Coronavirus from Wuhan, China

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Coronavirus from Wuhan, China

Post by Yohan »

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200407000723
Two virus patients recover after plasma therapy: hospital

By Kim Bo-gyungPublished : Apr 7, 2020 - 15:21 Updated : Apr 7, 2020 - 17:21

Image on the left shows 71-year-old virus patient's chest X-ray before plasma therapy at Severance Hospital in Shinchon and the right was taken after undergoing treament. (Severance Hospital)

Two patients infected with COVID-19 have recovered after plasma treatments, in the first such cases here, a Seoul-based hospital said Tuesday.

Doctors at Severance Hospital in Shincheon had plasma of virus survivors injected into the two patients, who were in critical condition, and both have since been declared free of the virus. No side effects have been reported, the hospital said.

“Both patients showed improvements in inflammation and the number of lymphocytes, among others, after receiving plasma injection and treatment with steroids,” said professor Choi Jun-young, who is also the chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Severance Hospital.

“Plasma therapy has its side effects and there has yet to be a large-scale clinical trial, so it lacks scientific evidence. But it can be an alternative, used jointly with steroid treatment, for critical virus patients who aren’t seeing results from antiviral treatments.”

One of the patients, a 71-year-old surnamed Kim, received 500 milliliters of plasma in 12-hour intervals twice, along with a steroid treatment, from a male survivor who had been declared free from the virus more than two weeks prior.

The patient was transfered to Severance Hospital after failing to make progress with anti-malaria and AIDS drugs elsewhere.

According to hospital officials, Kim showed symptoms of pneumonia in both the lungs in an X-ray test and had trouble breathing when he first arrived. Kim’s C-reactive protein, which shows systemic inflammation, had also risen to more than 20 times normal levels.

The other patient, 67, also made a full recovery and has now returned home.

A guideline on plasma therapy is to be rolled out in the coming days, health authorities said.

“We are to apply the guideline crafted during MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome). But in terms of the effectiveness of the treatment, there needs to be more analysis of clinical trials,” KCDC Deputy Director Kwon Jun-wook said.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Yohan wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 8:39 pm
... there is no indication of a created or escaped virus from a Chinese research facility. [...] Korean research links this virus as originally coming from bats - transferred to unknown animals - and from there over to humans.
The true (and horrifying) story is that the virus did indeed come from wild bats, which they were studying at the research facility. After the bats died, the researchers threw them in the garbage can for disposal as hazardous biological waste. Because this is China, the janitors responsible for handling this waste decided to make some quick money by retrieving the dead bats from the garbage can and selling them at the nearby wet market. China is ashamed to be associated with such disgusting food habits as eating dead bats pulled from a garbage can, which is why the true story has been suppressed.

As for the janitors, they were cremated some time back...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 9:44 am
Yohan wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 8:39 pm
... there is no indication of a created or escaped virus from a Chinese research facility. [...] Korean research links this virus as originally coming from bats - transferred to unknown animals - and from there over to humans.
The true (and horrifying) story is that the virus did indeed come from wild bats, which they were studying at the research facility. After the bats died, the researchers threw them in the garbage can for disposal as hazardous biological waste. Because this is China, the janitors responsible for handling this waste decided to make some quick money by retrieving the dead bats from the garbage can and selling them at the nearby wet market. China is ashamed to be associated with such disgusting food habits as eating dead bats pulled from a garbage can, which is why the true story has been suppressed.

As for the janitors, they were cremated some time back...
Did they catch the man or men responsible? Have they been named? They ought to crucify them on the cross. Wouldn't everyone be trying to trace the exact origin and name names? What about the families of those janitors? Did they talk? And who ate the bat? Has he been found and named?

This doesn't make sense though. No one would take a bat out of a hazardous trash can like that. Plus hazardous material is usually quarantined in a secure area, not accessible to the public. Like they do in a nuclear reactor. They don't dump hazardous waste in the trash can in a back alley for anyone to pick up. So this story doesn't add up. Plus the janitors would have more common sense than to touch hazardous waste.

Also, if a bat is dead, why would it be marketable at the wet market? You have to kill an animal in a certain way for it to be cooked and edible right? You can't just pick up a random dead animal and sell it in the market. It doesn't work that way. Have you tried picking up dead animals killed on the road and tried selling them in the meat market? Of course not. Are dead fish on the beach shores taken and sold for food? Of course not.

