Scientists Say Sex With Robots Will Be Common In The Future

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Scientists Say Sex With Robots Will Be Common In The Future

Post by jamesbond »

Humans could soon be having sexual relationships with robots, a top academic has claimed.

Dr Helen Driscoll said advances in technology mean the way in which humans interact with robots is set to change drastically in the coming years.

Dr Driscoll, a leading authority on the psychology of sex and relationships, said 'sex tech' was already advancing at a fast pace and by 2070, physical relationships will seem primitive.

Already you can order a mannequin partner online. And robotic, interactive, motion-sensing technology is likely to become more and more central to the sex industry in the next few years.

"It could really start to enable mannequin partners to 'come to life'", according to Dr Driscoll, from the University of Sunderland.

She said: "We tend to think about issues such as virtual reality and robotic sex within the context of current norms.

"But if we think back to the social norms about sex that existed just 100 years ago, it is obvious that they have changed rapidly and radically.

"As virtual reality becomes more realistic and immersive and is able to mimic and even improve on the experience of sex with a human partner; it is conceivable that some will choose this in preference to sex with a less than perfect human being."

Dr. Driscoll adds: "People may also begin to fall in love with their virtual reality partners."
This is an issue explored in the recent film Her, in which Joaquin Phoenix's character falls in love with an operating system. In the hit drama Humans, Anita is a robot who has sex with the father of the family that has bought her.

Dr. Driscoll said she believes that: "This may seem shocking and unusual now, but we should not automatically assume that virtual relationships have less value than real relationships. The fact is, people already fall in love with fictional characters though there is no chance to meet and interact with them."

Dr. Driscoll has shown that there are already many people living alone, people who have not been able to find a partner or have lost a partner who virtual relationships could benefit. Virtual sexual partners may provide significant psychological benefits for them as a virtual partner will be better than no partner at all.

In the world of the future, we could well see human relationships increasingly conducted entirely online.

"And, as some people start to prefer technologically enhanced virtual sex to sex with humans, we may also see greater numbers of people living alone, spending more time in virtual reality."

Based on data suggesting that many young Japanese people are already avoiding sex and intimate relationships there are some suggestions that this may already be happening. Japanese men are already taking their virtual girlfriend apps away on holiday with them to the island of Atami.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/se ... 50-6190575
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Re: Scientists Say Sex With Robots Will Be Common In The Fut

Post by HappyinEurope »

Crazy shit!
"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards." — Aldous Huxley
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

jamesbond wrote:Humans could soon be having sexual relationships with robots, a top academic has claimed.

I would contend most men are already having sex with robots(western women) and don't even know it.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
HappyinEurope
Freshman Poster

Post by HappyinEurope »

Taco wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Humans could soon be having sexual relationships with robots, a top academic has claimed.

I would contend most men are already having sex with robots(western women) and don't even know it.

Exactly, and they need a lot of money to perform. If they do make such a robot I hope they make it like the ideal woman......about three feet tall, round mouth and a flat head ( to put your beer on) The most important feature of such a robot woud be that you can actually turn it off.........
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

To be honest, it sounds kind of creepy to me. It's something that borders on necrophilia. What is the obsession with having so much of life's activities outsourced to a machine? It's like the goal is to be a f***ing mummy living in its case! I never even got why someone would trust all this virtual reality "screw the perfect woman online" stuff, simply because it CAN go any other way- whether deliberately or not. In truth, it could get directed by someone, maybe out of sheer cruelty alone, to be any kind of torturous thing.

Suppose your signal gets crossed with some gay guy's? Sound like a good situation? Suppose there's some kind of glitch & the "chick" bites "it" off in virtual reality? Want to experience that? Really, there's nothing to say that some asshole doesn't upload some scenario where you're railing your own grandma. I wouldn't even flip the coin on that. Call it "unadventerous," "stodgy," "conformist,"primitive"- whatever.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 10th, 2020, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:Sounds like Droid is going to be quite busy in the future...

I don't expect this is going to solve any problems. It will give us another way to mask social decay, perhaps. I concur with the quote by Huxley.
Droid has never posted any pictures of his rear port , he may not be mechanically equipped for it. :D
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Dr Helen Driscoll said advances in technology mean the way in which humans interact with robots is set to change drastically in the coming years.

"top academic" :roll:
I'd like her to tell us about the underlying cheap and reliable power systems that will keep these devices up & running.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Lol check out this sex robot cut-away i found on pinterest haha
I hope it doen't actually grind your tool lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Moretorque wrote:
Ghost wrote:Sounds like Droid is going to be quite busy in the future...

I don't expect this is going to solve any problems. It will give us another way to mask social decay, perhaps. I concur with the quote by Huxley.
Droid has never posted any pictures of his rear port , he may not be mechanically equipped for it. :D
:lol: :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Many married men already have this. She lies still and hopes it ends soon and next day you have to buy her shoes. At least a robot will move and won't make you feel you owe them for the privilege
Mike1488
Freshman Poster

Post by Mike1488 »

Oh boy, I can wait!