Does Taiwan belong to China? Will China ever invade Taiwan?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Does Taiwan belong to China? Will China ever invade Taiwan?

Post by Yohan »

Tsar wrote:
July 11th, 2021, 1:20 pm
Logically, isn't it fair to say that a great defense alone isn't enough because some offense is necessary for deterrence? Maybe not invade, but powerful missiles or armed drones to hit another nation back if attacked.
But if America is providing the offensive power, then that means they don't need to have offensive power until America loses its dominance.
There is nothing around Japan to invade, it's an island state. About USA, which is holding also offensive power, it is anyway paid 80 % by Japan.
Japanese/US Navy and Japanese/US Airforce are located almost always very close to each other, often only a few miles apart from each other.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... rces_Japan

Japan is not in such a difficult position as Taiwan which is a prime target for China, and also in a better and stronger position compared to South Korea which is next to North Korea. It is also not so poor compared to Philippines and Vietnam which cannot do much if China is looting their sea territory.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why China may take advantage of the West's distraction toward Ukraine and Biden's weakness and indecisiveness, by attacking Taiwan. Strategically this may be a good chance for China to invade Taiwan too, since the US cannot focus on two invasions at once. Should my parents leave Taiwan and go back to the US?

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... an/622907/

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/wor ... 2022-02-25

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/content ... de-taiwan/

Donald Trump predicts that Taiwan will be next on the invasion list:

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-chi ... 16191.html

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4454192

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-p ... an-1681616

Taiwan is the most anti-social and socially cold country in the world. I swear to God. It's impossible to connect with people there, they are super repressed and narrow and inhuman. Taiwanese are way too reserved to the point of being not even human. Any change China makes in Taiwan can only be better. The women in Taiwan are super cold, closed, antisocial and have zero personality and zero social skills. Not to sound negative, but it's true, I swear to God. Anyone who is honest and not afraid to tell the truth and call a spade a spade and goes to Taiwan will see what I mean. Taiwan the ONLY country in the world I cannot make friends in or connect with. So the problem is Taiwan, NOT me. I'm not the one with zero social skills and zero personality like 99 percent of Taiwanese girls are. There's also no freedom in Taiwan to be yourself or to flirt with girls or connect with people, so it's the most SUFFOCATING country in the world. If you can't be yourself, you are not free, regardless of whether it's a democracy or not. So Taiwan is definitely NOT a free country socially speaking. China is way friendlier and more normal and more social than Taiwan. I spent a year in China so I know and can compare.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

China's strategy to invade Taiwan.

"China is escalating the battle for Taiwan. This weekend, 39 Chinese Jets buzzed Taiwan's Air Defence Zone - while PLA's warships are challenging the US & Japan. What is China's strategy to "invade" Taiwan? Palki Sharma tells you."

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
February 26th, 2022, 6:00 am
Why China may take advantage of the West's distraction toward Ukraine and Biden's weakness and indecisiveness, by attacking Taiwan. Strategically this may be a good chance for China to invade Taiwan too, since the US cannot focus on two invasions at once. Should my parents leave Taiwan and go back to the US?
China is not Russia and Taiwan is not Ukraine or HongKong - total different situation.

The Chinese government is not crazy and Taiwan cannot be taken so easily.

You could also ask if North Korea should invade South Korea, but this is not so easy either.

Or even ask if China together with Russia should invade Japan - and it is a mistake if you really think that US cannot focus on two invasions at once.
There is a fairly strong US presence here in this region and also the Japanese military is not such a small force.

US military is able to take care of 2 regions, Atlantic side and Pacific side.
Should my parents leave Taiwan and go back to the US?
Why going back to the USA? Why not move over to China? Or why not to move them over to Philippines? There are other destinations too, consider a third country option, if you consider to move them out of Taiwan.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... risis.html
Will China make its move while world is looking the other way?