Plus who would eat a bat and why? Isn't that like eating a rodent? It wouldn't even taste good.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some videos trying to explain where coronavirus came from. What do you think?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I want a double order of Wu-Han stew with extra bat sauce....
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Holy cow.

Coronavirus is killing 71 to 80 percent men compared to 20 to 29 percent women:

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/Th ... 143405.php

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 985v1.full

"Chinese doctors have discovered the coronavirus is designed to attach to lung receptors that are five times more common in Asian males than in African or Indo-European males. Asian females also have less than half the amount of these receptors than Asian males".

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

An optimistic hopeful prediction for once.

Why this Nobel laureate predicts a quicker coronavirus recovery: 'We're going to be fine'.

https://report.drudgenow.com/article/?u ... 18391.html

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lol do u guys believe this horror story about the coronavirus? It was allegedly written by a chinese high level official and whistleblower. But sounds like a plot in a zombie apocalypse movie. Lol. Very entertaining. Whoever wrote it though writes too good to be Chinese (unless he grew up in the west) and has a sick morbid imagination. But he is very entertaining and articulate.

CORONA UNMASKED: Chinese Intelligence Officer Reveals True Magnitude of China’s “Fake Coronavirus Cover-up”

https://www.patreon.com/posts/unmasked- ... dQnsP9T4Tk

Haha that was interesting. Whoever wrote that is a talented writer with a creative but morbid imagination. He ought to write movie scripts for hollywood.

Also no chinese person or official writes English that well, unless he grew up in America or the UK. Was the article translated from a chinese version?

Even most chinese americans cannot write that well with flowery language. Because chinese americans are focused on math, science, engineering, medical school, accounting, etc. Not on developing creative flowery writing skills. I grew up in the SF bar area around the biggest chinese american communities. So i know.

He also offers no hope and claims everyone will die from the virus with a 100 percent kill rate and that we are all doomed. No one says that unless they get a sick pleasure out of scaring people.

Also if a government traitor were to give a bioweapon vial to the CIA it would not be mishandled and drop and break so easily like in the movies. Government scientists and the CIA have many safety protocols to prevent clumsy accidents like that. So that makes no sense.

He also contradicts himself, as these commentators pointed out:

"larry flynt

TLDR; It's fake. It was easy to identify him. He is not protecting his identity. he just wanted to concoct a not-well-thought-off story. He Says: "I ask you to respect the fact that I have stripped out of this account all facts that would make it easy to identify me." But also said; "I am a senior Chinese military intelligence officer" "It was at this time that I first violated our protocol: an elderly lady begged me for death (sic) that I took pity and shot her. I was reprimanded, but fortunately the complaint was dropped when I agreed to reimburse the cost of the bullet." "I vomited in the toilet. (sic) You are ten years my senior, the look said, but you are soft." JUST WITH THOSE, HE IS EASILY IDENTIFIABLE."

"larry flynt

More contradictions: He was afraid to be identified because he was scared for his family; "It will not surprise you to hear that if my identity were to be revealed, my life would be in grave danger, as would those of my wife and son." But in a surprise m--f--ing twist; "We told him that he was very sick. He asked more, and we told him he would not get better. He continued asking, and we told him that he would die." "Let them come. Let them do with me as they will. I no longer care." This is sh-t writing. He does not have a future in creative writing."

"titchwolf fenris

I can confirm it is fiction. It's on Reddit the horror no sleep community and the writer already confirmed it's just a story. Plus the writer doesn't know that no one in china calls their leader president.they call him chairman."

"Shelly Perkins

Cool story bro, but this entire concoction reeks of bullshit. Don't you think "Cpl. Meng" would remember his covo to you, or the fact you took your biomask off to throw up in the toilet? You don't want to give up your identity because you have a wife and son, which by the way is already infected but you're cool at the end with "Let them come, they can do with me as they will, I don't care" Why not take take this story Worldwide? Fox news, CNN, MSNBC, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or hell shoot for Snapchat, it'll disappear after a certain amount of time"

"E.C. Soulad

I stopped reading when he had to reimburse the bullet used on the woman.... Unless it's a 10M tonne TNT bullet he should pay for it."

However it could be true that coronavirus isba leaked bioweapon gone wrong. Maybe the author of the story deliberately put out a ridiculous story full of contradictions to make conspiracy theories look foolish and discredit them. So maybe its a psyop to make conspiracies sound crazy and self contradictory and fictional.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

My friend alexs analysis proving that quarantine is useless.

