Elizabeth Holmes & Theranos - Biggest Fraud in Silicon Valley, From Billionaire to Convict

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Winston
Site Admin

Elizabeth Holmes & Theranos - Biggest Fraud in Silicon Valley, From Billionaire to Convict

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 9th, 2016, 7:09 am
The "billionaire" Elizabeth Holmes, CEO of Theranos is now being racked thru the coals in the press. Just last year, she was held up as the 32 y/o wonderkund who was making waves in STEM leadership. Now she is likely to be indicted and her net worth will be $0 after her investers are paid.

Women can be leaders, but it does not help when the media promotes incompetent women as noteworthy.
Funny you should mention her. I just saw a documentary about her on HBO. It was friggin hilarious. I never knew this lady was famous until now. So I typed her name in the forum to see if anyone discussed her, it seems one person has. lol

I can't believe a blonde good looking girl could get away with this. Just because she looks good and sounds intelligent and charming, everyone believed her, including older powerful white men, even though her claims made no sense and defied basic logic and she had no qualifications in medicine or biochemistry to try to create this Theranos invention of hers. People should have been skeptical from the get go, especially since she didn't know what she was talking about and was a college drop out and knew nothing about blood testing. What gall.

Yet at 19 she becomes the first billionaire? So anyone who looks good and is a smooth talker and has a charming charismatic personality can talk themselves into getting billions in investment funding? lol. I guess if she was in a different industry like computers or religion, she could have gotten away with that, but the healthcare industry isn't something you can get away with making false promises in, since people's health is at stake. That was her major critical error.

Here's the new 2 hour HBO documentary about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos if anyone wants to see it. It has Spanish subtitles but the audio is in English. It's very interesting to see how some good looking blonde woman could fool so many investors into forking over millions and billions.

Right now, Wikipedia says she's worth 0 dollars, which is less than me. lol. In fact, her worth is in the negative figures, since investors and the US government are suing her for 700 million, and she is using her remaining cash to pay lawyers to defend herself, rather than returning it to investors. lol. Hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Holmes
Net worth US $0[1] (December 2019)

By 2015, Forbes had named Holmes the youngest and wealthiest self-made female billionaire in America, on the basis of a $9 billion valuation of her company.[5] In the following year, following revelations of potential fraud about its claims, Forbes had revised its published estimate of her net worth to zero,[6] and Fortune had named Holmes one of the "World's Most Disappointing Leaders".[7]
9 billion to 0? Wow I can't imagine a bigger fall than that. lol.

@Contrarian Expatriate what do you think? What went wrong? How did she dupe so many people? Didn't she know she had it coming?

Experts such as the Wallstreet Journal guy who wrote a book about her, said she was sincere and didn't intend to be a fraud. She was merely following the traditional American way of "fake it til you make it" which successful entrepreneurs, including Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs, had done successfully in the past. However, those men ended up inventing things that worked and that were real, whereas she never really had a working product and the Theranos machine never did what it was supposed to do, not even close. She was hoping probably, that at some point, her Theranos device would become a reality, like the iphone became a reality eventually, but computers and blood work lab testing are totally different. You can make a computer do whatever you want it to, but you can't do that with blood work.

She probably fell for that New Age lie that "anyone can accomplish anything if they believe in themselves" and ignored the fact that in real life, some things are achievable and realistic, and some things are not. That's one of the downsides of New Age beliefs that "nothing is impossible". If you take that literally it can have disastrous consequences, such as in this case. I wish New Age gurus such as Dr. Wayne Dyer were still around to see the disastrous consequences of their teachings that "nothing is impossible" and that "anyone can accomplish anything if they believe it" etc. lol. Oh well. At least Dr. Deepak Chopra is still around to see that such New Age claims are not true and can have bad consequences, so they are not harmless.

Some of the experts that Holmes and her partner hired even told her that her invention was impossible and that the laws of physics could not be bent to serve her wishes. But she fired them. She only wanted to hear that "Yes it can be done" from Yes Men, even if saying so was a lie. lol. I guess that's how deluded Americans can be. They prefer a positive lie over a negative truth. The New Agers do too.

