Does Taiwan belong to China? Will China ever invade Taiwan?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Re: Does Taiwan belong to China? Will China ever invade Taiwan?

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 6:47 pm
I'm in the gray area, but in reality the situation is in a gray area.
Winston! My son!

You always in "gray area"!! In everything!!!!

Real man get off fence!!

Why you don't be real man?????
Winston wrote:
What's your solution to {gab-gab, gab-gab...}
Why you care?? What you do about it???

Nothing!! Only eat lunch buffet!! And do playboy nonsense!!! As usual!!!!

Love,
Your Daddy

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Daddy Wu wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Winston wrote:
Winston! My son!

Real man get off fence!!

Winston wrote:

Love,
Your Daddy
I love you Daddy Wuuu.....
Time to Hide!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Moretorque wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 3:37 pm
Daddy Wu wrote:
Winston wrote:
Winston! My son!

Real man get off fence!!

Winston wrote:

Love,
Your Daddy
I have no idea who is this Chinese/English speaking troll impersonating Winston's father - but he is doing a good job, he (or she?) is really funny...
Sometimes I got the impression, Daddy Wu is one of the girls he met in China....

However this Daddy Wu is not related to PAG and his sockpuppets. Daddy Wu is a different person, obviously of Chinese ethnicity.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Yohan wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 10:34 pm
Moretorque wrote:
Daddy Wu wrote:
Winston wrote:
Winston! My son!

Real man get off fence!!

Winston wrote:

Love,
Your Daddy
I have no idea who is this Chinese/English speaking troll impersonating Winston's father - but he is doing a good job, he (or she?) is really funny...
Sometimes I got the impression, Daddy Wu is one of the girls he met in China....

However this Daddy Wu is not related to PAG and his sockpuppets. Daddy Wu is a different person, obviously of Chinese ethnicity.
Your just full of hate because Winston has the best Daddy of them all.... Tell him Mr. Wu, that's your real dad... :evil:
Time to Hide!
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

Yohan wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 10:34 pm
Moretorque wrote:
Daddy Wu wrote:
Winston wrote:
Winston! My son!

Real man get off fence!!

Winston wrote:

Love,
Your Daddy

你叫谁“troll”?

我是“Winston”的真正父親! 你是誰?? 他的女友?? 你說話太多-就像女友一樣!!

只有一個“Daddy Wu” ! 沒有人扮演“Daddy Wu”!!

不要惹 “Daddy Wu”!

Love,
Your Daddy
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

順便說說,

順便說一句,中華民國萬歲 ("Taiwan") !!!!

Love,
Your Daddy
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I've read that it can be argued Taiwan is actually a US territory, a US "Insular Area" like Guam and Saipan, and Okinawa Japan until the 1970s.

https://taiwanadvice.com

It's getting late and I'm too lazy to try to re-explain more technically why, but his site does a good job of explaining it all. The idea is because Taiwan was part of Japan, and US took all of Japanese territory after the war, USA owns Taiwan now, and the R.O.C. government in exile in Taiwan got to administer the island but USA ultimately owned the island by conquering it. Taiwan basically was never formally ceded to anyone after the war. That would also explain why China has never annexed it, because doing so would be annexing US territory.

USA obviously has a lot of control over the island, and I've read the reason why prostitution was never legalized in Taiwan was because USA wouldn't allow it to happen. After the fall of the KMT martial law, a bunch of US educated political scientists came to Taiwan to help reorganize the government, too.

I would not say that Taiwan belongs to the PRC, as their claim of ownership of Taiwan is as dubious as the ROC old claims of owning all of Mongolia, parts of Kazakhstan, etc, based on borders drawn 100 years ago. The PRC is weird in that they do not want to see themselves as successors to the Qing Dynasty like the ROC does, but they weirdly want to see themselves as successors to Sun Yat Sen and even the KMT, and there is in fact a neo-KMT party in mainland China allowed to operate by the PRC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutio ... Kuomintang
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
But Yohan,

Why does China care about Taiwan though? It already has so much land. Why would a small island matter to them? And why is it disputing more land and islands with other countries? On what basis? Surely it must have a basis in order to dispute something right? It can't just be "because we are God and we say so" right?
On the basis to be the stronger one....

At this moment China is busy to take land away from NEPAL....

It took away about 1.5 million sqm....