[4/8, 2:20 PM] Alex From Venice:

[4/8, 2:22 PM] Alex From Venice: that's the link to my Facebook post. I personally extracted official data and made a custom graph that shows very well that lock downs and extreme quarantine have been useless

[4/8, 2:24 PM] Alex From Venice: Even by just knowing how the virus transmission works, it was clear since the beginning that total lock down and mass house arrest was a useless as well highly damaging imposition

[4/8, 2:25 PM] Alex From Venice: But after 3 weeks the numbers PROVE that my evaluations were right

[4/8, 2:53 PM] Winston Wu: How come new zealand only has one fatality out of 1200 cases?

[4/8, 3:00 PM] Alex From Venice: very likely it depends the way they report the cases. If you report as Covid19 death case only those who have died without have been previously affected by any other pathology then then numbers are 1 hundred times smaller. As I TOLD YOU ALREADY in italy among 4500 reported covid19 death only 45 are due to the Covid19 alone, all other 4450 cases is of persons who have been sick of other pathologies already, some 1 more pathology, some 2, some 3

[4/8, 3:02 PM] Winston Wu: If that's so why doesnt the media report that?

[4/8, 3:04 PM] Alex From Venice: because media like BIG number, so they can make "scoop"

[4/8, 3:04 PM] Alex From Venice: media are motivated by catching people attention

[4/8, 3:04 PM] Alex From Venice: so the seek for anything that can terrify

[4/8, 3:06 PM] Alex From Venice: or they are cooperating with the NWO elites who wants to scare the people so that they quitely accept any kind of soppruse and freedom restriction imposed by their governments

halnovemila
Freshman Poster

Post by halnovemila »

Winston wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 12:08 am
My friend alexs analysis proving that quarantine is useless.
Link to the original post on FB
https://www.facebook.com/halnovemila.fa ... 4371223174

(so you can read an English translated version)
Comments in English to the post are welcome
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 2:26 pm
Shemp wrote:China is ashamed to be associated with such disgusting food habits as eating dead bats pulled from a garbage can, which is why the true story has been suppressed. As for the janitors, they were cremated some time back...
Did they catch the man or men responsible? Have they been named? They ought to crucify them on the cross. Wouldn't everyone be trying to trace the exact origin and name names? What about the families of those janitors?
The janitors plus the manager responsible for them were taken into quarantine as soon as the authorities discovered what had happened. While in quarantine, they were questioned then treated for possible covid19 illness. The treatment killed them, so then they were cremated, as I noted. The families have been told to shut up or they will also be treated for possible illness...
Also, if a bat is dead, why would it be marketable at the wet market? You have to kill an animal in a certain way for it to be cooked and edible right? You can't just pick up a random dead animal and sell it in the market. It doesn't work that way. Have you tried picking up dead animals killed on the road and tried selling them in the meat market? Of course not. Are dead fish on the beach shores taken and sold for food? Of course not. Plus who would eat a bat and why? Isn't that like eating a rodent? It wouldn't even taste good.
This is Wuhan, China. They do things differently there. Same as in the United States you have rattlesnake handling Pentecostal Christians or cannibals like Ed Gein (basis for movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Primitive people in China can be very primitive indeed. Yes they do eat bats. Generally, they prefer to see the bat alive, precisely to make sure it wasn't found dead in the forest, but then some people can't resist a bargain, same way those janitors couldn't resist making extra money selling the dead bat.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

You'd think a lab might use an incinerator and burn such remains.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I went shopping yesterday, April 8, and many shelves were bare. Hardly any pasta sauce or fruit juices available. Also no plastic bags or tissue of any kind. From ziploc bags to garbage bags, paper towels, nothing. Just empty. I am going to have to start rationing my consumption of fruit juice because soon there won't be any left. I have plenty of paper towels to last me for two months or so. But I will run out of garbage bags sooner than that.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 10:51 pm
Lol do u guys believe this horror story about the coronavirus? It was allegedly written by a chinese high level official and whistleblower.
However it could be true that coronavirus isba leaked bioweapon gone wrong. Maybe the author of the story deliberately put out a ridiculous story full of contradictions to make conspiracy theories look foolish and discredit them. So maybe its a psyop to make conspiracies sound crazy and self contradictory and fictional.
I don't believe any story which is coming from a rather dubious source claiming something in China, or do I believe anything which is published by Chinese authorities.

