90 Day Fiance season 2 is here! Meet the season 2 couples!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
steve55
Junior Poster

Re: 90 day fiance season 2 is here!! Meet the season 2 coupl

Post by steve55 »

WorldTraveler wrote:
steve55 wrote:Oh, but I didn't suggest the possibility of marriage to her until 2-3 months after I left the Philippines during which time I got to know her more via internet.
Steve, thanks for the link to your photos of your fiance on you website. I think you're smart to take 3 months off to look for a wife. She is very cute. I'm glad to hear you found a smart one. One of my big complaints with Pinays is they don't talk about anything important. This is my complaint with American women too. Most of them never shut up and they don't talk about anything important either. When is your fiance arriving? How does she feel about coming to live in the USA? Will she have to take additional certifications to teach in the USA. What is her family like, compared to most Filipino families?

I was looking at you website and I see all these girls young girls want older men. I see the foreign born younger girls that live in the USA that say they will date older men. Do you believe that they are for real, or just gold diggers? i think foreign girls change almost immediately after they come to the USA.

How do the girls in Peru compare to Pinays? Can you date girls there if you don't speak Spanish?
I don't think that foreign girls become 100% Americanized in the US. Some maybe, but not most. And in that regard, I do believe they truly do like much older men than American women do, even after they have lived in America for many years. I agree that Filipinas are not really the intellectual type and conversations are pretty simple with the vast majority. I don't mind that so much as long as she is somewhat knowledgable about the world and not a bump on the log so to speak. The problem with the opposite (more intellectual types) like you usually find in Eastern Europe and often in Latin America is that they can be more difficult to get along with. Filipinas are simple and not as intellectual, but they more than make up for it by their other great qualities such as being easy to get along with and way less typical female drama. After gaining more experience with Latinas, I think they are almost as much trouble as American women can be and just as prone to drama. Latinas can be very tempermental. I think I much prefer simplicity in ease of getting along with a girl over anything else and Filipinas (Asians in general) are that way.

To answer your last question , yes , you can still date in Latin counties without speaking spanish but your choices will be much more limited reflecting the fact that most girls don't speak good English. However, you can use Internet dating such as late Cupid and weed out the non English speaking girls and should have no problem getting dates that way.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

90-Day Fiance Season 2

Post by MrMan »

Someone mentioned 90-Day fiancé in a previous thread, and I've been watching season 2.

Is anyone watching it?

There is an American girl who married a Nicaraguan pop star. They seem okay. following her to America may put him in a more beta type role, but it looks like he might start a music career in the US and being on the show probably helps him.

There is a Philippina woman who doubted whether her diamond was real, which started her with a bad impression on her viewing audience, IMO, but she seems to be doing better. The guy seems kind of beta, too. She had some difficulty bonding with his little daughter when she took care of her but eventually did and learned to take care of her. I think she's committed. The man has all these older women friends. One of them thinks Philippina women aren't after greencards. Her reaction about the ring seemed a bit ugly, IMO, but otherwise, she seems like she might be okay. Maybe medium maintenance.

I like the couple where the American man is marrying a South African girl. She looks Caucasian with a darker skin town. Her father-in-law is concerned about their interracial marriage. She seems like a nice girl and she's got an interesting accent.

There is this middle aged guy, too, whose got this really moody Brazilian girlfriend. She's an attractive woman, but thinks she looks good enough to model. I think she's just a little good-looking. She seems unhappy about everything and not that crazy about the man she's considering marrying. She also seems controlling and throws tantrums and has to have her way. I keep wondering why the guy wants to be with her. He seems kind of clueless about how to handle a woman, and it looks to me like he might have a bit of a difficult relationship ahead of him. When they first introduced the couple, she was telling him she didn't know if she'd be at the airport to pick her up. He went to get her, not knowing if she would be there. I don't know why he didn't just call it off then. She was upset because he didn't contact her as much as she wanted while he was working. And still she wants him to work less and spend more time with her during the 90 days. She seems demanding and unreasonable. He proposed to her officially in front of a shark tank, which seemed like an appropriate metaphor.

The South African girl wants more time with her fiancé, but she's living apart from him during the engagement because they aren't having sex and want to avoid temptation. When they marry they may have more time together. He's having to drive a long way to meet her. But even though she wants more time, in the episodes, she's a lot more polite and understanding about asking for it than the woman from Brazil.