US sends delegation to Taiwan led by former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mike Mullen amid fears Beijing could invade the island during Ukraine crisis
Kurt Campbell, Biden's Asia czar, said 'unofficial' delegation is headed to Taiwan
It will be led by former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mike Mullen
It is due to arrive on Tuesday amid fears of a Chinese attack on the island
Critics of President Biden say Beijing may see weakness in his failure to prevent Ukraine's invasion of Ukraine
Chinese media have warned Taiwan not to rely on Washington
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
February 27th, 2022, 5:08 pm
Winston wrote:
February 26th, 2022, 6:00 am
China is not Russia and Taiwan is not Ukraine or HongKong - total different situation.

The Chinese government is not crazy and Taiwan cannot be taken so easily.

You could also ask if North Korea should invade South Korea, but this is not so easy either.

Or even ask if China together with Russia should invade Japan - and it is a mistake if you really think that US cannot focus on two invasions at once.
There is a fairly strong US presence here in this region and also the Japanese military is not such a small force.

US military is able to take care of 2 regions, Atlantic side and Pacific side.
Should my parents leave Taiwan and go back to the US?
Why going back to the USA? Why not move over to China? Or why not to move them over to Philippines? There are other destinations too, consider a third country option, if you consider to move them out of Taiwan.
Because my parents only like comfortable clean countries like Japan. They cannot tolerate the Philippines like i can.

Taiwan is easy to take i think. Taiwan is not Ukraine. They are not fighters. Every Taiwanese i confront is scared and runs away. They are the weakest people in the world. No way would they fight an invasion. No way. They are a totally different species than Ukrainians. An invasion would be over in 5 min. Taiwanese are even afraid of honesty and directness. They are the weakest people i ever met. They are not Japanese samurai. Just being honest. A spade is a spade. I would never say something that isn't true.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
February 28th, 2022, 6:58 pm
Taiwan is easy to take i think. Taiwan is not Ukraine. They are not fighters. Every Taiwanese i confront is scared and runs away. They are the weakest people in the world. No way would they fight an invasion. No way. They are a totally different species than Ukrainians. An invasion would be over in 5 min. Taiwanese are even afraid of honesty and directness. They are the weakest people i ever met. They are not Japanese samurai. Just being honest. A spade is a spade. I would never say something that isn't true.
Taiwan or China mainland, these are the same Chinese,
mainland Chinese - and the Chinese government itself - are also afraid of honesty and directness.

To compare China-Taiwan with Russia-Ukraine is however difficult.

Taiwan is much better prepared for an invasion - any invasion of Taiwan would be a direct threat to Japan and indirectly also a threat to USA.
Taiwan can also expect help from Japan und USA.

Further, Taiwan is controlling several small islands near China mainland, it cannot be attacked by surprise out of nothing.
There is no street like in Ukraine to drive over with tanks and trucks - to enter Taiwan you need ships and airplanes.

Japan is also threatened by China, North Korea and Russia every day by their warplanes, ships and rockets.
However the Japanese military, especially its navy, is not so weak if being attacked by China - even without considering the US military joint operation.

Any military attack of Taiwan from mainland China is totally unacceptable and will trigger an immediate response from Japan and USA.
Maybe not with combat soldiers, but Taiwan will fully be supported with all necessary supply materials.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/asia_p ... 97102.html
Beijing regards Taiwan as a renegade province that must be reunified with the mainland, possibly by force. In March, then-U.S Indo-Pacific Command leader Adm. Philip Davidson told the Senate Armed Services Committee he believed China could overtake Taiwan and force reunification “in the next six years.”
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021 ... urces.html
Japan, U.S. draft operation plan for Taiwan contingency: sources
KYODO NEWS KYODO NEWS - Dec 23, 2021 -

Japan's Self-Defense Forces and the U.S. military have drawn up a draft joint operation plan that would enable the setup of an attack base along the Nansei island chain in the country's southwest in the event of a Taiwan contingency, according to Japanese government sources.

Japan and the United States will likely agree to begin work to formalize an operation plan when their foreign and defense chiefs meet in early January under the "two-plus-two" framework, the sources told Kyodo News by Thursday.

