Who to blame for modern culture

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Who to blame for modern culture

Post by fschmidt »

The walking brainstems who pass for people today certainly can't be blamed for anything. They are the product of modern culture, not the cause of it. We need to look back to people with brains for the cause.

Boomers were intelligent and well-intentioned but they were ignorant of religion and history and they had inherited a dysfunctional political system that included women's suffrage. Because their ignorance, it was inevitable that all their conclusions would be wrong. So they can't be blamed. Who caused the destruction of education and the political system?

The Third Great Awakening produced the first social justice warriors of western culture. These lunatics promoted women's suffrage and attacked prostitution and evolution. Prostitution is needed to protect female chastity and attacking evolution undermined the eugenics movement which was needed to prevent dysgenic decay. They were also complicit with the destruction of traditional western education as promoted by evil intellectuals. The full effect of this horrible movement can be seen in the 1920s. What caused all this? This was the result of modern Christianity which is an evil perversion of traditional Christianity. So I can't really blame these people, the blame lies with modern Christianity itself.

Where did modern Christianity come from? It came from the Second Great Awakening. A key player was Charles Finney as I described here. This movement killed the Enlightenment and made Christianity an enemy of science. It also destroyed the traditional historical understanding of Christianity and encouraged religious ignorance. So here is where the blame really lies. But there remains the question of what allowed such a horrible change to happen to Christianity in the first place.

So now I will extend the blame to Luther. The key good figures in the Reformation are Zwingli and Calvin. Luther was the bad guy and almost everything he said was bad. In particular his idea that we are all consecrated priests through Baptism meant that ignoramuses like Finney who lacked any serious religious education could be taken seriously. For more on the Reformation I recommend reading A Reformation Reader: Primary Texts With Introductions.

Cultures depend on their founding religion. Western culture depended on the Reformation which effectively died with the Second Great Awakening. At that point, it was only a matter of time before the culture would degenerate into the collection of evil morons that it is today.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Re: Who to blame for modern culture

Post by jtest28 »

OK, fschmidt, I will blame who ever you tell me to, not the people who obviously are the culprits.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

jtest28 wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:40 am
OK, fschmidt, I will blame who ever you tell me to, not the people who obviously are the culprits.
You tell me, who is responsible for women's suffrage?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

No one is to blame. History has a mind of its own. Only a very few people at the top can affect the course of history, but that power is only in theory, because in practice these leaders are always surrounded by flunkies who push them down the path of conventional thinking.

Just look at this covid hysteria. Why is every country, including those hostile to one another such as Russia versus the West, following the same path? Because the (((elite))) gathered in a secret temple hidden in Switzerland and decided to finally impose the New World Order? Better explanation is groupthink. No one knew what to do in January, so they all decided simultaneously: (a) better safe than sorry; (b) best follow the herd, since if the herd is wrong, you won't stand out, whereas if the herd is right, God help any leader who didn't follow the herd. And the same logic continues. Doesn't matter if the economy is ruined, people starve, etc. As long as your country is no worse off than the other countries, no one can fault the decision making. That's why everyone hates Sweden, because it will make everyone else look bad.

Same logic has always been true. Path of blame avoidance always makes perfect sense for the individual, whether leader, expert advisor to the leader, whip cracking policeman who carries out the leader's orders, peon who obeys the orders. Logic at the individual level leads to idiocy at the level of society as a whole. Best bet has always been to somehow get an independent income then retire to someplace secluded and escape the madhouse of society. In fact, if you can work from home and stores aren't crowded and you can go out for walks now and then, this mass quarantine should be cause for rejoicing, since less interaction with idiots than usual. Just make sure not to watch the mass media: stupidity is more contagious than covid19.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

We're all to blame, when I ignored my friends and family sitting down to have dinner and took my dinner to the other room to eat in front of the tv I contributed to the erosion of our culture. :lol: I think Protestantism was a big reason why boomers were attracted to rebellious music and drugs because something very dull can't compete for the attention of young people with something loud and exciting.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

