No indictment in Ferguson shooting

Discuss news and current events around the world.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Re: No indictment in Ferguson shooting

Post by lasttry »

Ghost wrote:Don't have a dog in this fight. So many colors involved. A white thug in a blue costume shot a black thug. No good guys here. Won't side with the piggies. Won't side with ghetto blacks either.
Well-said.
Ghost wrote:At this point, I'm just wondering how long it will be until all-out race war explodes all across America. I guess it already is, just being a long war. And quite advantageous to the rulers, as per usual.
There won't be a race war, but there will eventually be a societal revulsion against police militarization. These social changes occur at a glacial pace. It took like 20 years between the breakdown of black culture and rise of ghetto crime in the early 1960's before society started cracking down, then another thirty-plus years for the pendulum to swing too far towards overly harsh policing, excessive sentencing of blacks to prison, etc. The pendulum should start swinging back in the other direction soon, and eventually the US will become similar to Europe with regards to policing, but don't hold your breath waiting.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Gadfly wrote:
Michael Brown's rights were not violated. He got shot after repeatedly defying the officer's warnings. The 1st time the officer warned him, Brown grabbed the officer's gun and said, "you are too much of a p---y to shoot me."
Someone ignoring yelled orders is not grounds for killing someone. Actually it may not even be a crime.

Chances are, a billy club would have been inadequate to subdue Michael Brown, who was about 80 lbs. heavier than the officer, and extremely violent.
In LA the cops use the one with a handle, I call it a billy club, not the correct term. It is more than adequate unless someone is crazy on drugs. It's not just a night stick. A little man can definitely at least defend himself from a big man. If you're shrimpy and scared of being bigger people, that doesn't give you a special license to kill. Maybe if thats a problem for you, you shouldnt pose as law enforcement.

The closest one can know for certain is by evidence, eyewitness testimony, and the same grand jury proceeding that determined that Wilson acted correctly.
I've been on a grand jury. They are easily led by a prosecutor.

In this case the fix was in, as it usually is when cops are accused. Are you doubting that cops often get away with horrible actions? If so I can post quite a few. Just let me know.

Because they don't care about truth. They are liars.
Cops are liars. They lie routinely and expertly, in reports and on the witness stand. The ones who dont lie, still cover up for those who do.

Sure, criminal-class Blacks do too.

The problem is that people believe the cops. Or pretend to. To doubt what they say would require giving up cherished illusions.

Black gangs don't often invade homes in America, beat people, intimidate them, and abduct them without grounds. It happens, but not often. Whereas police gangs do it every day.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Many police departments seem to function as competing gangs. To say that black gangs are not involved and dominant in every aspect of violent crime in America is to ignore reality. The young black man's biggest risk by far is not the cops. It is other young black men. Since the Ferguson shooting, the bodies of hundreds of young blacks murdered by other young blacks have stacked up like cord wood and there is not even a comment.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

Jester wrote:
Gadfly wrote:
Michael Brown's rights were not violated. He got shot after repeatedly defying the officer's warnings. The 1st time the officer warned him, Brown grabbed the officer's gun and said, "you are too much of a p---y to shoot me."
Someone ignoring yelled orders is not grounds for killing someone. Actually it may not even be a crime.

Chances are, a billy club would have been inadequate to subdue Michael Brown, who was about 80 lbs. heavier than the officer, and extremely violent.
In LA the cops use the one with a handle, I call it a billy club, not the correct term. It is more than adequate unless someone is crazy on drugs. It's not just a night stick. A little man can definitely at least defend himself from a big man. If you're shrimpy and scared of being bigger people, that doesn't give you a special license to kill. Maybe if thats a problem for you, you shouldnt pose as law enforcement.

The closest one can know for certain is by evidence, eyewitness testimony, and the same grand jury proceeding that determined that Wilson acted correctly.
I've been on a grand jury. They are easily led by a prosecutor.

In this case the fix was in, as it usually is when cops are accused. Are you doubting that cops often get away with horrible actions? If so I can post quite a few. Just let me know.

Because they don't care about truth. They are liars.
Cops are liars. They lie routinely and expertly, in reports and on the witness stand. The ones who dont lie, still cover up for those who do.

Sure, criminal-class Blacks do too.

The problem is that people believe the cops. Or pretend to. To doubt what they say would require giving up cherished illusions.

Black gangs don't often invade homes in America, beat people, intimidate them, and abduct them without grounds. It happens, but not often. Whereas police gangs do it every day.
Jester,
we're simply not going to agree on this issue. I think the grand jury came to the only reasonable conclusion, given all the evidence. There will always be those like you who will call the whole proceeding a cover-up and lie, simply because they refuse to believe that in some cases, a white cop can justifiably shoot and kill a black thug.

I don't automatically believe cops, but the fact that they lie is not evidence that this particular cop lied, or that he acted improperly. If we took your general view as evidence ("Cops are liars. They lie routinely and expertly, in reports and on the witness stand"), then the fix would always be in, and investigating police conduct would be pointless. And then there would be no way to establish truth, except to automatically judge every white cop who shoots a black thug as a murderer. This will be my last word on this issue, which I think an honest person could easily conclude that the grand jury decided correctly.

Strange that cops never felt the need to shoot this guy...

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw7KDPg8Em8[/youtube]
It's not strange at all. In the video, there were two cops against one male suspect. Second, the suspect was initially compliant. He was on his knees and looked like he was going to surrender peacefully, so the cops probably assumed that a taser alone would suffice. In the Michael Brown shooting, officer Wilson wasn't carrying a taser.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jester wrote:+1 again. This whole thing is a classic provocation.

Triggerhappy bloodthirsty cop shoots lower-class Black, then lies about it.
Media pounce.
Grand jury is guided not to indict.
Announcement is DELIBERATELY delayed till 8pm, to maximize rioting.
National Guard, already on site, is DELIBERATELY withheld, to maximize rioting.
And so on.
Would it be too tin-foil hattish to think the incident was also used to take focus off of unpopular things that would negatively affect more people, like, say, work permits for millions of illegals or maybe those Gruber comments bragging about lying to get ACA (healthcare insurance bill) passed?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything