Pop superstar Prince age 57, found dead in his home

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Pop superstar Prince age 57, found dead in his home

Post by jamesbond »

CHANHASSEN, Minn. (AP) -- Pop superstar Prince, widely acclaimed as one of the most inventive and influential musicians of his era with hits including "Little Red Corvette," ''Let's Go Crazy" and "When Doves Cry," was found dead at his home on Thursday in suburban Minneapolis, according to his publicist. He was 57.

His publicist, Yvette Noel-Schure, told The Associated Press that the music icon died at his home in Chanhassen. No details were immediately released.

The singer, songwriter, arranger and instrumentalist broke through in the late 1970s with the hits "Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad?" and "I Wanna Be Your Lover," and soared over the following decade with such albums as "1999" and "Purple Rain." The title song from "1999" includes one of the most widely quoted refrains of popular culture: "Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999."

The Minneapolis native, born Prince Rogers Nelson, stood just 5 feet, 2 inches tall, and seemed to summon the most original and compelling sounds at will, whether playing guitar in a flamboyant style that openly drew upon Jimi Hendrix, switching his vocals from a nasally scream to an erotic falsetto or turning out album after album of stunningly original material. Among his other notable releases: "Sign O' the Times," ''Graffiti Bridge" and "The Black Album."

In 2004, Prince was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which hailed him as a musical and social trailblazer.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 1-13-32-53
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Re: Pop superstar Prince age 57, found dead in his home

Post by w.p.o. »

Don't forget "Raspberry Beret."

Another great taken away too early. The man who discovered Carmen Electra was also quite the athlete. I heard the dude knew his way around the hardwood (b-ball). It's said he had the flu. I'm not buying it. I wouldn't rule out an overdose of some sort. Btw, 'when doves cry' is my favorite.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Now the question why the establishment wanted him gone?

Was he pro-Trump?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I wonder how many homosexuals are weeping at this terrible loss right now.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Many so-called celebrities in USA are into drugs and alcohol, he made it up to 57. He could be still alive, but we are all responsible ourselves for our life-style.

The problem is about they do not know when to stop and to retire, they continue their daily party style until they are dead.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Yohan wrote:Many so-called celebrities in USA are into drugs and alcohol, he made it up to 57. He could be still alive, but we are all responsible ourselves for our life-style.

The problem is about they do not know when to stop and to retire, they continue their daily party style until they are dead.
He partied "like it was 1999." :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Prince was a pretty decent guy from what I can tell:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/j ... ntries-fun
"It's fun being in Islamic countries, to know there's only one religion. There's order. You wear a burqa. There's no choice. People are happy with that." When asked about the fate of those unhappy with having no choice, he replied: "There are people who are unhappy with everything. There's a dark side to everything."
His partying, furthermore, was not anywhere near as bad as most musicians' of his day and age. He was a teetotaler, for starters, didn't do drugs, big into healthy-living. Maybe he had a genetic disorder or an undiagnosed heart defect, a medical error, something along those lines. Sad to see him go, interesting fellow.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

There will be an autopsy on him done today to find out the cause of his death.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

No you idiots. He has been HIV+ and on meds since the early 90s. He stopped taking his meds the last two years and that Moline, IL hospital gave him something to trump him out WHEN HE GOT SICK. Why do you think he became a Witness in the mid 90s? So that he thought God would eradicate him from that sickness.

7 was his favorite number. They found him dead in his elevator in his studio on the 21st (7 7 7).

I'm the ingenious poster you love to hate. #newslogan
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:Prince was a pretty decent guy from what I can tell:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/j ... ntries-fun
"It's fun being in Islamic countries, to know there's only one religion. There's order. You wear a burqa. There's no choice. People are happy with that." When asked about the fate of those unhappy with having no choice, he replied: "There are people who are unhappy with everything. There's a dark side to everything."
His partying, furthermore, was not anywhere near as bad as most musicians' of his day and age. He was a teetotaler, for starters, didn't do drugs, big into healthy-living. Maybe he had a genetic disorder or an undiagnosed heart defect, a medical error, something along those lines. Sad to see him go, interesting fellow.
by advent of that logic, Ozzy and Steven tyler should have been pushing up daisies for decades now.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

One more thing, Prince just got the right to his Warner Bros masters a year ago. TPTB don't like that. He talked about chemtrail theories. He just got back into making hedonistic music again for the last two years when he stopped taking meds.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

Adama wrote:I wonder how many homosexuals are weeping at this terrible loss right now.
Hard to tell. Although he was flamboyant, Prince loved women more than music.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Post by w.p.o. »

Banano wrote:Now the question why the establishment wanted him gone?

Was he pro-Trump?
He was, to an extent, echoing the words of Alex Jones.

view from 43:15 - 48:10
http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2016/ ... 98921.html
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I never really got into him but some kids at my school were massive fans. I was more a fan of his work for other artists though. Found it kind of ironic that my niece had never heard of him.

One week in the UK, Queen, Prince and King were all in the Top 20, that was neat.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

w.p.o. wrote:
Adama wrote:I wonder how many homosexuals are weeping at this terrible loss right now.
Hard to tell. Although he was flamboyant, Prince loved women more than music.
About as much as a male cheerleader likes to hang out with lots of women.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.