents.htm

Admittedly you would have to take a ferry from Taiwan mainland to Kinmen or Matsu island first and then take another ferry to Fujian. The second article does also state that the ferry rides can be as short as a mere 20 minutes.

If you're serious about visiting China, simply call up a travel agency to confirm the travel details from where you are.

Alternatively, flights between Taiwan and Xiamen (or other parts of China) should also be very affordable to you considering the close proximity.

You can find very decent, clean 3 star hotels in China from $20-$50 and rent very decent apartments for less than $400 USD a month - it's even cheaper than Taiwan, so please stop holding yourself back.

You have achieved the means to freedom, yet you do not utilize it.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Half the Chinese women I've met have been virgins. Maybe more than that. They're not necessarily a good thing, I think it's far better to go visit one of the sex starved single moms on CLL, they'll give you a trip to China you'll remember forever!!!

I haven't approached Chinese women in the street. Most of the time I've been in China I've already had dates lined up.

I did talk to a couple of the secretaries who worked in the factory I visited. They were a little shy but very friendly. Their English was quite basic but I managed to find out which province they were from. I'd have loved to have spent more time with them, but my date I was with was getting a bit anxious that I was getting a bit too friendly with them! Also I thought they were both about 18 or something, but I found out later they were around 25!

Really the best way to meet Chinese girls is in circumstances like this.

So I have planned my time in China to give me the maximum possible number of opportunites to meet people.