Woman age 64, gives birth to twins

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Woman age 64, gives birth to twins

Post by jamesbond »

A 64-year-old woman has given birth to twins at a hospital in Spain becoming one of the world’s oldest new mothers.

The mother, who has not been named, has become the second oldest to give birth in Spain after the delivery by Caesarian in Burgos on Tuesday.

At 64 she is also one of the world’s oldest mothers only six years shy of Daljinder Kaur, from India, who gave birth to a boy aged 70, in 2015.

Her babies, a boy and girl, are said to be in a ‘perfect state of health’ weighting 5lbs 3oz and 4lbs 8oz respectively.

The mother, who already has one child, gave birth after successfully having IVF treatment in the United States.

A hospital spokesman said: ‘This is an exceptional case not only for the region, but also for Spain, given the fact that she’s one of the few women aged more than 58 who has managed to successfully complete her pregnancy with twins.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/16/woman-64- ... z4YrL02RU3
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ChinaFan
Freshman Poster

Re: Woman age 64, gives birth to twins

Post by ChinaFan »

I was wondering about menopause and how she still has eggs. In the article it says she had IVF performed and she had a baby six years ago but that child was taken away due to hygiene and education.

She's a grandmother's age. I'm 42 and I wonder if it'll be fair to be an older than average father if I have kids in the best few years, but she might not live long enough to see her kids graduate from high school.