There is also an attractive Central American woman wanting to marry a man from California. He got her washing dishes right away when she got to America, which was kind of an interesting scene. She went along with it. She'll probably go right into a 'wifely' role. They seem to really care for each other, but he had a sister-in-law that said she thought the woman was after a green card. I didn't think so. The guy has some ideas that I think are stupid that their wedding ceremony should just be between the two of them without any family. She doesn't like that. She wants his family here. But she seems like the type to follow the man's lead, which is a good thing, but she's going to try to intercede on her mother-in-laws behalf to get her into the wedding.

The South African and Central American wives just, based on my impressions from the show, seem like they may be easy to get along with. But the idea of a man living with the Brazilian seems like a nightmare, especially if the doesn't learn how to deal with her without placating her and letting her control him with her demands.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 90-Day Fiance Season 2

Post by MrMan »

I forgot the middle aged hefty red-head married to a young Tunisian man. Family suspects he wants a greencard and that it may not last. I don't know if that's his motivation. Maybe not. If you come from a culture where you can have 4 wives, it may not be that important to you that your wife be young and attractive. He seems to treat the marriage thing in a practical way and willing to not go through with it if the woman conceals things from him. He seems like he's trying to take his role as man in the household and be in charge, as young as he is. The woman worries, complains, hides her sad financial problems from him. He can't work on his current visa so they plan to marry so he can get a visa.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Re: 90-Day Fiance Season 2

Post by pandabear »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm downloading now.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The season finale is this Sunday on TLC 8pm central time. Here are some clips from this some of this seasons episodes.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

I saw all the episodes on Youtube, my favourite was the girl from South Africa, but it's hard to judge these couples as I'm sure they had hours and hours of footage which was edited for "entertainment value". My least favourite was the lady with the muslim guy from Tunisia. Children tend to learn what they live... her poor daughters :|
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I saw the series, assuming episode 10 was the last one. I feel bad for the guy who married the Brazilian woman. Not because of her looks but because of her negative and controlling attitude. She's the type to pout and complain until she gets her way, if she isn't demanding it outright. And she kept talking about it not lasting. Unless she changes, he's going to spend a lot of energy just trying to keep her from getting upset.

The South African girl seemed like a real sweetheart, though. They said she was a virgin, too. They seem like a nice couple. They were the couple that seemed the least likely to have big problems. The grooms dad asked how they would handle an interracial marriage in the US where it is not accepted. It's like he was living in the 1950's. The girl looks more white than anything else. She has a bit of an olive complexion. Looking at her, I would know she wasn't 100% European. But I wouldn't know her ancestors are African. And she had a really sweet accent. I was thinking the son could ask his dad where he could find a sweet girl like that whose not a virgin among white folks in the US and see what he said.

The young Muslim marrying the large middle aged heavy red headed single mother with lots of kids seemed like a strange match. She whined all the time. Her family thought he did it for a greencard. He seemed to be exerting himself as the one who would be in charge from the beginning, which is a good thing considering the circumstances. It doesn't look like the woman has run her own life that well. Maybe he can help her with that. If you come from a country where you can have four wives and it's considered acceptable to divorce by repeating "I divorce you" three times, having one that's older and hefty and whines a lot may not be considered as big of a deal as here.

The girl from Columbia seemed nice. She also seemed humble. Her fiancé asked her to do woman stuff and wash the dishes and she did it. She didn't blow up at him or go into a feminist diatribe like some American women would. I didn't like how she was accused of being after a greencard. She could have said, "I don't want to go out and work. I just want to stay home and have babies. I don't need a greencard for that." It's sad so many people think foreign wives are looking for greencards. From what I hear, the stats for marriages from some of these countries have lower divorce rates than marrying the typical American woman. It's better to marry a woman who wants a Greencard who is truly committed to love you for life and realizes she needs to submit to you than an American woman who doesn't need a Greencard, but decides she'll stay marry only as long as she feels 'in love' and when that ends, she gets half. A few hundred bucks for a greencard and a few thousand for tickets can be a whole lot cheaper than half. The Columbian seemed to have very sincere intentions.