But in Nepal the ruling party is the Communist Party, so the government is not even doing anything about it...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-ch ... 16291.html

China seizes more territory from Nepal with troops constructing buildings over the border
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I heard that Trump pledges to defend Taiwan if China invades Taiwan. Is that true? If so does that mean military action?

Could Taiwan be like Poland in WW2, and become the catalyst that triggers WW3?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 3rd, 2020, 12:50 pm
I heard that Trump pledges to defend Taiwan if China invades Taiwan. Is that true? If so does that mean military action?
Could Taiwan be like Poland in WW2, and become the catalyst that triggers WW3?
Taiwan is not HongKong.
There is a defence treaty between Taiwan and USA.

However USA will not participate in combat, but is willing and ready to deliver plenty of arms of any kind, any other urgent needed military supply and will support Taiwan politically in case of a military conflict.

While Taiwan is small, it will not be easy to overrun it by surprise. In such a scenario, Taiwan will use its fighter planes in return and will cause significant damage on the nearby Chinese mainland not far away from Taiwan..

In Quanzhou 泉州市 alone are living over 8 million people, in Xiamen 厦门市 almost 4 million people.

It's easier for China first to bother other small countries on land and sea, like Nepal, Vietnam, Bhutan, Mongolia, Philippines...
Even North Korea does not fully trust China.
Last edited by Yohan on November 5th, 2020, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan,
Are you saying the Taiwanese jet fighters would strike civilian cities in China? Aren't they supposed to only hit military targets? Taiwanese fighter pilots would know im sure that if they bombed civilian cities in China that they'd be toast and dead meat because once they're captured they'd be executed and maybe tortured too. So they wouldn't dare. Probably if China invaded they would strike military targets right? Not civilian cities. There's a moral line there. If so then the Taiwanese air force would have to do the same and only hit military targets too right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
November 4th, 2020, 3:44 am
Yohan,
Are you saying the Taiwanese jet fighters would strike civilian cities in China? Aren't they supposed to only hit military targets? Taiwanese fighter pilots would know im sure that if they bombed civilian cities in China that they'd be toast and dead meat because once they're captured they'd be executed and maybe tortured too. So they wouldn't dare. Probably if China invaded they would strike military targets right? Not civilian cities. There's a moral line there. If so then the Taiwanese air force would have to do the same and only hit military targets too right?
It will be difficult to separate civilian targets and military targets. What is a 'military target'? A bridge, a water reservoir, a harbour, an airport, factories....?

Kinmen Island 金門縣 is Taiwan controlled, full with weapons and only 15 miles away from Xiamen International Airport, and consider all these many bridges in that area along the coastline... used by civilians but also by military of course...and all the water reservoirs, all the ports etc. etc.
Lienchiang County 連江縣 also Taiwan controlled is only 40 miles away from Fujian 福州市...

Before Taiwan is giving up and surrenders in case of a Chinese invasion, it will destroy as much as it can.
China will wait, at least for now - there are so many other places China wants to occupy and which are defendless and easy to enter.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

All China will do is keep paying politicians over there off, and do things like offer Taiwanese people long term residency visas and citizenship, give them rights similar to mainland Chinese people or offer them grants to study at Chinese universities.

As China prospers and becomes more modern and more like Taiwan - more Taiwanese will want to become part of China. Next 50 years, Taiwan will become part of China in the same way Sikkim became part of India.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Documentary about whether Taiwan will be China's next target?

Even if China blows Taiwan out of the water, since we know that Taiwanese are generally very cold and soulless, it wouldn't be a true tragedy right? It'd be like blowing up video game characters. I'm serious.

Despite China’s increasingly aggressive behaviour both at home and abroad, Beijing’s open threat to take control of Taiwan by force is receiving comparatively little attention – leaving this flourishing liberal democracy uniquely isolated and vulnerable. The threat may be far more imminent than many imagine. According to Taiwan’s Foreign Minister Joseph Wu “the Chinese authoritarian leaders may find Taiwan as a convenient scapegoat. Therefore Taiwan needs to be doubly concerned about a possible Chinese use of force against us.”

CHAPTERS

5:09 What is Taiwan?
16:05 Why China wants Taiwan
26:25 Scenario 1: Chipping away
33:10 Scenario 2: Crimea 2.0
41:18 Scenario 3: Invasion
49:05 What now?