HappyGuy wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 2:03 pm
We're all to blame, when I ignored my friends and family sitting down to have dinner and took my dinner to the other room to eat in front of the tv I contributed to the erosion of our culture.
Should one blame the retarded for being retarded? Modern scum (members of modern culture) are basically retarded. Anyone not retarded should not own a TV and should reject modern culture.
I think Protestantism was a big reason why boomers were attracted to rebellious music and drugs because something very dull can't compete for the attention of young people with something loud and exciting.
Protestantism only became dull when it became shallow. Early Protestantism wasn't dull.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

jtest28 wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 11:40 am
Who are you try'in to say is at fault ? I will admit they have made a very very interesting point and that is most people truly do have shit for brains and need to be regulated like animals.
Last edited by Moretorque on April 27th, 2020, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 12:59 pm
History has a mind of its own. Only a very few people at the top can affect the course of history, but that power is only in theory, because in practice these leaders are always surrounded by flunkies who push them down the path of conventional thinking.
What about Muhammad?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

fschmidt wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm
Shemp wrote:
History has a mind of its own. Only a very few people at the top can affect the course of history, but that power is only in theory, because in practice these leaders are always surrounded by flunkies who push them down the path of conventional thinking.
What about Muhammad?
The creation of Islam means nothing, since people are creating new religions constantly. Look at our own Dan Cilley and his one-man cult, for example. What is interesting is the sudden expansion of Islam across much of the world. That was a result of the power vacuum at that time combined with the wide network of Arab traders that had long existed in North Africa and Southwest Asia combined with the exceeding importance of horseback skills at that stage of weapons technology. If it wasn't Islam, there would have been some other Arabic conquest, possibly under a different religion, possibly a secular conquest like that of the Mongols in northern and eastern Asia.

There are power vacuums now in the world. In particular, there is a huge demand for true communally owned tech consortiums, and the only way to get true lasting communal ownership is through a religion, for example Mormons or Scientology, though Catholic Church is best example because so long lasting. Workers would be modestly paid, with surplus accumulating in the church (tax favored in the US!), existing voting members would admit new voting members after maybe 15 years valuable contribution, members could never take money out of church beyond a modest salary but they would get rights to a guaranteed modest income for life once they reached voting status (voting members could be expelled under exceptional conditions, especially betrayal and other attempts to harm the group, but not mere loss of competence due to age).

To be successful long term, religion would need to have only men as voting members. Women would get member-like privileges (other than voting rights) by having children from a voting member or by being the current sex partner of a voting member. Both non-member men and women could work as secular employees of the church businesses, under same conditions as employees at regular corporations, meaning few rights. Because members would have little wealth besides their membership rights, which is a form of "wealth" which cannot be seized by courts or transferred, and modest incomes, they would little to fear from divorce, since few assets to split and modest child support.

Details of the religious beliefs are less important than the communal ownership, which is the failing of current tech corporations and even legal/accounting "partnerships" which are all ponzi pyramids: founders and successor elite reap all the benefits and later hires get very little. There have been tentative moves to create communal tech organizations, but they all go astray by either being non-profit (so no power, since money is power in this world) or they aren't really communal but rather owned by an elite. For example, Wikipedia fails on both counts: non-profit and owned by one person.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 1:11 am
The creation of Islam means nothing, since people are creating new religions constantly. Look at our own Dan Cilley and his one-man cult, for example. What is interesting is the sudden expansion of Islam across much of the world. That was a result of the power vacuum at that time combined with the wide network of Arab traders that had long existed in North Africa and Southwest Asia combined with the exceeding importance of horseback skills at that stage of weapons technology. If it wasn't Islam, there would have been some other Arabic conquest, possibly under a different religion, possibly a secular conquest like that of the Mongols in northern and eastern Asia.
You shouldn't call yourself a Muslim.

This and the rest of what you wrote is speculative nonsense contradicted by all real world evidence. It is typical of modern thinking. You should study religion and history to cure yourself of this way of thinking. And then you will appreciate the accomplishments of Muhammad.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

fschmidt wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 10:14 am

You shouldn't call yourself a Muslim.