Btw do you guys think there may have been a conspiracy against Holmes? I mean if her Theranos machine had actually worked, then wouldn't the US healthcare industry lose billions of dollars? Someone would have lost a lot, especially the corporations in the US healthcare industry right? So could it be that they conspired to make sure that she would fail and that Theranos would never become a reality? Or was the whole thing doomed from the start? What do you guys think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Elizabeth Holmes & Theranos - The Biggest Fraud in Silicon Valley History, From Billionaire to Convict

Post by Winston »

Btw if you don't want to watch a 2 hour documentary on Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, here is a shorter 24 min summary video of the whole story that explains it in a more condensed form. Apparently, she's considered the biggest fraud in the history of Silicon Valley. What a great title huh? lol

Another one.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Elizabeth Holmes & Theranos - The Biggest Fraud in Silicon Valley History, From Billionaire to Convict

Post by Winston »

This is hilarious. Check this out. A reporter from Inside Edition ambushes Elizabeth Holmes and her new fiance in the park in San Francisco and asks her some critical questions, while Holmes says nothing and tries to walk away. Apparently she has no remorse or guilt for what she's done. A true sociopath.

Her fiance doesn't even do anything. He's all "this is not my problem". lol. Look at the new guy she's engaged to. Isn't he tall and handsome? lol. Apparently he's a heir to a hotel empire so he's worth billions. But isn't he stupid to get involved with her, since he knows she's a big scammer and faces millions in lawsuits, which he may have to pay for in the future? Plus she may go to jail for years too if convicted by federal prosecutors. What an idiot guy. His parents must be pissed.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't Elizabeth Holmes a chilling example of what happens when a greedy woman tries TOO HARD to become a man or emulate her male role models such as Steve Jobs? lol

Do you guys think she's hot? lol

Also, don't her eyes look kind of cold and soulless? Like she's a droid or an AI and not even human? lol

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 11:34 pm
@Contrarian Expatriate what do you think? What went wrong? How did she dupe so many people? Didn't she know she had it coming?
One of the most peddled agendas in the West is the "Women in STEM" malarkey. So few women are worth anything in STEM fields that the media was desperate for an example of a young female entrepreneur in STEM.

There were some glaring clues that others missed amidst the hype:

- Her father was a high level official from the infamous Enron company that went down as one of the biggest corporate frauds in history. That should have been a clue!

- She was a university dropout but she and they spun it like she was another Bill Gates, who left Harvard to build Microsoft, in the making.

- She was unoriginal and took on Steve Jobs' black turtleneck persona showing she was more interested in emulating his mystique than his innovation.

- She benefitted from Young, White, Female status to play investors and the media like fiddles to get attention, unjustified funding, and support.

- Credible, and skilled whistleblowers in her company were fired and later ignored as male naysayers trying to besmirch a woman on the rise.

- She fully understood that her Young, White, Female status provided her with a P*ssy Pass that shielded her from normal scrutiny and accountability if things went wrong and she was right. The Securities and Exchange Commission "settled" her case even though they admitted she committed a "massive fraud." And the criminal case against her is dragging on and is set for trial later this year.

I would not be surprised if her "P*ssy Pass" enables her to strike a plea deal and avoid prison time altogether. This is what happens in America when women commit crimes while men get virtual life sentences for similar corporate fraud crimes. Bernie Madoff will die in prison and Michael Milkin would have died in prison had Trump not pardoned him.

This is an example of the power of exalted Young, White, Female privilege on display. They can commit crimes and deprive people of billions and Americans will slap them on the hand, if that.

This woman belongs in PRISON along with Bernie Madoff but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. If she does get prison time (which I doubt), it will be a very short sentence and in a minimum security, country club type prison.

God DAMN America for the anti-male, femo-fascist tyranny it has become!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's a great analysis CE.

Well the Federal Prosecution is asking for 20 years in prison for her. I agree it will probably be a reduced sentence. But I imagine it will at least be several years in jail for her, with parole of course. The case against her is too strong. But they can't just let her go scotch free. They got to make an example out of her. Otherwise, everyone will be outraged and it will send the wrong message that anyone can commit fraud and get away with it. They can't let their feminist bias be that obvious. At this point, she is hated even by women too, for giving women entrepreneurs a bad name. So if everyone hates her, including the media, then she's bound to get some jail time at least, since no one is on her side and no one sympathizes with her. Not even the older white powerful males she duped. So it's likely she will spend some time in jail I think. The WSJ reporter and author who brought Theranos down and wrote that book about her (Bad Blood) predicts the same.