One of the posters said a girl like the Filippina who was fat and couldn't cook couldn't get married in the Philippines. But wouldn't a man who had been divorced who had a daughter like that, who lived with butch-looking older women have a difficult time marring in the Philippines? I didn't care for how she questioned the ring, but she seemed like she was nice later one.

The male pop star from Nicaragua and his American girlfriend seemed sincere. He was giving up a lot, probably not coming to the US for a greencard. But being on the show could help launch his career, which is a good thing for both of them. Maybe the girls in the US would love him for the sensitive Latino romantic side he displayed on the show.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

The Tunisan guy struck up some deal with that lady. The issue of work comes up alot by him, by her and by her kids. Maybe the deal is to work and pay her off for the greencard, but in her delusional mind she has fallen in love, or lost, or whatever lol .. http://www.tunisianloverats.com/
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Renata, I know a lot of people think that. The woman he's with is so hefty and so much older than him and has those kids to support. He doesn't seem head-over-heels in love with her, either. But it's possible he's really intending and deciding to marry her and stay with her. Islam allows for divorce fairly easily, though.

It doesn't sound like he's got a typical American philosophy on the relationship between falling in love and getting married, but I don't think someone should have to in order to get a greencard. It would be foolish for immigration to take the position that a marriage is only valid if the couple is 'in love.' Then they'd have to measure love. If he is marrying her with the intention to live with her as husband and wife, that's fine. He doesn't have to do PDA or kiss her during Rahmadan to do that. If he's willing to sleep with her and live with her till she dies as her husband, that should be enough. But that would be a higher standard than we hold a lot of our own population to for marriage since divorce is so easy under our laws.

If a couple are kind of pragmatic and decide to marry for pragmatic reasons-- e.g. She needs a husband, provider, and father-figure for the kids, and he wants to work in the US, assuming they are willing to really live together as husband and wife, I don't think the government should have a problem with it. If it's intended to be temporary, they never sleep together, and money changes hands to get a greencard, those are the cases they should pursue, IMO.

The fact that this man almost didn't marry her when the lawyer gave him a shallow answer to his question that he would be responsible for his wife's decisions, indicates to me that he was probably thinking of something long term with her. If it was some kind of easy visa deal, why would he have cared? And he probably didn't have money to pay her for the visa since she couldn't pay the power bill.

He could be really concerned about being legal to work for real, practical reasons. Have you ever been in a country where you were unable to work legally? It's a stressful thing not to have the paperwork worked out and to be able to support yourself. If he's sincere about wanting to marry (even if he isn't getting someone who matches him on a 1 to 10 scale), of course he wants to work to pay the power bill, to pay for food, and to support that family that he's taking on the obligation to support. Any responsible man would like that.

And he probably feels manipulated by that woman he's with. She apparently didn't plan things out financially. She brings him over where he can't work and she can't support him while he waits on the paperwork. Then he's in a house without power. No wonder he was nervous about linking his fortunes with hers. He probably couldn't afford to go back home. I wonder why the show wasn't paying them something. He can't work illegally with cameras following him around, either.

He didn't seem head-over-heals for her. He probably could have done this with a much younger woman, though, maybe one with fewer kids.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

90 Day Fiance Season Premiere

Post by MrMark1972 »

For those of you,who might be interested,tonight at 10pm EST on TLC is the new season of 90 Day Fiance.
I find it to be an entertaining show but it's not something that I would ever do...that is to say I would never consider bringing a wife to live Stateside or anywhere in the West.That is a recipe for disaster.My opinion,like most board members,is that the guy should re-locate to the girls' country.That eliminates the feminism factor and at least she won't miss her family and lifestyle.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: 90 Day Fiance season 2 is here! Meet the season 2 couples!

Post by Falcon »

There have been lots of interesting couples since then. Check out YouTube to learn more about them.

Some turned out to be disasters. Some turned out to be OK.

But there's a universal theme: it's about living together and being able to solve the practical challenges of daily life together as a couple. Can they do it?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 90 Day Fiance season 2 is here! Meet the season 2 couples!

Post by jamesbond »

The 90 Day Fiance show get's very high ratings every season. I think the more men that watch that show, the more men realize they have other options besides marrying a woman from a western country. Now wonder why so many women hate the show, '90 Day Fiance'.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."