This and the rest of what you wrote is speculative nonsense contradicted by all real world evidence. It is typical of modern thinking. You should study religion and history to cure yourself of this way of thinking. And then you will appreciate the accomplishments of Muhammad.
I called myself a Christian all my life before converting to Islam, because I was baptized and raised Christian, though I never believed most of the nonsense in the Bible, such as that Jesus rose from the dead. (The parts about the Jews massacring other tribes and being massacred in turn might be true, other than some exaggerating of numbers of dead.) I was a bad Christian, in other words. Now I'm a bad Muslim.

You should stop looking for heroes to worship. Muhammad (and Jesus also) was just another man, with the same limitations as the rest of us hairless apes, who happened to be in the right place at the right time for his natural talents to bear great fruit. Were he born today, he'd be another nobody spouting off on internet forums like you and me or maybe he'd making crackpot YouTube videos like Dan Cilley.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Shemp wrote:
April 27th, 2020, 1:47 pm
You should stop looking for heroes to worship. Muhammad (and Jesus also) was just another man, with the same limitations as the rest of us hairless apes, who happened to be in the right place at the right time for his natural talents to bear great fruit. Were he born today, he'd be another nobody spouting off on internet forums like you and me or maybe he'd making crackpot YouTube videos like Dan Cilley.
Most people are worthless moronic scum. Those who aren't deserve respect. And those capable of leading others away from being worthless moronic scum are prophets, and they are heroes.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
No one is to blame. History has a mind of its own. Only a very few people at the top can affect the course of history, but that power is only in theory, because in practice these leaders are always surrounded by flunkies who push them down the path of conventional thinking.

Just look at this covid hysteria. Why is every country, including those hostile to one another such as Russia versus the West, following the same path? Because the (((elite))) gathered in a secret temple hidden in Switzerland and decided to finally impose the New World Order? Better explanation is groupthink. No one knew what to do in January, so they all decided simultaneously: (a) better safe than sorry; (b) best follow the herd, since if the herd is wrong, you won't stand out, whereas if the herd is right, God help any leader who didn't follow the herd. And the same logic continues. Doesn't matter if the economy is ruined, people starve, etc. As long as your country is no worse off than the other countries, no one can fault the decision making. That's why everyone hates Sweden, because it will make everyone else look bad.

Same logic has always been true. Path of blame avoidance always makes perfect sense for the individual, whether leader, expert advisor to the leader, whip cracking policeman who carries out the leader's orders, peon who obeys the orders. Logic at the individual level leads to idiocy at the level of society as a whole. Best bet has always been to somehow get an independent income then retire to someplace secluded and escape the madhouse of society. In fact, if you can work from home and stores aren't crowded and you can go out for walks now and then, this mass quarantine should be cause for rejoicing, since less interaction with idiots than usual. Just make sure not to watch the mass media: stupidity is more contagious than covid19.
Shemp makes a good point. Sometimes the reason people all think and act the same, even those in power, is because they are into group think or have a group mind. The Air Force discovered in 1987 when they redid the Michelson-Morley experiment with better equipment, that the Ether does exist as some magnetic field that connects all living things. That's how birds and fish are able to navigate and know when to go south, for example. The magnetic field also connects our consciousness and minds and can sometimes cause telepathy too. Even Dr. Michael Persinger, the darling of materialistic atheists, found this out in his telepathy experiments.

So basically, we are all interconnected. That's how for example, if you shoot a gun in the air with many birds around, all the birds can instantaneously fly in the same direction without thinking about it or planning it. It's instantaneous because they all have a group mind. So do humans too. So people at the top don't necessarily have to collude in a secret room (though they can sometimes do that too). They just think alike and are connected naturally, like animals and insects are, so they can all react the same way too, instinctively. You see this at the top levels and at the bottom levels with the masses too. They just react, and don't necessarily have to meet or plan anything.

Likewise, when something goes on in your body, the 40 or 50 trillion cells in your body will also react the same way, as if they have one mind and one purpose. They don't have to plan anything together. They just react with one mind, because they are all connected by a hive mind too. In the micro world and macro world, it works the same. Thus humans are a lot more animalistic than you think. Even though they can read and write, most humans still have a hive mind like animals, and most are also fixated on surival and making money, just like animals are.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne