Was it easier to get laid during the Sexual Revolution?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Winston
Site Admin

Was it easier to get laid during the Sexual Revolution?

Post by Winston »

What was the sexual revolution in the 60's about? And the Woodstock Festival?

Did stuff like that really make women more free and open about sex? Did it make it easier to get laid in the US?

Was is all a fad? Did the girls just pretend to be loose and easy?

Were they loose and easy to average guys or only alpha males and popular hippies and their hippie bands?
Last edited by Winston on December 28th, 2011, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What was the sexual revolution in the 60's about?

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:What was the sexual revolution in the 60's about? And the Woodstock Festival?

Did stuff like that really make women more free and open about sex? Did it make it easier to get laid in the US?

Was is all a fad? Did the girls just pretend to be loose and easy?

Were they loose and easy to average guys or only alpha males and popular hippies and their hippie bands?
You might wanna go see "Taking Woodstock" directed by your compatriot Ang Lee. It was released in 2009 and showed in Taiwan theaters a few months ago. Its in local DVD shops now.

I think the Vietnam War (known as the American War in Vietnam) and the way the US government lied about what was really happening over there was one of the big catalysts.

I suspect the cooler hippies and band guys took in the lion's share of that 'easy ass' (sorry Ajushi). But it would be interesting to hear from anyone on your forum actively partook in the movement or witnessed it as young man. I guess they would be aged in their 60s now.

BTW, Cleo Odzer who wrote a dissertation on Bangkok's Patpong working girls and published a book about it - "Patpong Sisters" spent her youth in Goa India and lived an extreme hippie lifesytle. She published a book about that experience - "Goa Freaks, My Hippie Years in India" which I have not been able to get a copy of yet. But I've heard its no holds barred completely open and honest.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

For most of the mainstream population in the U.S. that wasn't part of the ultra-trendy on either coast, what is thought of as the '60s and the sexual revolution was actually the '70s. Yes, it was MUCH easier to get laid then. Look back through the archives of Time magazine for a cover story circa 1973 on the rise of singles bars, and you'll get a feel for the zeitgeist. For a brief while, sex was considered healthy and liberating.

But by the early '80s the game was starting to come to an end. You had Looking for Mr. Goodbar, a very popular movie about a woman who got killed by a guy who picked her up in a bar, ramping up female paranoia. You had AIDS joining herpes and other well-established STDs, and it wasn't (still isn't) widely understood that heterosexual sex was not a common means of transmission. You had anti-male feminism gathering steam in the schools. You had a lot of women not being called the day after romantic encounters, or any time thereafter, by a lot of guys (and here I must confess my own complicity -- a lot of us sort of deserve the females we have gotten). You had a growing culture of narcissism. And you had good, old-fashioned American puritanism reasserting itself. Being people who always must go to extremes, Americans just don't handle hedonism well, and have to withdraw into realms of moral certainty, such as fundamentalist/evangelical Christianity. We just can't make sex a normal part of life, as it seems to be in Europe.

Over the course of thirty years things have changed completely since those halcyon days, to the point where I think a normal, healthy desire for hetero sex has all but been bred out of most American women. They're a different breed now, with strange and perverse desires.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

"Did the girls just pretend to be loose and easy? "
What do you mean by 'pretend'?
Girls would f**k then. Maybe they pretended to f**k, too.

Go read up old articles in the Washington Post archives, Time, Newsweek and such. It's as jackson wrote - for awhile, until about 1982 or 1983 (the moment I finished college) the girls were cool, open to having fun, curious, and they wanted to f**k. I was asked out on 3 dates 1981-1983. None since. There was actually an 18 month period where chicks wanted the sensitive guy schtick. That was 1980 to 1982. 3 short years later the future grads would be arguing with you in a bar. 25 years later the girls were just so f***ed in the head that they could have healthy hetero intercourse without some fetish, violence, choking, tattoos, knife play, kinky sex of any sort.

Now, I simply don't care as I fish in another pond.
wuxi
Freshman Poster

Post by wuxi »

The sexual revolution was developed by the governemnt to turn normal women into whores. Since men don't marry whores the population would decrease as a result. It was part of the feminist movement and its primary goal was to turn western women into the highly disfunctional basket cases they are today. One of the goals of the feminist movement was to get women out of the of the house so the government could tax them. This had the added bonus of doubling the workforce which ment corporations didn't have to pay out as much in wages. Also, working women don't give as much attention to there families so this would increase divorce and further destabilize society making future generations easier to exploit. By redefining womens roles and dismantling the traditional nuclear family huge profits could be made and political power could be consolidated.
travel_man
Freshman Poster

Post by travel_man »

Rock wrote:
I think the Vietnam War (known as the American War in Vietnam) and the way the US government lied about what was really happening over there was one of the big catalysts.

