Frontier style fighting

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Frontier style fighting

Post by Cornfed »

Fascinating article about the style of fighting used to settle manly disputes in frontier times in the southern states. White men, particularly the Scots-Irish, used to be so awesome back then. I imagine a lot of effort must have gone into transforming us into the mainly useless pussies of today.

http://jmanly.ejmas.com/articles/2001/j ... n_0401.htm
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Frontier style fighting

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:Fascinating article about the style of fighting used to settle manly disputes in frontier times in the southern states. White men, particularly the Scots-Irish, used to be so awesome back then. I imagine a lot of effort must have gone into transforming us into the mainly useless pussies of today.

http://jmanly.ejmas.com/articles/2001/j ... n_0401.htm
This coming from a guy who no doubt refers to violence amongst blacks over such trivial things as proof of their primitive and subhuman nature.

But I'm sure the irony that you celebrate the idea of barbaric and senseless violence between whites escapes you.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Frontier style fighting

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote: This coming from a guy who no doubt refers to violence amongst blacks over such trivial things as proof of their primitive and subhuman nature.

But I'm sure the irony that you celebrate the idea of barbaric and senseless violence between whites escapes you.
Some actually theorize that the reason ghetto blacks behave the way they do in some cases, such as murdering each other over being "dissed", is because their ancestors learned such behavior from certain white minorities such as the Scots-Irish. I guess the difference is that the men in the article were engaged in founding a great society and a global empire (albeit in the service of evil) and their violent culture helped them to do that. It was effectively violence in the service of society. Contemporary American blacks aren't achieving anything and so are just scum, and generally cowardly scum at that. Also note that while they could have easily used weapons to settle disputes, there was a strong cultural aversion to doing that in favor of a manly unarmed contest. There is something noble about that.