Urban Survival - Americans Living In Vans

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Urban Survival - Americans Living In Vans

Post by Taco »

Its only a matter of time before someone on this forum ends up like this guy. Its illegal to live in your car if your homeless in the US.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/user/george4titl ... 81XdRjxV-M

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/user/george4titl ... fDmd42NFXM
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Good post Taco. G4T post some hard hitting stories.

This video also hits close to home for me because I know that area really well and I'm familiar with men in his situation as I use to work at men's home in Lakewood, Ca.

As far as illegal to sleep in your car, it's true. The police will knock on your window and tell you to leave so it's best to sneak into large upscale gated communities (just follow a car going through the gate) or an apartment complex that have lots of visitor parking and just sleep there.

If your car is clean, and well taken care of nobody will bother you. Tinted windows and a sun screen visor that covers the front window is also a must.

Tell you what though, a few times I slept in my car at (one time with a chick I banged in my truck) Newport Beach, Ca and I was blown away... I never slept so good in my life.... It's just amazing to wake up in the middle of the night and hear ocean waves crashing and the smell of sea water... I ENVY the people who have ocean view homes in Newport/Crystal Cove!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Good post Taco. G4T post some hard hitting stories.

Tell you what though, a few times I slept in my car at (one time with a chick I banged in my truck) Newport Beach, Ca and I was blown away... I never slept so good in my life.... It's just amazing to wake up in the middle of the night and hear ocean waves crashing and the smell of sea water... I ENVY the people who have ocean view homes in Newport/Crystal Cove!
I hear the ocean waves of the Pacific Ocean by opening the window in my spacious two bedroom townhouse. But I can afford it because I live in Mexico. It beats sleeping in a car.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

MrPeabody wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:Good post Taco. G4T post some hard hitting stories.

I hear the ocean waves of the Pacific Ocean by opening the window in my spacious two bedroom townhouse. But I can afford it because I live in Mexico. It beats sleeping in a car.
You got it like that in Mexico! I'm really would like to move there. I'm just worried about the violence. How far are you from Ciudad Juarez?