Marriage voided between 90-yr-old Saudi man and teenage girl

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Marriage voided between 90-yr-old Saudi man and teenage girl

Post by jamesbond »

A court in Saudi Arabia has ruled to end the marriage between a 90-year-old man and his 15-year-old bride, Gulf News reports.

The controversial case began when the elderly groom offered a 45,000 riyal ($17,500) dowry to marry the teenage girl -- a proposal the teen's father accepted.

The girl reportedly locked herself in a room following the marriage ceremony and refused to let her husband in, so the marriage was never consummated.

After several sessions, the court ruled to end the marriage, but said the family must give back the dowry, according to Gulf News.

The groom reportedly says the case is still open because the divorce was pronounced by the leader of the tribe and not by an official judge.

"I did not want the dowry money back, and I still want my wife to come home," he reportedly said. "I am going to take the case to a court this week to rule on the conspiracy by the family to take my money."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/20542 ... z2HVG6MnKt
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I always roll my eyes when they make these official statements. They know they've done wrong, but they have to act like they have a serious position.