Russia's Invasion of Ukraine, aka "Putin's Special Operation"

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine, aka "Putin's Special Operation"

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 6:13 am
Russia has lost the war.
Not lost, but facing unprecedented resistance which Russia did never expect. 3 days special military operation was the idea and Russian soldiers will be welcome with flowers - it did not work out....

Russia is such a large territory, that the Russians can move back to their own country anytime and nobody can follow them.

I guess the Russians will give up Ukraine while destroying as much as they can and disappear and the Ukrainians with the help of EU will created a new Iron curtain - a highly fortified borderline between Russia and Ukraine (some sources already talk about a border similar dangerous as between North and South Korea....shot at sight)

We will see, just waiting it out....maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong, I don't know.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I hope Russia wins. If not, Baryshnikov would be the LEAST GAYEST entity Russia/USSR has ever had!!!! :shock: ....as the wokeism would spread full-stop to AND through Russia. It's bad enough Starbucks has a lot of locations in both St. Petersburg & Moscow....that's typically how it starts IJS (#imjustsaying)
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 4:40 pm
I hope Russia wins...
Russia will not win and cannot lose is my opinion. The population is too small to win, the country is too large to lose...

The problem with Russia are not the people, but the present government which is suffering of megalomania.

USA together with EU+UK+Ukraine (and you might also add Japan somehow to this group, and also Australia and some others....) are more than 850 million people and are by far much more productive than Russia. Russia cannot win, this is not possible - it also cannot lose, but it is getting weaker and poorer... Russian's GNI capita is now about USD 12.000,- (not very impressive, about same as China) and I guess it will decline in future.
(USA GNI capita is more than USD 70.000,- and despite all the chaos within EU its GNI capita is still around US 37.000,-)

We will see what will come after some changes in Russian politics, more isolated or more open in future, with or without Putin and some rather useless politicians next to him.. - it is just too early - at this moment everything is pure speculation.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Yohan wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 8:25 pm
I hope Russia wins...
Russia will not win and cannot lose is my opinion. The population is too small to win, the country is too large to lose...
They also cannot afford the humiliation of losing. Hardliners in the government would overthrow Putin of he allowed defeat. And Ukrainians cannot accept loss of territory, because that is humiliating for them and hardliners in their government will overthrow any Ukrainian president who accepts loss of territory for peace. So stalemate is the only possible option. The only question is where the border will be. I expect Russia to fall back over the Dnipr in Kherson, so Dnipr will be border up to the Zaporizhia nuclear power plant. Not sure about borders elsewhere, but probably close to where they are now.

Russia will then strengthen ties with Iran, North Korea and China, plus bring Kazakhstan and Mongolia and the rest of central Asia into the alliance. This Chinese led alliance has the capability of being very dangerous to the USA and its allies. However, it is possible the Chinese will manage to squander their advantages by stupidity. Certainly their stupidity with covid lockdowns suggest Chinese lack common sense.
WilliamSmith
Experienced Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Shemp wrote:
September 21st, 2022, 12:28 am
Russia will then strengthen ties with Iran, North Korea and China, plus bring Kazakhstan and Mongolia and the rest of central Asia into the alliance. This Chinese led alliance has the capability of being very dangerous to the USA and its allies. However, it is possible the Chinese will manage to squander their advantages by stupidity. Certainly their stupidity with covid lockdowns suggest Chinese lack common sense.
Possibly all true, but on the other hand it's been observed that China's government has been treating covid as a bio-weapon created in "American" biowarfare labs and aimed at them and their population, so they might know things we don't know about why they chose to be that heavy-handed with lockdowns.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WanderingProtagonist
Freshman Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Yohan wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 8:25 pm
I hope Russia wins...

The problem with Russia are not the people, but the present government which is suffering of megalomania.

USA together with EU+UK+Ukraine (and you might also add Japan somehow to this group, and also Australia and some others....) are more than 850 million people and are by far much more productive than Russia. Russia cannot win, this is not possible - it also cannot lose, but it is getting weaker and poorer... Russian's GNI capita is now about USD 12.000,- (not very impressive, about same as China) and I guess it will decline in future.
(USA GNI capita is more than USD 70.000,- and despite all the chaos within EU its GNI capita is still around US 37.000,-)

We will see what will come after some changes in Russian politics, more isolated or more open in future, with or without Putin and some rather useless politicians next to him.. - it is just too early - at this moment everything is pure speculation.
But you forget that the US and Japanese populations regardless of size are overworked, tired, depressed, and miserable from all that "productivity" especially the people who have to work constantly non stop with no opportunity to even take a break. Those people are the most at risk of being vulnerable to severe health problems. And the UK? Pbbffffttt. What are they going to do? :lol:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Although it is a drop in the bucket, Vlad keeps on taking out the trash for us. Nice one.

https://www.rt.com/russia/563462-foreig ... ne-killed/
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

Will this culminate into World War III?

I know a few men here in Toronto are cheering on Putin to press the red button.

They believe that the feminist soyciety is too powerful to be removed by a vote or by a protest, thus they are depending on total destruction of the earth as symptoms of a nihilistic depression.

Approaching women is criminal harassment here in Toronto, yet the cost of living in Canada relies on dual incomes. Hypocrisy ain't it? No wonder Toronto men are secretly cheering on Russia.

