World's oldest person dies at age 116

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

World's oldest person dies at age 116

Post by jamesbond »

The world's oldest person, whose life spanned three centuries, has died of natural causes aged 116.

Japan's Jiroemon Kimura, who was born in 1897, died in hospital early Wednesday morning.

Mr Kimura, from Kyotango in Kyoto Prefecture, was recognised by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest living person in December 2012 when a woman from the United States died at the age of 115.

On the 28th day of that month he broke another record, when he became the oldest man ever verified to have lived when he reached the age of 115 years and 253 days.

However, he was well off the all-time record set by French woman Jeanne Calment, who died in 1997 at the age of 122, making her the longest living person in history.

Here is the link for the full article:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-12/w ... 16/4748352
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Post by Deformed »

technically you cant die of old age, you can only die from natural causes. you could live to 1000 if you had this huge life support wheelchair with medication, food tubes, breathing tubes and a suspension fluid that braced you for minor impacts caused by gravity