Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor has died at age 99

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor has died at age 99

Post by jamesbond »

Zsa Zsa Gabor, an icon of glamour and glitz, and a trailblazer of sorts for the famous-for-being-famous set, died Sunday. She was 99. She married well, and she married a lot — she had eight (or nine) husbands by popular estimate, including Conrad Hilton, the hotel magnate and great-grandfather of Paris Hilton.

Gabor is reported have been born Feb. 6, 1917, in Hungary, and crowned a beauty queen, Miss Hungary, as a teenager.

In the early 1940s, she moved to the United States, already a divorcee from a Turkish politico, and soon bound for her next marriage, to Hilton.

Gabor went Hollywood in the 1950s. While she acted in A-list films, such as John Huston’s Moulin Rouge and Touch of Evil from Orson Welles, she appeared in enough B-movies, including cult favorite Queen of Outer Space, to warrant induction into the B-Movie Hall of Fame.

Gabor’s immediate family was famous, too. Younger sister Eva, who died in 1995, starred on the sitcom Green Acres. Older sister Magda, who passed away in 1997, made headlines for her marriage to Zsa Zsa’s third ex-husband, the actor George Sanders (All About Eve). Among the three of them, the Gabor sisters said “I do” roughly 20 times.

Gabor had one child. Daughter Francesca Hilton, by her marriage to Conrad Hilton, died in 2015 at age 67.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/the-gla ... 01262.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."