However I believe what I can read in South Korean news published by medical experts, who do not hide their identity.
Nothing to worry about speak out true data, South Korea is not China, no cover-up.

In South Korea, the National medical system is excellent, the corona-virus is carefully researched and the response to this virus threat was really very professional.

The time of research of the corona-virus is however very short, only around 3 months.

The result is unchanged so far: The virus originally came from bats, was transferred to other animals - not sure which animals, but likely snakes or pangolins - and from there to humans. The place where it moved over the first time to humans was in Wuhan, it started in the wet market.

From there, Chinese visitors brought it into South Korea.

Nothing was found that this virus was created artificially in a secret Chinese laboratory and similar horror stories - these are rumors, but there is no proof for that.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200407000723

After South Korean medical doctors successfully found antibodies in recovered patients, they also treated two critical patients successfully with plasma containing antibodies from these recovered patients. There are now over 6900 recovered patients and the research about antibodies in those recovered patients and their use for treatment of critical patients is going on.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200409000630
South Korea's health authorities said Thursday they have not found a genetic mutation in the new coronavirus so far, evidence that they cited to dismiss concerns over possible errors in diagnostic testing.

The result came after a genetic analysis of 73 genes from coronavirus patients, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said in a statement.

The KCDC said gene mutation could lead to higher infectiousness or toxicity, and could even raise concerns over possible errors in testing.

The KCDC said it will publicly disclose details of the analysis to the World Health Organization.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200409000595

Testing instruments which work better and quicker and are cheaper to manifacture are now also successfully developed.
There is clearly progress in fighting the corona-virus in South Korea.
South Korean scientists in Daegu have developed a diagnostic kit that will cut down the COVID-19 testing time from previous six hours to 20 minutes.

This diagnostic agent has been transferred to a diagnostic kit maker called Mmonitor, whose website crashed due to heavy traffic as of 11 a.m., Thursday, upon the announcement by Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology.

According to DGIST, its new diagnostic agent makes it possible to amplify genetic information of the coronavirus at a constant 60 degrees Celsius, drastically cutting the time from conventional real-time PCR method.

When RT-PCR test kits amplify the genes to test virus infection, the machinery cranks up temperature to 90 degrees Celsius, then lowers it to 60 degrees, and repeats for 40 times.

During the processing time, a patient must wait four to six hours to learn the result. The machinery requires some 50 million won ($41,000) investment.

As DGIST’s technology requires no expensive temperature maintenance, new devices that must accompany the kit will cost less than 1 million won ($822), the university research center said.

This breakthrough achievement was enabled based on a memorandum of understanding formed between DGIST and Mmonitor in 2018 to collaborate on diagnostic devices and kits development.

Mmonitor recently signed a deal with GC Pharma MS for expedited exports of its Isopollo COVID-19 kits.
In general it can be said, that South Korea is obsessed to win as the first country the war against this corona-virus in every possible aspect, regardless if it is about testing kits, antibodies in plasma of recovered patients, testing machines if such antibodies are really present in the blood of these patients because re-infection was confirmed in some recovered patients, research in various medications, possible vaccine, protection clothes,
tracing infected people, tracing people in self-isolation etc.

If successful, this is a huge million-doller business for South Korea and compared to others, including USA and Japan and maybe even Taiwan, South Korea is clearly a big step ahead in research...

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200409000232

S. Korea's new cases drop below 40
South Korea confirmed 39 more novel coronavirus cases on Thursday, bringing the total to 10,423.

More new cases were reported in the Seoul metropolitan area than rest of the country.

Seoul and the surrounding Gyeonggi Province saw 22 more cases. The worst-stricken Daegu, whose cases total 6,807, added four cases, and North Gyeongsang Province zero. South Chungcheong Province and South Gyeongsang Province each confirmed one and two, respectively.

Twenty-three of the new cases were found among recent arrivals, accounting for 58 percent of newly confirmed cases. Ten of those were detected at the border, and the remaining 13 after they entered the country.

Thursday marks the first time since Feb. 20 the number of new cases has dropped below 40.

A total of 197 people have been released, making the number those discharged from the hospital after full recoveries at 6,973. Four more people died, with the death toll reaching 204.