You know, I hear this a lot, but I have seen virtually no clear explanation about what this lying was, or its significance. Now, I'm no naive fool: I have no doubt the US government did lie and wasn't truthful about everything they were doing in Vietnam. But then, they weren't very truthful about the Second World War or Korea either, the latter of which was very similar to Vietnam's situation. So what makes the US government's lies about Vietnam particularly unique or noteworthy compared to those of previous wars?
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

travel_man wrote:
Rock wrote:

You know, I hear this a lot, but I have seen virtually no clear explanation about what this lying was, or its significance. Now, I'm no naive fool: I have no doubt the US government did lie and wasn't truthful about everything they were doing in Vietnam. But then, they weren't very truthful about the Second World War or Korea either, the latter of which was very similar to Vietnam's situation. So what makes the US government's lies about Vietnam particularly unique or noteworthy compared to those of previous wars?
I think possibly because the American government had no real desire to win the Vietnam War. They could've flattened Hanoi's industry, mined Haiphong's ports and flattened the North Vietnamese airfields if they so desired. In fact, they spent years bombing large tracts of jungle and generally fighting a defensive war on the North Vietnamese's terms. Why? Partially because they were too cowardly to call Russia and China's bluff with regards to those airfields and partially because their ego wouldn't let them withdraw until staying became too politically untenable. In fact, they only attacked North Vietnam the way they should've from the outset to force the North Vietnamese back to the negotiating table so that they could withdraw.

They at least showed intent with regards to the first two wars, nearly conquering all of Korea until the Chinese sent them back to around the 38th Parallel (I think).
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

It Was Much Better During the "Sexual Revolution"

Post by WorldTraveler »

Yes. I believe the best time it has been for sex for American males was after the sexual revolution occurred. It began in 1967 during the Summer of Love and ended in 1985 with the explosion of AIDs. So that was really only 18 years, a really short period of human history or I should say US history. It probably started before, maybe even a decade before in small ways. But during the Summer of Love, the Free Love hippie movement women believed they could make love just like a man, “women’s liberation�. They were in charge of their body now with the invention of the pill. Also, STDs had been eradicated. This included the two main ones: Syphilis and Gonorrhea. With loosening of morals, birth control readily available, and no STDs, time was right for the Sexual Revolution or Free Love. Also, there was a lot to rebel about then.

It didn’t hit the US all over at the same time and certain areas of the USA were more conservative than others. Places like the South and some of the Heartland were less promiscuous than the coasts.
-
What was it like? It was easier to get laid then than it is today to get a good make-out in private now. Then many of make-outs in private ended up as sex.

The concept of getting a girl’s number was almost a joke. You only got numbers of the absolute best ones. Usually you may have already made out with her.

One other major difference in the attitude was that girls wanted to have guys for boyfriends. A girl with a boyfriend was a superior girl to one that didn’t have one. Even at the hookup level for the night, the girls that met guys were actually admired by their peers. I can remember picking up girls at bars and having them leave with me and their friends were jealous of them. They’d ask me do you have any friends for them.
-
Unfortunately while it was happening we had no idea that things would change so greatly for the worse in a few short years! It was a glorious time while it lasted!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Was it easier to get laid during the Sexual Revolution?

Post by Winston »

https://www.azquotes.com/author/6930-Mi ... lebecq?p=2

"It is interesting to note that the "sexual revolution" was sometimes portrayed as a communal utopia, whereas in fact it was simply another stage in the historical rise of individualism. As the lovely word "household" suggests, the couple and the family would be the last bastion of primitive communism in liberal society. The sexual revolution was to destroy these intermediary communities, the last to separate the individual from the market. The destruction continues to this day."
- Michel Houellebecq
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WilliamBlole
Freshman Poster

-

Post by WilliamBlole »

I dont know enough of the specifics to debate it this way. However, I do have an informed opinion which Ill state and then shut up: McCarth58ay turns out to have been right about a lot, but was still a jerk with no class.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: Was it easier to get laid during the Sexual Revolution?

Post by Outcast9428 »

I'd argue the 1950s was the easiest time to have sex. All the girls wanted, more then anything, to fall in love, get married to a good man, and raise a family with him. The average girl got married when she was only 20 years old. 25% of girls married before they even reached 18 years old. Imagine living in a world where girls actually want to get married and be in relationships more then men do.

Also, most girls were housewives and didn't have a job so they were a little bored during the day time. Boredom can make a woman very much look forward to her husband coming home lol. I even read an article by the Guardian admitting that people had much more sex in the 1950s then they do today. It was by a significant margin too, like 50% more or even twice as much sex on average then people have today.

Young people especially I imagine had way way more sex in the 50s then young people have now. College men's sex lives these days are looking absolutely pathetic. 66% of college age men now are sexually inactive. In the 50s, most men were married by the age of 22.