In this video DW's Chief International Editor Richard Walker explores the roots of the threat in depth – aided by military and strategy experts from Taiwan, China, the United States and Germany. He charts the dramatic expansion in Beijing’s navy and advanced missile arsenal that is shifting the balance of power against the U.S. in the Pacific. The video examines three possible scenarios: China gradually chipping away at Taiwan’s stability via military and hybrid means; a sudden, Crimea-style annexation of outlying islands; and a full-scale invasion. This final scenario would pose extremely dangerous for global stability. “Everything that happens in this scenario happens under the shadow of a potential nuclear war,” warns Ian Easton, author of “The China Invasion Threat.”

Adding to Taiwan’s profound vulnerability, there is growing doubt that the any country would come to its aid in the event of Chinese military action – or even have the capability to do so. “Even five years ago, the ability of the United States to come to Taiwan’s defense was greater than it is today,” warns Bonnie Glaser, one of Washington’s top experts on the region. “It has eroded over the last decade. And that is, I think, problematic.”

In the U.S., Congressman Ted Yoho of the House Foreign Affairs Committee explains his bill that would commit the U.S. to come to Taiwan’s defence, ending the longstanding “strategic ambiguity” that he and some experts see as destabilizing. But could this in itself pose greater dangers? Europe must also take the threat more seriously, argues leading German expert Janka Oertel. “We have not devoted enough energy to these kinds of scenarios. What we lack is a European conversation about what kind of player Europe in the future would like to be in these kinds of scenarios.” m concludes with a passionate plea from Joseph Wu for democracies to end Taiwan’s diplomatic isolation from global bodies like the U.N. and the World Health Organization: “It's not fair to the Taiwanese people.”
What should the democratic world do to minimize the risk of an open conflict between China and Taiwan?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

China has disputes with so many countries that you don't even know anymore, which one is the next target. China is claiming - without any justification - large parts of land and entire oceans from almost all its neighbors as far as to Indonesia (Riau).

It might not target Taiwan immediately - only issues empty threatening statements - but takes away territory from other countries instead because they are unable to defend themselves and resist such demands, like tiny Bhutan or impoverished Philippines. - Further, China is still busy to swallow HongKong and to 'develop' small islands in the South China Sea.

You cannot negotiate with China - you have to stop China and this can be only done by showing them your military force.
In case of Taiwan there will be - at least for a while - strong military resistance.

About Japan, Chinese claims are small, some rocks to secure fishing grounds, but there are permanently Japanese coastguard ships around there, 24h radar military surveillance etc. Chinese boats try it EVERY DAY - but never managed to occupy these rocks - their ships are all intercepted and forced to change their course. All airplanes are detected and chased away... EVERY DAY.

Another way - however slow to go - is to understand that the Chinese government is not your friend and will never be your friend - for this reason try to get away from them economically. Don't buy anything from China and remove your business out of China, see article below.

Taiwan tries to do the same since a while already what Japan is doing now .

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east- ... eave-china
Japan's government will start paying its companies to move factories out of China and back home or to Southeast Asia, part of a new program to secure supply chains and reduce dependence on manufacturing in China.

Fifty-seven companies including privately-held facemask-maker Iris Ohyama and Sharp will receive a total of 57.4 billion yen (S$750 million) in subsidies from the government, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry said on Friday (July 17).

Another 30 firms will receive money to move manufacturing to Vietnam, Myanmar, Thailand and other Southeast Asian nations, according to a separate announcement, which did not provide details on the amount of compensation.

The government will pay a total of 70 billion yen in this round, the Nikkei newspaper reported. The payments come from 243.5 billion yen that the government earmarked in April to reduce reliance on Chinese supply chains, with the money aimed at helping companies shift factories back home or to other nations.

As US-China relations deteriorate and the trade war worsens, there has been increasing discussions in the United States and elsewhere about how to "decouple" economies and firms from China.

Japan's decision is similar to a Taiwanese policy in 2019, which was aimed at bringing investment back home from China. So far, no other country has enacted a concrete policy to encourage the shift.

China is Japan's biggest trading partner under normal circumstances and Japanese companies have massive investments there. The outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic has damaged those economic ties as well as China's image in Japan.

The government of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been trying for years to improve relations with China after anti-Japan riots in 2012, but the fallout from the pandemic and the ongoing territorial dispute over islands and gas fields in the East China Sea have undercut those efforts.