The development will likely draw a backlash from China, which regards the self-ruled island of Taiwan as a renegade province to be reunified with the mainland, by force if necessary.
The reaction of South Korea will be more complicated as it has already enough troubles with North Korea, but in South Korea are also US-military forces, which can quickly sent over to Taiwan.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Winston wrote:
July 7th, 2021, 11:55 am
Americas biggest mistake was fighting japan in WW2. If they had left Japan alone to rule China then there would be no bullshit Mao and communism to take over China. Big mistake.
+1 8)
Although for the movers and shakers behind the scenes, there was no mistake: The testimony of the highly placed whistleblower Benjamin Freedman talked about the zionist hand in getting the US into the world wars to begin with. Then for the deliberate provocation of Japan, various books such as "Day of Deceit" by WW2 navy veteran Robert Stinnett have documented how the "American government" (aka the ZOG) had prior knowledge of the Pearl Harbor attack, and provoked and caused it deliberately to get an excuse to get the US into WW2.

Communist jew Harry Dexter White was one of the many infamous deep state officials playing a big role in sabotaging Japan's efforts to keep peace, and also toward continuously sabotaging the Chiang Kai-shek nationalists and causing China to fall under mass-murdering jewish communism.

Great article on the subject, with some excerpts posted here:
https://thenewamerican.com/the-communis ... ic-havoc/
Harry Dexter White, a top advisor to Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau, Jr. and President Franklin Roosevelt, is remembered chiefly as the architect of the Bretton Woods Conference that created the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank, but he also played a key role in bringing about the “Day of Infamy,” by doing everything within his power to scuttle the peace efforts of the forces within the Japanese government that were striving to avoid war with the United States. White authored an ultimatum adopted as official policy by FDR that upped the ante of belligerent acts Roosevelt was directing at Japan.

White’s plan was calculated to inflame public opinion in Japan and undermine Emperor Hirohito and Prime Minister Prince Fumimaro Konoye, both of whom favored peace with the U.S. It was also aimed at guaranteeing the rise to power of Japan’s political forces that were beating the drums for war. This is precisely — and predictably — what happened. However, White did not undertake this move on his own initiative, it is important to note, but as a directive of the NKVD (an earlier name for the Soviet KGB). His Kremlin bosses were most anxious for assurance that Japan would not attack the Soviet Union; they thus expended great efforts through their spy and propaganda networks in Japan, Europe, and the United States to ensure that Japan would strike America, rather than the U.S.S.R.
(Lots more detail is in the full article)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0008318435
Japan on alert amid provocations by China, N. Korea, Russia

Following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the government is on alert for provocations in East Asia by China, Russia and North Korea, which it believes might attempt to take advantage of the turmoil in international affairs.

In addition to North Korea’s launch of a ballistic missile into the Sea of Japan on Sunday, military exercises by China and Russia have become more active in the waters and airspace around Japan since the beginning of this year, prompting the Japanese government to step up intelligence gathering and surveillance activities.

---

On Feb. 22, the Chinese military announced it was conducting landing drills with new vessels in the East China Sea. It is thought that the drills are intended to deter the United States by showing off the strength of China’s naval forces in eastern areas including Taiwan and the East China Sea.

When the Russian invasion of Ukraine began on Thursday, China sent fighter jets into Taiwan’s air defense identification zone.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amur_Annexation
Amur Annexation