It appears that the future is indeed female, and sub-8 men are not welcome.

Thus, Trudeau's government making incel a terrorist threat and criticizing women "hate speech".
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

So everything changes after this weekend, when the Donbass and other regions of Ukraine vote to become part of Russia. The gloves come off if the West continues shelling these regions. 300,000 Russian reservists have been called up, and Putin has said that the "decision centers" will be annihilated if what is now Russia continues to be attacked, as they have been for over eight years. Quite honestly, if I lived in Kiev I would get the hell out right now. The West is determined to fight to the last Ukrainian -- they couldn't care less about the country's people, or any expats living there. Corporate media propaganda will lead you right into a suicide mission.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine, aka Putin's "Special Operation" in Ukraine

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
March 8th, 2022, 9:14 am
@Yohan,
Wow Yohan. You need to see those videos. Coach Red Pill explains why Russia already WON the war 4 or 5 days ago, so it's essentially over. The only thing that's going on now is that the thugs and gangsters who funded Zelensky, funded by an oligarch in Switzerland, are making innocent Ukrainians die for them because they do not want to be captured by the Russians, which would mean death for them. So innocent Ukrainian lives are being wasted to protect criminals now. That should sadden and outrage you. Listen to the videos above. They are very truthful and no-nonsense.
I noticed the date: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:14 am, more than 6 months ago.

Today is the 26th Sept. 2022 - takes a little long for a 3-days special military operation. :lol:

So far I see the Ukrainian government is still the same and in control of most parts of the country and the Russians are running away... even running away from Russia as they do not want to serve at the Ukrainian front.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine, aka Putin's "Special Operation" in Ukraine

Post by gsjackson »

Yohan wrote:
September 25th, 2022, 9:54 am
Winston wrote:
March 8th, 2022, 9:14 am
@Yohan,
Wow Yohan. You need to see those videos. Coach Red Pill explains why Russia already WON the war 4 or 5 days ago, so it's essentially over. The only thing that's going on now is that the thugs and gangsters who funded Zelensky, funded by an oligarch in Switzerland, are making innocent Ukrainians die for them because they do not want to be captured by the Russians, which would mean death for them. So innocent Ukrainian lives are being wasted to protect criminals now. That should sadden and outrage you. Listen to the videos above. They are very truthful and no-nonsense.

So far I see the Ukrainian government is still the same and in control of most parts of the country and the Russians are running away... even running away from Russia as they do not want to serve at the Ukrainian front.
The part of former Ukraine that Russia now controls produced 95 percent of the "country's" GDP. Only question remaining is whether Odessa or any access to the Black Sea will be left to the rump "country," which no longer has any industrial base. Good thing you're not in Ukraine, since you swallow the propaganda whole.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Map from Aljazeera
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/9/2 ... bilisation
Criticism grows louder over Russia’s chaotic troop mobilisation
Military call-up has been criticised by the Kremlin’s own supporters – something unheard of in Russia since its ‘special military operation’ in Ukraine began.
I do not see much under Russian control after 6 months invasion. Ukrainian territory is still widely controlled by the same government as more than half a year ago....
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

Now that psycho putin is sending his citizens into Ukraine to fight...
Im glad Im not living under such a crazy dictater like him
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... roops.html

For the full article click on the link above.
Russian opposition to Putin's Ukraine invasion grows as families flee to Georgia to escape conscription: Shock troops arrest 2,000 protesters nationwide in clampdown - as even allies turn on regime and blame mobilisation for exodus and anti-war demos
In Dagestan, videos shared to social media show women in head scarves chasing police away from a rally
Women also protested in Siberian city of Yakutsk, chanting 'No to genocide!' and marching around police
At least 2,000 people have been arrested in recent days for anti-conscription demonstrations around Russia
Thousands fleeing to neighbouring countries- photos show some dragging suitcases across Georgian border

Opposition to Vladimir Putin's spluttering invasion of Ukraine and mobilisation order is continuing to grow in Russia, as families flee to Georgia and mass anti-war protests break out across the country amid mounting fears that one million men will be conscripted.

Putin's escalation of his wicked and barbaric war has sparked an exodus, with men, women and children seen pulling luggage beside cars with Russian licence plates parked at the Georgian side of the Verkhni Lars customs checkpoint some 125 miles outside Tbilisi.

Brave women in the Dagestani capital of Makhachkala, one of Russia's poorest regions, held placards and shouted 'no to war' as they faced down the Kremlin's shock troops at a large anti-war demo today - even as riot police fired warning shots into the air to frighten them.

And now even the Russian dictator's allies are blaming the regime's cack-handed handling of the failed invasion, brutal clampdown on civil liberties since February 24 and forcible conscription of reservists for the exodus and the scale of the protests which have erupted across the country.

The Speaker of Putin's puppet parliament Valentina Matvienko said the use of force - including stun guns and truncheons - by officers pressing people into the Russian Army was 'absolutely unacceptable', adding: 'I consider it absolutely right that they are triggering a sharp reaction in society.'

Thousands have opted to instead flee to neighbouring countries, with photos showing people dragging suitcases across the Georgian border
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Many flee to avoid getting drafted, but where can they go? DW News Sep 23, 2022