Even if she only got a short prison sentence, still her reputation is ruined for life. Everyone sees her as a big fraud. She'll never be able to start a company again. I don't know how she got another rich guy to marry her and give her a good life. I guess she can retire in luxury at least, even if it means knowing that everyone will hate her for life.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The only women in STEM that, to me, install value are some Indian women from the southern Asian subcontinent. They have the highest IQs for women in I.T. in my experiences. They typically are mono-y-mono (stick with their South Asian/Indian boyfriends/husbands) kind of humble women whom aren't really on that feminist bandwagon although some subtly agree with feminists on many things. I have seen female programmers here and there, but they aren't on an upper-echelon level like male-dominated PMs (Project Managers) whom are PMP and/or Six Sigma certified. I met one JavaScript/React.JS Black American female programmer, but she was still a stout "Mekeisha" from the 'hood.

I hope I never have to work out of Maryland-DC-N. Virginia (even though they say that is the best area in the USA to work in I.T. as a Black person) if things get bad for me. Black people in that area are cutthroat and Uncle-Tomish. When I was being trained for SharePoint 2010 when I was in northern Virginia (right outside of DC), every time I have passed my Microsoft cert exams, and I would come into the classroom gleefully cherry, none of the Blacks in the classroom gave me accolades. Not One. However, the south Indian, one Arab, and a White guy gave me accolades.

Currently, my employer is based out of New Jersey, and I get along seamlessly with northern employers.

The employers I had been on contracts with in Tennessee (Nashville), Georgia (Duluth/Atlanta), and Charlotte have been the worse experiences I ever had.

The Nashville employer kept me on the payroll for three checks to a total of 15K USD so that I couldn't sue them for at least 3x's more. Smart and institutionally-racist on their part.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 3:21 am
The only women in STEM that, to me, install value are some Indian women from the southern Asian subcontinent. They have the highest IQs for women in I.T. in my experiences.
Sure, but I bet they are nothing compared to the Indian men in IT. Also, even Indian women don't rise to become high innovators and CEOs at the rate of Indian men. Perhaps they can code alright, but building transformative companies and leading them is something I have not seen them do just yet.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

February 21st, 2020, 9:42 am
The only women in STEM that, to me, install value are some Indian women from the southern Asian subcontinent. They have the highest IQs for women in I.T. in my experiences.
Sure, but I bet they are nothing compared to the Indian men in IT. Also, even Indian women don't rise to become high innovators and CEOs at the rate of Indian men. Perhaps they can code alright, but building transformative companies and leading them is something I have not seen them do just yet.
Lol, no.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

February 21st, 2020, 9:42 am
Agreed :+1:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CE,
What is the "Women in STEM" thing about? What does STEM stand for? If women suck at IT or programming, how can they accomplish anything? Most women freely admit that they hate logic and chess, so how can they be anything good in the computer or IT industry?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 8:29 pm
What does STEM stand for?
Science, engineering, technology and mathematics.
Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu »

Winston wrote:
Winston! My son!

Why you don’t know STEM???

All Chinese know STEM! All Chinese DO STEM!

Except you!!

You shame Daddy! Again!!

Shame!! SHAME!!!!

Love,
Your Daddy
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Daddy Wu wrote:
February 21st, 2020, 11:51 pm
Winston wrote:
Winston! My son!

Why you don’t know STEM???

All Chinese know STEM! All Chinese DO STEM!

Except you!!

You shame Daddy! Again!!

Shame!! SHAME!!!!

Love,
Your Daddy
Sorry dad. But I told you a million times, I'm not typical Asian remember? I'm a banana, an Asian body with a White soul, but not just any White soul, more like a White philosopher soul like Socrates or Plato. lol. Mixed with a British aristocratic gentlemen from Victorian England too. lol. How many times do I have to explain that to you? Why can't you get that past your stubborn Asian mind? LOL

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anyway, what do you guys think of Elizabeth Holmes? Isn't she hot? Is she doable? Would you guys do her? lol

Why would anyone get involved with her at this point, especially a billionaire young guy, when she is now universally hated and despised and has a ton of legal problems with both the US government and investors? lol. So stupid.