The Amur Annexation (Chinese: 兼並阿穆爾) was the annexation of the southeast corner of Siberia by the Russian Empire in 1858–1860 through a series of unequal treaties forced upon the Qing dynasty of China. The two areas involved are Priamurye between the Amur River and the Stanovoy Range to the north, and Primorye which runs down the coast from the Amur mouth to the Korean border, including the island of Sakhalin. The territory of Outer Manchuria was formerly under the administration of Qing China.
----
.....and all the land north of the Amur and east of the Ussuri was ceded to the Russian Empire. Thus, by pure diplomacy and only a few thousand troops, the Russians took advantage of Chinese weakness and the strength of the other European powers to annex 350,000 square miles (910,000 km2) of Chinese territory.
Maybe China could claim some land from Russia instead considering to invade Taiwan? Now Russia is busy with European issues - especially Ukraine. So-called historical claims. The land taken from China by Russia is far larger than Taiwan.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If Russia gets away with invading Ukraine, it could leave a precedent. China is also a military power, like Russia. Taiwan does not have an extra entity like the EU that is an equivalent military power that be as likely to defend it.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
March 2nd, 2022, 9:25 pm
If Russia gets away with invading Ukraine, it could leave a precedent. China is also a military power, like Russia. Taiwan does not have an extra entity like the EU that is an equivalent military power that be as likely to defend it.
China had some military disputes with Russia about that region in the past,
Sino-Soviet border conflict
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Sovi ... r_conflict

One thing is for sure, if China tries to take land away from Russia using military force, no country will assist Russia and Chinese military forces might easily outnumber the Russians 10:1 in that remote located area.

-----------------

About Taiwan, USA and Japan cannot tolerate any invasion of Taiwan, they must respond, likely with full material support including weapons and sending their warships between China mainland and Taiwan blocking Chinese warships from mainland.

Also Taiwan is filled up with weapons, not so easy task to invade this small island with its 23 million people and remove the government.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why does China want Taiwan so much? Doesn't China have plenty of land and territory? What would it gain if it had Taiwan and ruined its economy? Who benefits and how?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
March 2nd, 2022, 10:13 pm
MrMan wrote:
March 2nd, 2022, 9:25 pm
China had some military disputes with Russia about that region in the past,
Sino-Soviet border conflict
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Sovi ... r_conflict

One thing is for sure, if China tries to take land away from Russia using military force, no country will assist Russia and Chinese military forces might easily outnumber the Russians 10:1 in that remote located area.

-----------------

About Taiwan, USA and Japan cannot tolerate any invasion of Taiwan, they must respond, likely with full material support including weapons and sending their warships between China mainland and Taiwan blocking Chinese warships from mainland.

Also Taiwan is filled up with weapons, not so easy task to invade this small island with its 23 million people and remove the government.
I doubt it. Why would China do that? Especially since Russia is its ally. Does that land have any value? If not then china will not spoil its relationship with Russia over it. No way. China and Russia need each other now.

If China blockades Taiwan then couldn't Taiwan just produce its own crops and use its reserve oil? How long could it last? Does the US say it will defend Taiwan still? The japanese military is small and insignificant right?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
March 3rd, 2022, 3:27 am
Why does China want Taiwan so much? Doesn't China have plenty of land and territory? What would it gain if it had Taiwan and ruined its economy? Who benefits and how?
Exactly the same question you can ask Russia regarding Ukraine. What will it gain? And Russia has far less population than China about 1:10 and has already more land than China.

This is not really about China, it is about the ego of a president who appointed himself as a dictator for life. Same in Russia. These dictators are too long in a powerful position and do not want to retire, they are suffering of megalomania.

Chinese president Xi 习近平 is never satisfied. Very greedy man. He has disputes with almost every country next to China - from very large landplots like Anuchal Pradesh (called in China 'South Tibet') from India up to very little landplots from tiny Bhutan, some small islands from Japan in the East China Sea up to an entire ocean called South China Sea and even claiming some of the Riau Island from Indonesia which are far south located from Vietnam.
China also occupied land in Nepal, but Nepal has a China orientated communist government, so nobody says a word about it....
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... s?from=mdr
"Why should China come over into Nepal, when China is already sixty times the size of our small country?" Telegraph quoted Jivan Bahadur Shahi, a lawmaker in the Nepali Congress Party as saying.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... aign=cppst
Of course Chinese president Xi wants Taiwan too.

The only excuse for this man is that his family had indeed a terrible time and as a child and young man he was sent to prison and labour camps during the culture revolution.

Similar to Putin, after coming to power he improved the daily life of Chinese people considerably - but failed to retire.
Such dictators do not understand the point when it's time to go.